is Phil Spencer still considered the right guy for Xbox?

Is Phil the right leader for Xbox?

• Yes

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 28 70.0%

• Total voters

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Who hyped up the may event?

The july event was great.

Halo getting delayed is irrelevant to the XSX seeing as it was a cross generation game anyway. I was never getting a XSX to play halo.

For Sony Stan's

It's not to late to join the winning team

:banderas:

xbox-gaming-showcase-pre-show.jpg

Seriously though can't wait:ahh:

Preshow's

@Fatboi1 @surf receipts don't lie
full

now it's I wasn't getting a XSX for Halo anyway. :mjlol:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I like Phil so I voted 'Yes'.
I know it looks bad, but I feel like its his team letting him down. The people who he empowers below him are dropping the ball.
He put Xbox in position. Spending money on the hardware, developing the new Gamepass* strategy, investing and launching Xbox Cloud Gaming, building hype and getting it all rolling.
Then you have Aaron Greenberg over hyping the May event, Matt Booty not properly managing the Xbox Game Studios, and the July event wasn't great.

But at this point, the launch is just as bad (if not worse) than Xbox One launch. These guys aren't launching with any exclusives...not even console exclusives.
Same user interface, same games, same controller...this is a bad look.

For it to be a respectable launch the Series X needs to be the same price as the PS5 DE or lower.

*I believe the promise of this recurring income is the reason why MS hasn't completely dropped console gaming from their business.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I know it looks bad, but I feel like its his team letting him down. The people who he empowers below him are dropping the ball.
He put Xbox in position. Spending money on the hardware, developing the new Gamepass* strategy, investing and launching Xbox Cloud Gaming, building hype and getting it all rolling.
Then you have Aaron Greenberg over hyping the May event, Matt Booty not properly managing the Xbox Game Studios, and the July event wasn't great.

But at this point, the launch is just as bad (if not worse) than Xbox One launch. These guys aren't launching with any exclusives...not even console exclusives.

For it to be a respectable launch the Series X needs to be the same price as the PS5 DE or lower.

*I believe the promise of this recurring income is the reason why MS hasn't completely dropped console gaming from their business.

TheseAlarmingElephantseal-size_restricted.gif

stop capin for that clown. He's the HCIC at Xbox. It falls on him. No excuses.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide

You can only expect people to have patience for so long especially in this day and age. A lotta actual x box fans might be losing hope in MS. Yea it does look bad at the moment but time will tell. Microsoft gotta eat the L’s right now however and they should keep looking to get new ips and bring back scalebound and maybe dante’s inferno so they have flexibility if something like this happens again

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Phil Spencer seems like a decent enough guy, and I like him as the head of XBox, but if it's not time for him to go, it's at least time to start asking about it.

He got dealt a bad hand last gen by taking over for Mattrick so suddenly. But he takes sole ownership of this situation, and it looks pretty bad.

What confuses me the most is that they STARTED all of this by saying they were working on the next generation around the same time they unveiled the One X, if I remember correctly. The fact that they seem generally unprepared is absolutely astonishing to me.

The fact that non of their first party studios have anything big ready for launch is concerning. It makes it seem like somehow they aren't ready for their own launch.

Maybe it's overreaction from it just happening today, but the fact that there's no new date for Halo makes the delay worse. If the game is in a state that you're not comfortable giving a new date, then maybe it shouldn't have been the centerpiece of last month's show. What's worse is that the people who have been insisting that the gameplay demo shown off was indicative that the game wasn't ready automatically feel vindicated.

This all looks bad from the outside looking in, and the person it looks worst for is Phil. He may not get got right now, but he's probably not seeing the end of this console cycle. :francis:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This is what bothers me the most about the series X. It's so bland. At least if it had a new OS, new controller and some new stand out features it would stand out but right now it basically looks like an upgrade of the Xbox One X in the most safest sense. Basically a PC getting a hardware upgrade but everything else is the same.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Really no reason to try bruh I hope microsoft get they shyt together they can’t afford to be behind another generation

This delay pretty much buried any chance of making next gen competitive. Thought this gen was an ass whuppin..... It might be worse next gen