is Phil Spencer still considered the right guy for Xbox?

Is Phil the right leader for Xbox?

• Yes

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 28 70.0%

• Total voters

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
This delay pretty much buried any chance of making next gen competitive. Thought this gen was an ass whuppin..... It might be worse next gen
Man the PR screwed them over this gen and they just never fully recovered from it. From 2021 n forward they need to be dropped new ips and get feedback to improve them. Scalebound definitely needs to return it could have been a good rival to horizon

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Man the PR screwed them over this gen and they just never fully recovered from it. From 2021 n forward they need to be dropped new ips and get feedback to improve them. Scalebound definitely needs to return it could have been a good rival to horizon

PHIL KEPT overpromising and underdelivering

EWZ1rhRXQAEJEBo

Snake oil salesman

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
After the news about Halo Infinite being delay to 2021, and all the other mistakes xbox have gone through under Phil's management ...can he still be considered as the right choice for Xbox? I believe he took over Xbox in 2014 (correct me if im wrong) , and i still havent seen any positive changes for the Xbox brand.
Yes he is. Phil has done a great job. Backwards compatibility, multiplatform multiplayer, Game Pass, expanding Xbox Studios.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yes he is. Phil has done a great job. Backwards compatibility, multiplatform multiplayer, Game Pass, expanding Xbox Studios.

I play everything and I think the whole xbox ecosystem they’ve been setting up is excellent. GamePass, XCloud, and Xbox All Access are all great. They just need more exclusives to compete with Sony’s first party offerings but I’m excited for what they have in the pipeline, particularly the Western RPGs :ehh:

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps

Games? Whats that? This is why xbox will never get anywhere. The players are too comfortable with services being their primary go to. Xbots deserve all the 360p, unfunished, 6 metacritic games they do eventually put out :snoop:.

PlayStations stance is clear. A focus on next gen, AAA games. The services and bc are there too but they are not the main selling point

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think he’s done fantastic regarding services and hardware. Cloud gaming and streaming is clearly the future even though it’s still too early and their Gamepass service is great for those who like Microsoft games and if they start adding third party AAA games day one it will become even better. The Xbox hardware; One X and Series X has been brilliant.

But what he fails at and that’s the most important in gaming is games. Their software output has been awful under his watch and even though they’ve bought new studios, it’ll take a long long time for first party games to match Sony’s. Matt Booty and that fat clown Aaron Greenberg should’ve been sacked a long time ago as they’re both useless.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Games? Whats that? This is why xbox will never get anywhere. The players are too comfortable with services being their primary go to. Xbots deserve all the 360p, unfunished, 6 metacritic games they do eventually put out :snoop:.

PlayStations stance is clear. A focus on next gen, AAA games. The services and bc are there too but they are not the main selling point
Here's the thing. Microsoft can continue to build Xbox as a service. There's nothing wrong with that approach. You keep looking at Microsoft through the lens of wanting them to be more like Sony. They don't need to do that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think he’s done fantastic regarding services and hardware. Cloud gaming and streaming is clearly the future even though it’s still too early and their Gamepass service is great for those who like Microsoft games and if they start adding third party AAA games day one it will become even better. The Xbox hardware; One X and Series X has been brilliant.

But what he fails at and that’s the most important in gaming is games. Their software output has been awful under his watch and even though they’ve bought new studios, it’ll take a long long time for first party games to match Sony’s. Matt Booty and that fat clown Aaron Greenberg should’ve been sacked a long time ago as they’re both useless.
If the future of Xbox is Gamepass then Microsoft shouldn't be putting out AAA Sony style games. They need to focus on service style games that people play long term.