Is OLED The Biggest Lie Ever Told

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
So oled or nah?

People spoke of plasma horror stories but i never had an issue.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They had one of those C7 joints at Best Buy open box for like $1300. Since I got some Christmas money and a bonus at work I said fukk it and bought it for the bedroom to replace a 1080p set. Next year I'll replace the living room 4K TV with one that has HDMI 2.1 on it. Got home and plugged the bytch up and it floored me. I've never seen colors this vivid on a TV before.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
They had one of those C7 joints at Best Buy open box for like $1300. Since I got some Christmas money and a bonus at work I said fukk it and bought it for the bedroom to replace a 1080p set. Next year I'll replace the living room 4K TV with one that has HDMI 2.1 on it. Got home and plugged the bytch up and it floored me. I've never seen colors this vivid on a TV before.
That's a W:cheers:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So oled or nah?

People spoke of plasma horror stories but i never had an issue.
You didn't get plasma at first then. For a couple of years it was what it was. Consumers was taught that LED is the way to go, not LCD :scust: then plasma fixed the burn in issues and was once again the best picture..by that time the damage was done. Sheep ain't about learning nah mean. Now it's a new tv generation and they are deploying the same tactics so they can cake off of people like @winb83 :francis:

You see bruh, this is new tech. So it's a little costly, and people who buy shyt like this early will act like their life changed because of it. The truth is those TV's have the best colors TODAY but in one years time will be the best of the dinosaur TV's. Cheaper, better HDMI 2.1 compliant TV's will be here in less than a year.

Honest opinion, If you are pressed to make that jump? Wal-Mart got 55in 4k HDR TCL for $389, then wait for a few months. Spending $1,000's on something that could possibly burnin and is not 2.1 compliant is a risk vs reward situation. For those saying they haven't gotten burn in yet :snoop: that's great, did you try to ruin your expensive television to see :usure: cuz people don't usually do that ON PURPOSE...

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Oh hell yeah. Its still an issue. OLED TVs have cycles they run when you power them down to try and avoid it but doesn't always stop it. Apple flat out said expect burn in on the new iPhones and the new Pixel already suffers from it. Samsung on their phones slightly moves the ui elements around you try and avoid it.
:hubie:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
What's a C7?

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You didn't get plasma at first then. For a couple of years it was what it was. Consumers was taught that LED is the way to go, not LCD :scust: then plasma fixed the burn in issues and was once again the best picture..by that time the damage was done. Sheep ain't about learning nah mean. Now it's a new tv generation and they are deploying the same tactics so they can cake off of people like @winb83 :francis:

You see bruh, this is new tech. So it's a little costly, and people who buy shyt like this early will act like their life changed because of it. The truth is those TV's have the best colors TODAY but in one years time will be the best of the dinosaur TV's. Cheaper, better HDMI 2.1 compliant TV's will be here in less than a year.

Honest opinion, If you are pressed to make that jump? Wal-Mart got 55in 4k HDR TCL for $389, then wait for a few months. Spending $1,000's on something that could possibly burnin and is not 2.1 compliant is a risk vs reward situation. For those saying they haven't gotten burn in yet :snoop: that's great, did you try to ruin your expensive television to see :usure: cuz people don't usually do that ON PURPOSE...
You're still on a projection CRT though

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Breh i got the same joint. Just watched the Revenant 4k blu ray and it was incredible. All the scenes with sun poking through the trees and all the dope scenery :whew:

Watched Dunkirk after on psn like :francis: the whole time, that i didnt just buy the 4k

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
The new joints have shyt that protects against burn in. Unless you use it like an a$$hole watching espn or some shyt with a ticker for like 48 hours straight you're not going to get burn in

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
rtings is doing a long-term test on Burn-In, (LG B6 with pixel shift on), and it ain't looking too good.

they don't have a reason to be biased either since they get revenue off referral links and OLED's would net them greater payouts with the higher prices for those TVs.

20/7 Burn-In Test: OLED vs LCD VA vs LCD IPS

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:blessed:Watching CP3 break Kawhi's ankles :whew:

AAAXOzu.jpg
congrats breh i feel very strongly about the superiority of oled vs lcd/led tv
you will be blown away and everything else will look washed out after

i dont have a oled tv. but im itching for my 65inch 4k tv to break before splurging

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
High end OLED monitors (not tv's)
CanonDP-V3010 30
SonyBVM-E250 Trimaster EL OLED Master Monitor (24.62
FSI | CM250
transvideo etc,
LED's
Dolby Professional Reference Monitor PRM-4220

For the most part Colourists (who use monitors as a reference for grading/timing films use either high end OLED, LED or old CRT.) Many bemoaned the death of CRT and looked at the rise of OLED as a new age for monitors/tv's.

As far as I'm concerned you get what you pay for in all monitors/tv's. 10 bit and high end components/oled's etc are going to exhibit a pretty good picture more often than not.

This burn in thing y'all referencing seems to be somewhat misleading and different in each monitor case. OLED doesn't have back panels (self emitting diode) so if it does exist (which it may very well do) it must be an entirely different type of damage to what many of you are referencing/suggesting.

It's all the eye of the beholder, some people prefer a glossy, colour saturated, style look. Others prefer tonality, latitude etc, work it out and see what you like.