Is OLED The Biggest Lie Ever Told

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
rtings is doing a long-term test on Burn-In, (LG B6 with pixel shift on), and it ain't looking too good.

they don't have a reason to be biased either since they get revenue off referral links and OLED's would net them greater payouts with the higher prices for those TVs.

20/7 Burn-In Test: OLED vs LCD VA vs LCD IPS
I seen this before i bought mine.

They have those logo's on there all the time and run the same loop 20 hours a day. :deadmanny:

They basically trying to create burn in. Nobody watches tv like that. :stopitslime:

Last edited:

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
oh and unless you are streaming/watching 4k house of cards and or have a huuuuuuuuuuge tv/monitor, the 4k thing is baloney.

If we are debating lies then thats what we should be discussing. Arri the top digital cinema camera company that creates most of the shyt you watch doesn't even use a utilise a 4096 x 2160 sensor specification/resolution 99% of the time (65mm alexa exlcuded.)

10 bit panel, oled, normal interpolation, hd over 8bit led/plasma, 4k any day of the week/year/month/year/life span.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
rtings is doing a long-term test on Burn-In, (LG B6 with pixel shift on), and it ain't looking too good.

they don't have a reason to be biased either since they get revenue off referral links and OLED's would net them greater payouts with the higher prices for those TVs.

20/7 Burn-In Test: OLED vs LCD VA vs LCD IPS
I'm not really concerned about burn in. I don't keep the same TV as my primary TV longer than about 2 years. This OLED I bought probably by 2020 I'll be moving on.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
They had one of those C7 joints at Best Buy open box for like $1300. Since I got some Christmas money and a bonus at work I said fukk it and bought it for the bedroom to replace a 1080p set. Next year I'll replace the living room 4K TV with one that has HDMI 2.1 on it. Got home and plugged the bytch up and it floored me. I've never seen colors this vivid on a TV before.
Are you sure it wasnt a demo version? :whoa: not trying to alarm you breh but this dude bought the floor joint with "a couple hundred" hours on it and the burn in is actualy of the screen saver :dead: its an older model so theres that too

Regardless if you aint seeing that shyt already you should have nothing to worry about. Also you can check how many hours are on it in the settings

Last edited:

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
oh and unless you are streaming/watching 4k house of cards and or have a huuuuuuuuuuge tv/monitor, the 4k thing is baloney.

If we are debating lies then thats what we should be discussing. Arri the top digital cinema camera company that creates most of the shyt you watch doesn't even use a utilise a 4096 x 2160 sensor specification/resolution 99% of the time (65mm alexa exlcuded.)

10 bit panel, oled, normal interpolation, hd over 8bit led/plasma, 4k any day of the week/year/month/year/life span.
Yup fully agree execpt the 4k may offer some upscaling benefits but for the most part 4k is tech without content.
People have bought a flying car where fuel is incredibly rare in mainstream consumption.
Don't get me wrong 4k is stunning but there isn't a lot of content right now. And I don't see that improving within the next 5-7 years which is typically how long you keep a tv.

Hdr and OLED are more important to display quality

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Also that test is crazy. At this point they've basically ran those TVs for 93 days running them at 20 hours a day for 16 weeks and this is with the same content in a 5 hour loop. If you watched TV for 4 hours a day every day It would take you a year and a half to reach those numbers and that's a consistent 4 hours a day every day for a year and a half. Also you wouldn't be watching the same exact content they are.

They should have done the test by leaving the TV on a cable or local channel for that amount of time. OLEDs suffer from burn-in. They probably always will. It just comes with the tech.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Are you sure it wasnt a demo version? :whoa: not trying to alarm you breh but this dude bought the floor joint with "a couple hundred" hours on it and the burn in is actualy of the screen saver :dead: its an older model so theres that too

Regardless if you aint seeing that shyt already you should have nothing to worry about. Also you can check how many hours are on it in the settings

6zbzpd.jpg

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yup fully agree execpt the 4k may offer some upscaling benefits but for the most part 4k is tech without content.
People have bought a flying car where fuel is incredibly rare in mainstream consumption.
Don't get me wrong 4k is stunning but there isn't a lot of content right now. And I don't see that improving within the next 5-7 years which is typically how long you keep a tv.

Hdr and OLED are more important to display quality
Nah, if you're into gaming, there is a lot of 4K content to have

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
That's why I'm glad I got a sony 930d, which is an LCD. Might not have as nice black levels, but I prefer LCD whites/brights as I did in comparison to plasma. Also, not having to baby the set and using it as a monitor is lovely.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Turns out LGs warranty doesn’t cover burn-in at all but the Best Buy’s extended does. Buying that warranty seems like a good idea. Especially the 5 year one. Yeah it’s $350 but in year 4 if the tv shows burn-in either they fix it or give you a gift card for what you paid. 4 years from now the TV you can get for that money will be way better. I may keep this TV a long time if I go that route.