Is OLED The Biggest Lie Ever Told

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
No, OLED is rather great tech. They just need to refine it more. Having each pixel give it's own light as opposed to the single or double backlight of a standard LCD would give better color accuracy.

Still get comparable LCD panels though, mainly IPS displays or Super LCD. Getting off the backlight is key.

After using the GOAT phone (iPhone X :umad:) there is no going back to LCD :scust:

my next TV purchase is definitely going to be OLED, I laugh at clowns who jumped into 4K and still not using OLED

Tim Cook is on record having said OLEDs are crap, but once it's installed with an Apple logo it makes sense. :whistle:

Mac071415

Go spurs
Daps
Reppin
Texas
After using the GOAT phone (iPhone X :umad:) there is no going back to LCD :scust:

my next TV purchase is definitely going to be OLED, I laugh at clowns who jumped into 4K and still not using OLED
Lol you apple fakkits barely got on the oled shyt? Flagship galaxies have had it since the first s1.
Note 8 > Notch phone X

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Samsung believes that too hence QLED.

The truth is OLED is Plasma 2.0. They even get the same burn in and lack the full brightness of LCD.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
OLEDs have burnin? :wtf:
Oh hell yeah. Its still an issue. OLED TVs have cycles they run when you power them down to try and avoid it but doesn't always stop it. Apple flat out said expect burn in on the new iPhones and the new Pixel already suffers from it. Samsung on their phones slightly moves the ui elements around you try and avoid it.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Oh hell yeah. Its still an issue. OLED TVs have cycles they run when you power them down to try and avoid it but doesn't always stop it. Apple flat out said expect burn in on the new iPhones and the new Pixel already suffers from it. Samsung on their phones slightly moves the ui elements around you try and avoid it.

:wtf:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:dead: He speaking facts. That’s why I’m still on the fence with OLED, yeah that shyt looks great. But that price and the fact that it has burn in...:patrice:
OLED TVs also suffer from banding and vignetting as well as burn in. It isn't perfect at all. Just better blacks than LCD TVs.
jeY3UNt.jpg
36598490371_5524eef916_h.jpg

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
OLEDs have burnin? :wtf:
Yup that was the 1st thing I was warned about from one of my homies, basically its the only reason I'm hesitant to get one most of the games I play have a very standard static UI I can already see the burn in.

Supposedly if I don't leave it on for hours at a time on the same screen over and over I should be ok, and most Oleds have ability to do a "scrub" that helps with it.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm no expert but why does the S8 plus screen and images look so much better than the Iphone X?

I literally have both phones and its a pretty big difference.