Is OLED The Biggest Lie Ever Told

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
OLED TVs also suffer from banding and vignetting as well as burn in. It isn't perfect at all. Just better blacks than LCD TVs.
jeY3UNt.jpg
36598490371_5524eef916_h.jpg

What my oled looked like less than a year after purchase. Talk about pissed off. Boasted about how much better the picture will look and now my wife who is the opposite of tech-savvy thinks my PS4 is responsible. Love the picture but no more oleds for me until the tech improves...

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What my oled looked like less than a year after purchase. Talk about pissed off. Boasted about how much better the picture will look and now my wife who is the opposite of tech-savvy thinks my PS4 is responsible. Love the picture but no more oleds for me until the tech improves...
A year later? Oh nahhhhhh. LED for me, fukk that

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So outside of superior blacks .... :lupe:
LCDs have issues too dirty screen effect, flashlighting, ghosting and other motion handling issues. Many people don't notice this stuff until they're told what it is.

All the techs used in TV today have uniformity issues.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Make sure y'all by that extended warranty if you buy from best buy... what they don't tell you is after the warranty is done they'll reimburse you the money back onto a gift card. Use that to buy a new tv.

:hamster:

It's frustrating seeing people buy expensive ass tvs thinking all they need is the regular 1 year manufacturer warranty:hhh:

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
Make sure y'all by that extended warranty if you buy from best buy... what they don't tell you is after the warranty is done they'll reimburse you the money back onto a gift card.

Tell me more. :ohhh:

How much money we talkin over the life of the extended warranty?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So outside of superior blacks .... :lupe:
Wait, so you don't have an oled? And you didn't know about the drawbacks but wanna clown me :skip:
from my experience, its the OLED colors+ HDR10+ 4k clarity that is mind blowing. Like looking outside a window.
Question, what are you comparing it with? Because 4k and legit hdr10 will look amazing regardless. When and where did you do your comparison?
While the tech will improve, it won't win out. You guys must have forgot how HDtv went down. Plasma was the shyt, then it turned to shyt, then something better came out. That is exactly what is happening here. I recently made two threads on this exact topic but you guys felt jokes was better than knowledge :francis: Qdot tech from LG is really something...
70 inch Sony 930d

:youngsabo:

We dont buy into gimmicks. We deal with the true and livin

Its my Lifestyle.
The pro is a gimmick tho :dwillhuh:
I'm copping a TV January will 100% be oled
Look at this muthafukkin windowshopper :wow: he likes yachts, oled tv's, but ain't got either. Why haven't you saved up, you ain't got no kids. Probably sleeps on a futon :youngsabo:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Wait, so you don't have an oled? And you didn't know about the drawbacks but wanna clown me :skip:

Shut yo ramen noodle ass up. I wasn't paying double for OLED last year. Didn't know they had burn in issues either. It wasn't publicized then.

I chose wisely :blessed:

Last edited: