Is Karl Malone underrated?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Anyway,... Connie Hawkins was the goat pf and I get sick of the bullshyt.
The baby shyt Malone and Duncan did were not shyt to Connie hawkins.

Art Barr

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Yeah, he has a strong argument for #2 all-time power forward. However, there's been a lot more great centers than great power forwards, so being #2 in the PF slot doesn't get you into the top-10 overall.

I don't think Kareem, Jordan, Magic, Lebron, Russell, Hakeem, Duncan, Bird, Shaq, or Wilt should have any reason to fear Karl Malone taking one of their top-10 slots.

Stockton was around as long as Malone was, and I don't have him touching the top-10 either. I don't like the idea of longevity trumping dominance - my top-10 list is a list of guys who were the best, not the guys who were really good for a really long time. If Malone really was one of the GOATs independently of anyone else, and he had a top-5 all-time PG and a HOF coach matching him step-for-step his entire prime, then he should have had more success than he did. I mean...his playoff history is basically, "whipping boy for whoever in the West is actually sorta good this year". From his rookie season on, he went out early a LOT...he's like the anti-Lebron in the 1st round too.

Mavs, 1st round, 3 games to 1. (after making WCSF previous two years)
Warriors, 1st round, 3 games to 2.
Lakers, WCSF, 4 games to 3
Warriors, 1st round, sweep
Suns, 1st round, 3 games to 2
Blazers, WCSF, 4 games to 1
Blazers, WCF, 4 games to 2
Sonics, 1st round, 3 games to 2
Rockets, WCF, 4 games to 1
Rockets, 1st round, 3 games to 2
Sonics, WCF, 4 games to 3
Bulls, Finals, 4 games to 2
Bulls , Finals, 4 games to 2
Blazers, WCSF, 4 games to 2
Blazers, WCF, 4 games to 1
Mavs, 1st round, 3 games to 2
Kings, 1st round, 3 games to 1
Kings, 1st round, 4 games to 1
Then the Lakers debacle...
Take away the rings and you can say Malone had a better career than Bird.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Take away the rings and you can say Malone had a better career than Bird.
this is possibly the worst sports argument that I have ever read on this forum, and that says a lot

who does this comparision?? For what prize do the players play regular season + playoffs?

Bird and the rest of the top 10 are better than Malone exactly for the fact that they won multiple championships, as the alpha players, while Malone spent a 19 season career averaging monster stats but never winning a ring. With your comparision you basically try to compare players by their physicality while ignoring the mental part of the game.

with your comparision you are basically saying: if nba league had no championship prize and everyone was playing regular season for no purpose karl malone would be a better player than bird because he had a longer career and put up better stats...

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
this is possibly the worst sports argument that I have ever read on this forum, and that says a lot

who does this comparision?? For what prize do the players play regular season + playoffs?

Bird and the rest of the top 10 are better than Malone exactly for the fact that they won multiple championships, as the alpha players, while Malone spent a 19 season career averaging monster stats but never winning a ring. With your comparision you basically try to compare players by their physicality while ignoring the mental part of the game.

with your comparision you are basically saying: if nba league had no championship prize and everyone was playing regular season for no purpose karl malone would be a better player than bird because he had a longer career and put up better stats...
And this proves my point. This is why I said Durant had to leave OKC and get a ring. Peope don't give a fukk about your great numbers if you have no rings. Thank you for making my ulterior point.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
And this proves my point. This is why I said Durant had to leave OKC and get a ring. Peope don't give a fukk about your great numbers if you have no rings. Thank you for making my ulterior point.

U gotta watch the games too.

Bird was an animal that did whatever he wanted out there and win u championships. Malone couldn't and didn't do that.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
Just because he's #2 in points scored doesn't mean he the second best scorer.

Just because malone's highest ppg season was higher than Hakeem's and Shaq that doesn't beat he was harder to defend. Stockton helped boost his scoring and efficiency
Malone made Stockton, not the other way around. Malone had the deadliest midrange game the league has ever seen. Malone would feast with any point guard in the pick and roll.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
Malone made Stockton, not the other way around. Malone had the deadliest midrange game the league has ever seen. Malone would feast with any point guard in the pick and roll.

John Stockton had arguebly the best Court Vision in NBA history:what:. How the fukk Malone "made" stockton? He was teaching point guard classes?

Malone midrange was lethal but his numbers would not be like that without Stockton.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
John Stockton had arguebly the best Court Vision in NBA history:what:. How the fukk Malone "made" stockton? He was teaching point guard classes?

Malone midrange was lethal but his numbers would not be like that without Stockton.
How many assists did Stockton average in college?