I rate

Oscar
Dr. J
Isaiah
Hakeem
Wade
maybe Dirk and KG

all above Malone.

I'll hear arguments for Barkley, Robinson, Drexler, Pippen, Ewing, but I still rate him higher.

He's about top 20, not underrated imo

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
The man averaged 25 and 11 for 19 seasons. He made the playoffs every year he was in the league. He was the best player on his team for 18 of those 19 seasons. He's the Rodney Dangerfield of the NBA. No respect.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Karl Malone is perfectly rated.

He gets ignored too much for not winning a championship, but got WAY too much credit for Stockton spoon-feeding him like half his points.

He's a HOF player who doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as any of the GOATs.

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
The man averaged 25 and 11 for 19 seasons. He we made the playoffs every year he was in the league. He was the best player on his team for 18 of those 19 seasons. He's the Rodney Dangerfield of the NBA. No respect.

Also, until that last year with LAL... he missed like 6 games in his career. He never got injured.

That's why I say LeBron is a PG in Karl Malone's body.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
Karl Malone is perfectly rated.

He gets ignored too much for not winning a championship, but got WAY too much credit for Stockton spoon-feeding him like half his points.

He's a HOF player who doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as any of the GOATs.
If Stockton made Malone why didn't he make another one? Stockton wouldn't be able to turn Favors into Malone. You're giving him too much credit.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If Stockton made Malone why didn't he make another one? Stockton wouldn't be able to turn Favors into Malone. You're giving him too much credit.

Do you miss the part where I said that Malone was a HOF player? :usure:

Stockton was able to take a HOF player and help him get borderline GOAT numbers. He didn't do it with anyone else because he didn't have any other HOF players to work with.

I said that Malone was properly rated. He absolutely deserves to be HOF, he absolutely is not anywhere near the top-10 conversation.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
Do you miss the part where I said that Malone was a HOF player? :usure:

Stockton was able to take a HOF player and help him get borderline GOAT numbers. He didn't do it with anyone else because he didn't have any other HOF players to work with.

I said that Malone was properly rated. He absolutely deserves to be HOF, he absolutely is not anywhere near the top-10 conversation.
He's top 2 at his position. #1 if you consider Duncan a 5. His longevity alone should put him in the top 10.

Last edited:

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
The only TRUE power forward that can be debated vs. Malone is Barkley. Timmy is a center, but since they place him at PF, Karl is second. If Karl was in a bigger market, then his legacy on court would be appreciated and acknowledged more. Also, Stockton didn't spoon feed shyt, he gave Karl GREAT passes, very true, however, if y'all watched enough Jazz games you'd know that Karl had the best jumper of any front court player back then (can't spoon feed a jumper), he was MURDER in the paint with the ball, and the best pick and roll player probably in the history of the game. To say he was spoon fed is an exaggeration. Stockton assisted on most of Karls baskets because....DUH..he was the MAIN and at times the ONLY ball handler that ran the offense. With that said, Karl is under appreciated and underrated just like Barkley is. Put them two Bama niqqas in today's style of NBA, shyt would be illegal.

No one ran the floor like him either. Spoon fed? Nah, he worked for them Points brehs.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
He's top 2 at his position. #1 if you consider Duncan a 5. His longevity alone should put him in the top 10.

Yeah, he has a strong argument for #2 all-time power forward. However, there's been a lot more great centers than great power forwards, so being #2 in the PF slot doesn't get you into the top-10 overall.

I don't think Kareem, Jordan, Magic, Lebron, Russell, Hakeem, Duncan, Bird, Shaq, or Wilt should have any reason to fear Karl Malone taking one of their top-10 slots.

Stockton was around as long as Malone was, and I don't have him touching the top-10 either. I don't like the idea of longevity trumping dominance - my top-10 list is a list of guys who were the best, not the guys who were really good for a really long time. If Malone really was one of the GOATs independently of anyone else, and he had a top-5 all-time PG and a HOF coach matching him step-for-step his entire prime, then he should have had more success than he did. I mean...his playoff history is basically, "whipping boy for whoever in the West is actually sorta good this year". From his rookie season on, he went out early a LOT...he's like the anti-Lebron in the 1st round too.

Mavs, 1st round, 3 games to 1. (after making WCSF previous two years)
Warriors, 1st round, 3 games to 2.
Lakers, WCSF, 4 games to 3
Warriors, 1st round, sweep
Suns, 1st round, 3 games to 2
Blazers, WCSF, 4 games to 1
Blazers, WCF, 4 games to 2
Sonics, 1st round, 3 games to 2
Rockets, WCF, 4 games to 1
Rockets, 1st round, 3 games to 2
Sonics, WCF, 4 games to 3
Bulls, Finals, 4 games to 2
Bulls , Finals, 4 games to 2