Is Karl Malone underrated?

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Where exactly does he rank now? With cats like Steph Bron KD KG Wade Dirk being considered top 25-30 players at this point does the Mailman still make the top 30. Or has he been surpassed by some of these younger players at this time.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where exactly does he rank now? With cats like Steph Bron KD KG Wade Dirk being considered top 25-30 players at this point does the Mailman still make the top 30. Or has he been surpassed by some of these younger players at this time.
Imo it's not a given KG or Dirk is better.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Imo it's not a given KG or Dirk is better.
Never said they were but most acknowledge that both are top 25-30 type players. Does that push Malone down or is he still considered better than both. I would take KG personally cause of the defense cause both him and Malone were iffy in the clutch. Might even take Dirk too over the Mailman cause the big German was usually clutch and came through MOST times in the playoffs.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think he is almost criminally underrated simply because of Tim Duncan being listed as a PF for most of his career primarily due to him being drafted when Robinson was the center for the Spurs. then Duncan washed him on the rings. so whenever the best PF convo comes up its always Timmy, yet Mailman was a true PF if you want to talk positions and he was an overrated defender. I will always say people dont understand all the circumstances and variables it takes to win titles in team sports.

Daps
Something about the last name Malone must rub people the wrong way cause Moses is criminally slept on as well. You never hear breh's name in a GOAT Center debate, nevermind the GOAT debate.

3x MVP
1x FMVP
13x All-Star
8x All-NBA
6x Rebounding Champ
27,409 points (9th all time)
16,212 rebounds (5th all time)

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Something about the last name Malone must rub people the wrong way cause Moses is criminally slept on as well. You never hear breh's name in a GOAT Center debate, nevermind the GOAT debate.

3x MVP
1x FMVP
13x All-Star
8x All-NBA
6x Rebounding Champ
27,409 points (9th all time)
16,212 rebounds (5th all time)
Most have him after Cap Shaq Bill Wilt and Hakeem in some order. But he still doesn't get his props and he should legit have an argument over Dream (who i know was better) and maybe even Wilt with him having more rings and playing for like 20 years. I think both are better but Moses needs more props.

Daps
i really wonder where these nobody face ass poster be coming from.
then, trying to talk and make comments and nobody talks about none of these no-name ass nikkaz and they are making post just the same as everyone else.
yet, nobody can differentiate these huff ass nikkaz from anyone else as well.

again,..who are you, you nuffin ass nikka......?

art barr

:lolbron:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think he is almost criminally underrated simply because of Tim Duncan being listed as a PF for most of his career primarily due to him being drafted when Robinson was the center for the Spurs. then Duncan washed him on the rings. so whenever the best PF convo comes up its always Timmy, yet Mailman was a true PF if you want to talk positions and he was an overrated defender. I will always say people dont understand all the circumstances and variables it takes to win titles in team sports.

In the NBA, more so than any other sport, your rep is made in the playoffs. It's not just about him not having rings, it's about the fact that he was a non factor in the playoffs for the majority of his career. It's about the fact that players at his level are supposed to turn up come playoff time. How do you have two guys in the running for GOAT at their respective positions and their squad is a non factor in what was the inferior conference at the time for a decade?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was 252 and Zion 285 that’s so crazy to me cuz Karl looked like such a monster

People in general were smaller back then. I remember when it was a big deal when Dallas had all over 300 o-line. Basketball has always been a slender man's game. That said, Zion is a mutant. You see he came in the league and was instantly the heaviest or 2nd heaviest player.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Nah. He at the table with Charles Barkley and maybe Clyde sits at that table. GP not at they table. It's levels.