Is Karl Malone underrated?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
2-3 time all NBA third team, no second or first team nominations. People on here want to act like he was what Curry has been these past few years.
Better than curry in the clutch tho,
Don't act like his reg season number have translated to the post season, dude gets shook in May. Reggie tho steps his game up.

Swaggatron

TYBG
Supporter
Daps
And this proves my point. This is why I said Durant had to leave OKC and get a ring. Peope don't give a fukk about your great numbers if you have no rings. Thank you for making my ulterior point.

I agree...Dirk would've forever looked sawft if he never won a ring...Dominque...Barkley...Malone and Stockton all suffer on peoples "All Time" list because they did not have the supporting cast to help them get one...but Durant is going to be looked at as a beta no matter what now :wow:

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
I agree...Dirk would've forever looked sawft if he never won a ring...Dominque...Barkley...Malone and Stockton all suffer on peoples "All Time" list because they did not have the supporting cast to help them get one...but Durant is going to be looked at as a beta no matter what now :wow:
Nah, KD will be the leading scorer on a team that is probably going to be the next dynasty.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Take away the rings and you can say Malone had a better career than Bird.

Hmmm....

You do make a meaningful point there.

And this proves my point. This is why I said Durant had to leave OKC and get a ring. Peope don't give a fukk about your great numbers if you have no rings. Thank you for making my ulterior point.

No, that just adds more "stupid" to the problem.

Ring-counters are stupid. That doesn't mean that legitimately looking at your ability to perform in the postseason isn't a valid point. Karl Malone shouldn't be penalized for some stupid "But he doesn't have a ring!" argument with no context. But it IS fair to look at the teams he was on and his performance and say, "Should he have at least gotten THOSE teams further than he did, and did he show that he could take over and elevate a team when he needed to?"

Kevin Durant going to the Warriors proves NOTHING. It doesn't prove that he can elevate a team, it doesn't prove that he can take over when he needs to. Ring-chasing doesn't help your legacy. Actually performing in the postseason does.

Malone made Stockton, not the other way around. Malone had the deadliest midrange game the league has ever seen. Malone would feast with any point guard in the pick and roll.

I dunno....Stockton led the WCC in scoring, assists, and steals and nearly made the Olympic team (was dropped in the same cut as Terry Porter and Charles Barkley). He would have had more assists in college if his team hadn't been leaning on his to score 20+ ppg himself.

They made each other. Stockton being the NBA's career leader in both assists and steals isn't from Malone alone.

Anyway,... Connie Hawkins was the goat pf and I get sick of the bullshyt.
The baby shyt Malone and Duncan did were not shyt to Connie hawkins.

I swear, this guy comes up with the stupidest things on the whole Coli...

Just because it happened in black-and-white back when your vertical was more than 4" doesn't mean it was better, Art.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Hmmm....

You do make a meaningful point there.

No, that just adds more "stupid" to the problem.

Ring-counters are stupid. That doesn't mean that legitimately looking at your ability to perform in the postseason isn't a valid point. Karl Malone shouldn't be penalized for some stupid "But he doesn't have a ring!" argument with no context. But it IS fair to look at the teams he was on and his performance and say, "Should he have at least gotten THOSE teams further than he did, and did he show that he could take over and elevate a team when he needed to?"

Kevin Durant going to the Warriors proves NOTHING. It doesn't prove that he can elevate a team, it doesn't prove that he can take over when he needs to. Ring-chasing doesn't help your legacy. Actually performing in the postseason does.

I dunno....Stockton led the WCC in scoring, assists, and steals and nearly made the Olympic team (was dropped in the same cut as Terry Porter and Charles Barkley). He would have had more assists in college if his team hadn't been leaning on his to score 20+ ppg himself.

They made each other. Stockton being the NBA's career leader in both assists and steals isn't from Malone alone.

I swear, this guy comes up with the stupidest things on the whole Coli...

Just because it happened in black-and-white back when your vertical was more than 4" doesn't mean it was better, Art.

i really wonder where these nobody face ass poster be coming from.
then, trying to talk and make comments and nobody talks about none of these no-name ass nikkaz and they are making post just the same as everyone else.
yet, nobody can differentiate these huff ass nikkaz from anyone else as well.

again,..who are you, you nuffin ass nikka......?

art barr