Is Jayson Tatum really THAT much better than Jaylen Brown?

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
He's a 6'10 SF that can score at all 3 levels and defend

Tatum is a better creator, shot blocker, rebounder, scorer...they're equal defenders but Tatum at 6'10 being able to defend 1-5 makes him more valuable

I like Brown but I never see him being a top 5 player like Tatum currently is

LMAO

TATUM IS 6'8 AT BEST
STOP PUTTING EXTRAS ON IT

:devil:
:evil:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
https://985thesportshub.com/wp-cont...018/10/Celtics-media-day-group-photo-copy.jpg

Jaylen Brown is listed at 6'6...does this look like a 2 inch height difference :mjlol:

Gordon Hayward is 6'8 and he's clearly taller than him right here

If you wanna say Jaylen Brown is really 6'4.5 and Hayward is really 6'6, be my guest :hubie:

He's 6'9 min...prob between 6'9 & 6'10 w/ shoes

KD IS 6'10
AND ITS NOT CLOSE EVEN
WITH TATUMS HAIR.
tatumdruant.jpg

TATUM ISNT EVEN TALLER
THAN BRON.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly

KD IS 6'10
AND ITS NOT CLOSE EVEN
WITH TATUMS HAIR.
tatumdruant.jpg

TATUM ISNT EVEN TALLER
THAN BRON.

KD is 6'11, if not taller

I just compared tatum to his teammates at the time who were listed as 6'6 and 6'8 and he was clearly 3 inches taller than Brown

My point is Tatum's height allows him to literally defend 1-5 with ease and makes him more valuable defensively

He's towering over 95% of the SFs in the league today...yet he's also able to slide over to the 4 with ease

He's the best 2-way player among the top 7 guys imo, I know ppl will say Giannis but the jumpshooting & FT shooting are glaring weaknesses for Giannis

Tatum is a beast and it pains me to say this as a Laker fan, but I'm being objective...he hasn't even hit his prime

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
KD is 6'11, if not taller

I just compared tatum to his teammates at the time who were listed as 6'6 and 6'8 and he was clearly 3 inches taller than Brown

My point is Tatum's height allows him to literally defend 1-5 with ease and makes him more valuable defensively

He's towering over 95% of the SFs in the league today...yet he's also able to slide over to the 4 with ease

He's the best 2-way player among the top 7 guys imo, I know ppl will say Giannis but the jumpshooting & FT shooting are glaring weaknesses for Giannis

Tatum is a beast and it pains me to say this as a Laker fan, but I'm being objective...he hasn't even hit his prime

LMAO

TATUMS LISTED HEIGHT IS
6'8 YET YOU CALL HIM 6'10...

KD LISTED HEIGHT IS 6'10
BUT NOW HES 6'11 OR TALLER
TO FIT YOUR AGENDA...

AL HORFORD LISTED HEIGHT IS
6'9 AND TATUM IS SHORTER
THAN HORFORD.

denzel-washington-boom.gif

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
His problem is he's not that athletic or explosive. You put a strong athlete on him and he's going to have problems. There is a reason why Wiggins routinely has him in custody.

Im glad he never had to go against prime Bron or prime Kawhi because it might have been ugly.

And i think his bag might be slightly overrated. I used to argue that his bag was on par with Booker's....but Book usually does what he wants against GS while Tatum clearly struggles.

That being said he's still a great player....still worked himself into a good game last night....and even with all his struggles he kept working and made big plays...then big shots. That's a sign of greatness.

If he can sharpen up his tool kit...add the mid range...add some post moves GS won't be able to stop him anymore. But his physical gifts aren't enough to overwhelm certain players.

:skip:

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps

YOU POST A PIC OF TATUM
BEING SHORTER THAN AL HORFORD
TO PROVE WHAT?

Take what you want from it :hubie:

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
1. Was Bron not in his prime in 2018? Where a rookie JT had a break out Game 7 performance against him (including putting him on a poster). He must've been washed by early 2020 then, huh? When JT gave him 40 in LA with his second option at the time (Kemba) out with an injury. Hell, the last time JT scored less than 25 points and shot less than 50% against Lebron was in early 2019. Bron been washed for half a decade then I guess. :mjlol:

Also outplayed Kawhi in both meetings in the 2019-20 season. Arguably his best statistical season.

2. He clearly does not. At all :mjlol: His numbers suggest otherwise, you're just making shyt up. He's a plus NBA athlete and that is not even debatable. He routinely blows by wings in the half court and finishes over the top of big men. His athleticism has never been an issue atany point in his career/

3. Okay, so nothing matters except the 6 game stretch in the NBA Finals (probably because that's all you watched), got it. Then just say that instead of lying and saying he has issues with a player he very clearly does not.

4. Then why don't the numbers reflect that? It's easy to say shyt with nothing to back it up. If Book's "skillset" is better against the Warriors, why does he put up worse numbers across the board?

1 - He never played against Prime Bron. That was post prime Bron.

Bron in his absolute Prime was a top 3 defender who would routinely lock wings up which was around 09-16. His defense fell off big time after that. Same for Kawhi....Kawhi was the league's best wing defender from 14-17. Then he started getting hurt. Tatum wasn't around to go against either one during their peaks.

2 - Of course he's an nba athlete....i'm saying he's not an elite one. He does not have great speed nor explosiveness. Nothing wrong with that...he's still a great player. He's still got great skill.

3 - And why would i care about meaningless regular season games over 6 games played at the very pinnacle. Those 6 games>>>>those 10 regular season matchups.

4 - Book's played twice as many games against the Warriors than Tatum...that's not even a fair sample size. Even with that Tatum's numbers are just marginally better.

I'm not even shytting on Tatum btw i'm a fan. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Do you yourself have any critiques about his game? Or are you gonna just keep making excuses for every shortcoming?