Is Jayson Tatum really THAT much better than Jaylen Brown?

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
His man to man defense always been overrated he's a good off ball defender

LeBron was an all world defender for damn near a decade. He would routinely look up point guards and wings in his prime. Go look at his 2013 run….Tony Parker was shredding the Heat once Bron switched on him he couldn’t do shyt. Then he would switch on Duncan. He guarded Pierce, Joe Johnson, Paul George, Kobe. All the monster scorers and they all shot under their regular averages.

If you’re gonna say Bron was never a top defender you’re just exposing yourself. Bron was runner up for DPOY 3 out of 4 years…he was a top 3 defender in his prime.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I think one of the main issues with Tatum is he can be too predictable. When I watch him hoop, I can tell when he’s about to pull up for a three after dancing with the ball for a bit. It’s how he got forced into those turnovers, especially the one in game one where he was about to shoot, and Miami’s defense was already on it, and he double dribbled. He needs to let the game come to him and play off instinct. He needs to be more decisive as well.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I just don’t see it. I’m not saying he isn’t better, but the way these media heads talk, you would think it’s Jayson Tatum the SUPERSTAR and Jaylen Brown is just one of the “others.” Kinda reminds me of how some people will put Andre 3k in their top 5 all time, and Big Boi doesn’t even crack their top 50.

:aicmon:

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town

Y’all funny upping these threads after he had one of the worst games of his life. At the time I made the thread, he was the best player in the conference finals. Also, I never said he was better than Tatum. I asked is Tatum THAT much better to the point where Tatum is a superstar and Brown is an “other.”

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
Y’all funny upping these threads after he had one of the worst games of his life. At the time I made the thread, he was the best player in the conference finals. Also, I never said he was better than Tatum. I asked is Tatum THAT much better to the point where Tatum is a superstar and Brown is an “other.”

Well one is a playmaker that can carry your team and the other isn’t. He was the 4th best player on the Celtics this series. Suspect on defense, Couldn’t handle the ball, hit 3s or free throws, he was being guarded by Gabe Vincent, Kyle Lowry and Duncan Robinson the entire series, the other guy was double teamed/trapped the entire series.

Tatum
White
Smart
Brown

He shot 16% from 3 and had more turnovers (8) in game 7 than 3s made in the series (7). Literally lost them the series.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
He’s had multiple of these “worst games of his life” this postseason. Tatum is a much better player than Brown. It’s not worth a debate at this point. You can’t rely on a guy who has struggle handles and is turnover prone because he isn’t a playmaker.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Well one is a playmaker that can carry your team and the other isn’t. He was the 4th best player on the Celtics this series. Suspect on defense, Couldn’t handle the ball, hit 3s or free throws, he was being guarded by Gabe Vincent, Kyle Lowry and Duncan Robinson the entire series, the other guy was double teamed/trapped the entire series.

Tatum
White
Smart
Brown

He shot 16% from 3 and had more turnovers (8) in game 7 than 3s made in the series (7). Literally lost them the series.

I didn’t know he was that bad :damn:

Boston may be able to con someone this summer in a trade for him.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
He’s had multiple of these “worst games of his life” this postseason. Tatum is a much better player than Brown. It’s not worth a debate at this point. You can’t rely on a guy who has struggle handles and is turnover prone because he isn’t a playmaker.
THIS postseason. There have been multiple playoff series where Brown was the best player. Not more than Tatum, but he had a bad series and now he’s a bum all of a sudden.