Is Jayson Tatum really THAT much better than Jaylen Brown?

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Roy’s a level above both of them. If you can’t see that you don’t know as much about basketball as you think.
He's better because he was ranked behind much better players than Tatum and Brown is ranked behind, so I agree. As far as level of play compared to the top of the food chain, Roy was a 23-25 ppg type dude in his prime, Wade Kobe and Bron were all 27-30ppg dudes.

Just as the Lukas, Jokics, Embid's being 29-35ppg type dudes and Brown/Tatum being 25-28ppg type dudes.

Joe_tu-pac

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's better because he was ranked behind much better players than Tatum and Brown is ranked behind, so I agree. As far as level of play compared to the top of the food chain, Roy was a 23-25 ppg type dude in his prime, Wade Kobe and Bron were all 27-30ppg dudes.

Just as the Lukas, Jokics, Embid's being 29-35ppg type dudes and Brown/Tatum being 25-28ppg type dudes.
Roy was an all-time talent at the sg position the ppg numbers don’t show that. It’s unfortunate he got hurt right when he and Andre Miller started figuring how to play together in the second half of 2011 because that was when he started entering into his prime. If he hadn’t got hurt before the playoffs that year I don’t think Dallas gets by the Blazers.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
Roy was an all-time talent at the sg position the ppg numbers don’t show that. It’s unfortunate he got hurt right when he and Andre Miller started figuring how to play together in the second half of 2011 because that was when he started entering into his prime. If he hadn’t got hurt before the playoffs that year I don’t think Dallas gets by the Blazers.
He was flagged coming out of college, he had a very short window and the medical reports showed it. It wasn't like a freak injury.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I'm really happy for Jaylen

He's not a "#2"

I'm happy for both of them

Tatum settles into bad habits with his long 3 pt shots but right now he's playin within himself and not bein an absolute nut like the media wants him to be. He hasn't played well in this series up until last night but he ain't goin 6/35 either

The media wants him to be like Kobe so bad its annoying

Last edited:

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Hope I’m not in this thread, always thought Tatum was the future :skip:

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina

Tatum averaged 30 last year.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tatum averaged 30 last year.
Yea, I forgot. Still more of a 25 type nikka than a 30 type. Especially in this fast ass pace, that evaluation might have to jump to 30ppg dudes vs 35ppg dudes.

Averaging 30ppg and shooting over 50% wasn't a common thing for perimeter players in the 90's and 2000's. It has happened like 10 times in the last 4 years

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Main difference is Tatum is more passive than Brown, especially in crucial moments
Will more than likely settle for some contested, step back bullshyt
I have way more confidence in Brown closing a game

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Main difference is Tatum is more passive than Brown, especially in crucial moments
Will more than likely settle for some contested, step back bullshyt
I have way more confidence in Brown closing a game
Tatum has a good isolation handle, best used to create space for jumpers. Jalen is below average with that.

However, Jalen has a better handle when slashing. Seems like he gets around defenders while moving forward better than Tatum.