Is Jayson Tatum really THAT much better than Jaylen Brown?

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's a 6'10 SF that can score at all 3 levels and defend

Tatum is a better creator, shot blocker, rebounder, scorer...they're equal defenders but Tatum at 6'10 being able to defend 1-5 makes him more valuable

I like Brown but I never see him being a top 5 player like Tatum currently is
Who’s 6’10” :dahell:

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
That's what I mean he's not a physical beast!

The way the media sucks him off is just annoying

He can't just blow past people and attack he's just a jump shooter

Naw he can attack the basket....he gets to the rack alot and his handle is really good especially at his size. But i kind of agree against elite defenses he prob settles a little too much for jumpshots because he cant get to the rim as effectively...

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His problem is he's not that athletic or explosive. You put a strong athlete on him and he's going to have problems. There is a reason why Wiggins routinely has him in custody.

Im glad he never had to go against prime Bron or prime Kawhi because it might have been ugly.

And i think his bag might be slightly overrated. I used to argue that his bag was on par with Booker's....but Book usually does what he wants against GS while Tatum clearly struggles.

That being said he's still a great player....still worked himself into a good game last night....and even with all his struggles he kept working and made big plays...then big shots. That's a sign of greatness.

If he can sharpen up his tool kit...add the mid range...add some post moves GS won't be able to stop him anymore. But his physical gifts aren't enough to overwhelm certain players.
:mjlol: This is such a casual ass take it's ridiculous. He routinely blows by defenders in the half court with his first step. He gets to and finishes at an elite clip at the rim, often through contact. He's had a bunch of his signature games against Bron and Kawhi literally since his rookie year. He had a bad Playoff series against the Warriors with a broken wrist after playing more basketball than anyone in the world in the year leading up to it. JT dropped 44 on Wiggins head when healthy in the regular season, and has had no issue with him at all at any other point in his career.

He has better career numbers against the Warriors than Devin Booker across the board. It's impressive how damn near everything you said is verifiably incorrect. :picard:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Naw he can attack the basket....he gets to the rack alot and his handle is really good especially at his size. But i kind of agree against elite defenses he prob settles a little too much for jumpshots because he cant get to the rim as effectively...
He can but its not natural you can tell its not his thing

GOAT

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He can but its not natural you can tell its not his thing
:mjlol: You can't "tell" anything. Because you very clearly don't watch. Saying JT doesn't blow by defenders and get to the basket is like saying Allen Iverson can't handle the ball. It's literally so off base it's hilarious

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
:mjlol: You can't "tell" anything. Because you very clearly don't watch. Saying JT doesn't blow by defenders and get to the basket is like saying Allen Iverson can't handle the ball. It's literally so off base it's hilarious
I ain't readin none a your posts with that Avi you got

All you're doin is probably swingin pom poms :scust:

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: This is such a casual ass take it's ridiculous. He routinely blows by defenders in the half court with his first step. He gets to and finishes at an elite clip at the rim, often through contact. He's had a bunch of his signature games against Bron and Kawhi literally since his rookie year. He had a bad Playoff series against the Warriors with a broken wrist after playing more basketball than anyone in the world in the year leading up to it. JT dropped 44 on Wiggins head when healthy in the regular season, and has had no issue with him at all at any other point in his career.

He has better career numbers against the Warriors than Devin Booker across the board. It's impressive how damn near everything you said is verifiably incorrect. :picard:

1 - I said Prime Bron and Kawhi. He never played against those guys in their primes

2 - He clearly has issues with rangy and athletic defenders.....nothing wrong with that he's like a 7/10 athlete. Or do you disagree?

3 - Wiggins used to be a listless and checked out player....you can't compare him to the Wiggins he saw in the finals. And even if he had a broken wrist....he literally could not get past Wiggins at any point...couldn't create separation from him at all. And you saw the same thing last night....as soon as he had Wiggins on him he was trying to get a switch and if not he wasn't even looking at the basket

4 - I don't think Booker is a better player but Booker has no matchup issues against GS. I was referring strictly to his skillset.

GOAT

Daps
Reppin
NULL
1 - I said Prime Bron and Kawhi. He never played against those guys in their primes

2 - He clearly has issues with rangy and athletic defenders.....nothing wrong with that he's like a 7/10 athlete. Or do you disagree?

3 - Wiggins used to be a listless and checked out player....you can't compare him to the Wiggins he saw in the finals. And even if he had a broken wrist....he literally could not get past Wiggins at any point...couldn't create separation from him at all. And you saw the same thing last night....as soon as he had Wiggins on him he was trying to get a switch and if not he wasn't even looking at the basket

4 - I don't think Booker is a better player but Booker has no matchup issues against GS. I was referring strictly to his skillset.
1. Was Bron not in his prime in 2018? Where a rookie JT had a break out Game 7 performance against him (including putting him on a poster). He must've been washed by early 2020 then, huh? When JT gave him 40 in LA with his second option at the time (Kemba) out with an injury. Hell, the last time JT scored less than 25 points and shot less than 50% against Lebron was in early 2019. Bron been washed for half a decade then I guess. :mjlol:

Also outplayed Kawhi in both meetings in the 2019-20 season. Arguably his best statistical season.

2. He clearly does not. At all :mjlol: His numbers suggest otherwise, you're just making shyt up. He's a plus NBA athlete and that is not even debatable. He routinely blows by wings in the half court and finishes over the top of big men. His athleticism has never been an issue atany point in his career/

3. Okay, so nothing matters except the 6 game stretch in the NBA Finals (probably because that's all you watched), got it. Then just say that instead of lying and saying he has issues with a player he very clearly does not.

4. Then why don't the numbers reflect that? It's easy to say shyt with nothing to back it up. If Book's "skillset" is better against the Warriors, why does he put up worse numbers across the board?

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
1. Was Bron not in his prime in 2018? Where a rookie JT had a break out Game 7 performance against him (including putting him on a poster). He must've been washed by early 2020 then, huh? When JT gave him 40 in LA with his second option at the time (Kemba) out with an injury. Hell, the last time JT scored less than 25 points and shot less than 50% against Lebron was in early 2019. Bron been washed for half a decade then I guess. :mjlol:

Also outplayed Kawhi in both meetings in the 2019-20 season. Arguably his best statistical season.

2. He clearly does not. At all :mjlol: His numbers suggest otherwise, you're just making shyt up. He's a plus NBA athlete and that is not even debatable. He routinely blows by wings in the half court and finishes over the top of big men. His athleticism has never been an issue atany point in his career/

3. Okay, so nothing matters except the 6 game stretch in the NBA Finals (probably because that's all you watched), got it. Then just say that instead of lying and saying he has issues with a player he very clearly does not.

4. Then why don't the numbers reflect that? It's easy to say shyt with nothing to back it up. If Book's "skillset" is better against the Warriors, why does he put up worse numbers across the board?
God you're in here typing novels about Tatum with him and Brown in your avi

You probably have their pictures plastered all over your room on some Right On! Teen Beat shyt too

:childplease:

GOAT

Daps
Reppin
NULL
God you're in here typing novels about Tatum with him and Brown in your avi

You probably have their pictures plastered all over your room on some Right On! Teen Beat shyt too

:childplease:
:mjlol: You must have taken the short bus to school if you think a few sentences is a "novel". Yikes