Is Jay Gay?

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Homosexuals should not have to hide who they are and spend their lives living in fear. Hiding who they are, suppressing their innermost desires and selves, SHOULD NOT be an option. That's the whole point. Let them be open about it. It doesn't effect me or you in any adverse way.

Obviously, Jay's comparison has both merits and flaws.

No one is saying they should. But they have the OPTION of coming out to the world. If they wanted to they could fukk all the men they wanted without having to give the " guys i have to something you need to know" speech to whoever. Again your guys are losing the context of what i am saying. I CANNOT choose to oneday reveal my skin color to the world but i can choose to reveal one of my sexual preferences which is "pissing on women" to the world and let them either accept that or not.

~Styles~

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ummmmm the video in the first page of the thread is the reference for that point. Thats why it has been mentioned.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Notice how i am saying give them these rights immediately. If you want to compare the civil rights issues lets remember that lives were lost MLK, Malcolm X etc, maad blood was shed and it did not happen overnight. Rallies and revolts were staged just so a black person can get a fraction of what is deserved to them as human beings.

I am being far more understanding with the homosexual plight than anyone else was during the civil rights era were with blacks. But please for the sake of everyone stop comparing the two events. It is not fair to those who died and those who fought for rights/opportunites that kids like me have.

I did notice how you said give them rights, thats what my last post was intended for how thats all I was saying give them equal rights but you cant not demand to respect them. I am in agreement with you on that issue. As far as comparing the two I am only comparing them in the sense of whether interracial marriage should be legal, which was part of a civil rights issue, and in the sense that if you beat someone based on their sexuality it should be automatically a hate crime. Those are the two comparisons I was making, which that was how I interpreted Jay-z to mean, that is all.

I do appreciate the intelligent conversation we have been able to have without attacking each others character (no sarcasm) I think it is always good to discuss things in that way it helps see the other persons view better even if you will never agree with it necessarily.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
I did notice how you said give them rights, thats what my last post was intended for how thats all I was saying give them equal rights but you cant not demand to respect them. I am in agreement with you on that issue. As far as comparing the two I am only comparing them in the sense of whether interracial marriage should be legal, which was part of a civil rights issue, and in the sense that if you beat someone based on their sexuality it should be automatically a hate crime. Those are the two comparisons I was making, which that was how I interpreted Jay-z to mean, that is all.

I do appreciate the intelligent conversation we have been able to have without attacking each others character (no sarcasm) I think it is always good to discuss things in that way it helps see the other persons view better even if you will never agree with it necessarily.

Fair enough Cakes. Its unfortunate that in today's society having an honest opinion/differing view can be misconstrued with homophobia or hate. I just want to reach a place where i can talk to racists and homosexuals have an open discussion on their thought processes and beliefs so we can truly get to the heart of each issue and build from there.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i don't really care for their rights to marry or not cause for some time i've thought that marriage laws are pretty weird themselves for anyone (gay, straight, etc). so i don't really care that much what happens.

playing devil's advocate: if the argument is that gays should be able to marry because it doesn't change anything in your life and they should have freedom. what's the argument against polygamy or incest? and if it's about the danger of having kids in an incestual couple, then what if they are both sterile? why doesn't the president or Jay-Z stand up for the rights of siblings who want to get married or have relationships??????

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
i remember an old XXL interview with Fat Joe when the "who's the gay rapper" firestorm first started brewing (you might remember this from Luke's Peep Show LOL) and he outed Jay-Z in print saying "you never see him with girls", "he's always talking about female shyt, like 'korean nails for your hands'" and basically came out and said that it was jay-z. i would be more inclined to believe that jay-z is bisexual and fukking beyonce and a bunch of dudes.

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
This is interesting.

It seems that Jay has taken hip hop and advanced it with the views of oppression by America at the moment while the black church has chosen to stick to its fundamental views.

This is a clear line of separation now in the black community.

For better or worse, Jay is the voice of hip-hop and Gen-X, Millennial Blacks.
The Black Church is predominantly the voice of the Baby Boomer, WWII generation.

One is more liberal. One is more conservative.
The black family has clearly been more conservative in the past but with the rise of the internet and the breakdown of the nuclear family, the stronghold that the church has may have been lost in the mix.

All I know is that Jay through Obama the Oop on this.

old soul

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, this will be irrelevant to the black church, since they believe that he's illuminati anyways.

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
Don't get it confused and feel that I am taking away from the blacks struggled, when I say we shouldn't ignore the gays struggle. I would never try to do that.

This is all you,jay z and anyone else who keeps that lie going is doing.No way at all you can compare the 2.I ain't mad at you gay people.You want to marry go ahead.You want to adopt go ahead.Whatever you guys want I support.Just stop comparing the two.

KTD2

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being anti gay as an entertainer = flushing money down the toilet. It's not a good look.