Is Jay Gay?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just because he thinks it's not that serious if gays wants to get married doesn't make him gay. I think homo shyt is disgusting. But, I'm not going to stop them if they want to marry.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Oh yea I guess we can ignore all of the gays who get beat and killed because of their sexual preference. There are plenty of interracial couples so stop the shyt. I'm not saying that there aren't social issues with race, but you can't say the other people don't have it bad, and that it isn't an issue and expect the other problems to be solved. It's all based in hatred, and that is where the problem lies.

So you rather we legislate emotions and feelings? Forcing someone to like someone is pretty much tantamount to having them be hated. That is why there cannot be an open dialogue about race and homosexuality because soon as someone states how they truly feel they are classified as racist and/or homophobic. I advocate speaking your mind , long as you are not injuring/hurting gay people etc.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
But i CANNOT withhold my being black from society, i CANNOT pick an opportune time to divulge this information to the world. What your are trying for is a society that not only ACCEPTS what you are but LIKES you for what you are. Its not going to be both and that is where i argue with gay people.

Please sleep and do anything you want with whoever, but why are you forcing me to like you/respect you because you want to sleep with a guy. That does not impress or bother me that is their preference. What if i had a sexual preference to having women piss on me? Should i then force you to like me because of this?

Gay people need to come out and say exactly what they are looking for. If its the same rights as straight couples please, give it to them. But if its to be loved and liked by everyone in the world because they are gay then fukk that!!! i do not want anyone telling how to feel or act and then calling me homophobic or chastizing me for not following suit.

They are coming out and saying what they want. They want to be recognized by the states when it comes to their partnership. If you are a gay couple and your longtime partner is sick, they can stop you from being in the hospital because you aren't family. If you die with no will, there is nothing recognizing you are the partner. Meaning they are shyt out of luck. That is the things they want, they aren't fighting to be liked, they are fighting to be treated like human beings. They are also fighting for situations where gays get beat up on because of their sexual preference it is automatically a sex crime, that is the type of things our President is speaking for.

As far as your last sentence, I don't know how you act but if you give gays a hard time and don't want to be called a homophobe or chastised for it, then you are being a hypocrite if someone gave you a hard time based on your skin color and you called them out. Because, that is their right according to your stance. The hiding stance really is a weak point by the way, there are plenty of gays who are feminine or masculine (depending on sex) and they are treated poorly based on those natural traits they have.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you rather we legislate emotions and feelings? Forcing someone to like someone is pretty much tantamount to having them be hated. That is why there cannot be an open dialogue about race and homosexuality because soon as someone states how they truly feel they are classified as racist and/or homophobic. I advocate speaking your mind , long as you are not injuring/hurting gay people etc.

It's not about liking them, the issue is what rights they have. Its not about legislating emotion and feelings, its recognizing that as a couple they deserve to have the same rights as any other couple. Jay for example was comparing it to the 70's where interracial couples were unable to be married. That is why it is comparable. You can never force someone to like you or respect you, but you can fight for equal rights.

Rebel Soldier

He’s good
Daps
Reppin
Georgia
He can't be anti-gay in the entertainment industry.
It's that simple really.

Comparing gay rights to civil rights..:upsetfavre:
This

There is nothing more infuriating than seeing somebody trying to compare the two. Being able to get married is nothing compared to what black were unable to attain without the civil rights movement. Absolutely nothing. How can someone black even say that knowing all the shyt we as a people had to put up with? :smh: at anybody trying to correlate the two.

fukk Jay Z

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
They are coming out and saying what they want. They want to be recognized by the states when it comes to their partnership. If you are a gay couple and your longtime partner is sick, they can stop you from being in the hospital because you aren't family. If you die with no will, there is nothing recognizing you are the partner. Meaning they are shyt out of luck. That is the things they want, they aren't fighting to be liked, they are fighting to be treated like human beings. They are also fighting for situations where gays get beat up on because of their sexual preference it is automatically a sex crime, that is the type of things our President is speaking for.

As far as your last sentence, 1)I don't know how you act but if you give gays a hard time and don't want to be called a homophobe or chastised for it, then you are being a hypocrite if someone gave you a hard time based on your skin color and you called them out. Because, that is their right according to your stance. The hiding stance really is a weak point by the way, 2)there are plenty of gays who are feminine or masculine (depending on sex) and they are treated poorly based on those natural traits they have.

1) Having an opinion that goes against or is not in full line the gay code is considered homophobic in America. Tell me why i cannot say "thats gay" if one of my homies does some goofy thing , why is that considered insensitive. First off the word gay means happy, but somehow homosexuals have cornered the market on using that word and given it a higher meaning.

2) Yes but why are you comparing race and sex? why is your preference to sleep with men the same as my struggle as a black man in a country that historically has not and will not accept me for my skin color. Blacks wanted the right to vote and use water fountains , eat at restaurants , have a decent way off life and get good schools. . Gays want the right to get married and have the benefits of straight couples. I've never seen a gay only water fountain or gay only school. So again why are you comparing the two?

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
It's not about liking them, the issue is what rights they have. Its not about legislating emotion and feelings, its recognizing that as a couple they deserve to have the same rights as any other couple. Jay for example was comparing it to the 70's where interracial couples were unable to be married. That is why it is comparable. You can never force someone to like you or respect you, but you can fight for equal rights.

Cool. I am all for that. Please give them equal rights. But unless your a gay male/female you are not speaking for the gay majority who for some reason not only want these rights but want to immune from criticism/jokes/ and liked/respected for their choice to sleep with men.

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
Oh yea I guess we can ignore all of the gays who get beat and killed because of their sexual preference. There are plenty of interracial couples so stop the shyt. I'm not saying that there aren't social issues with race, but you can't say the other people don't have it bad, and that it isn't an issue and expect the other problems to be solved. It's all based in hatred, and that is where the problem lies.

Gays don't experience 7 percent of what the blacks experienced in during civil rights.Your either white or gay.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cool. I am all for that. Please give them equal rights. But unless your a gay male/female you are not speaking for the gay majority who for some reason not only want these rights but want to immune from criticism/jokes/ and liked/respected for their choice to sleep with men.

No the gays are fighting for that, there are plenty of gay people who do want to be liked and respected, that is an entirely different issue. That is the issue that our President and Jay are speaking up for. It's good not to confuse the two, that is my point. I'm not saying you have to like homosexual and honestly I hate any kind of political correctness where someone is put under fire because they don't like a certain group. For instance if an artist speaks out against something you have strong feelings for, it is your right to not support the artist any more. But you shouldn't rally against them and try to get others to boycott and destroy them. I'm not for that shyt. For example Lupe said our country along with our President are terrorist. That shyt isn't cool for me, I don't support his music or listen but I don't make a huge deal out of it( not like I could I have no power or pull) I just don't support. That is my point when the President Obama and Jay spoke up for gay rights they were talking them being able to be married, and that is why it was being compared to civil right issues, where in the 70's interracial couples were unable to marry. That is where the issue lies, and the issue they are speaking on.

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But i CANNOT withhold my being black from society

Homosexuals should not have to hide who they are and spend their lives living in fear. Hiding who they are, suppressing their innermost desires and selves, SHOULD NOT be an option. That's the whole point. Let them be open about it. It doesn't effect me or you in any adverse way.

Obviously, Jay's comparison has both merits and flaws.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gays don't experience 7 percent of what the blacks experienced in during civil rights.Your either white or gay.

I would love to see your statistics behind this, it would make a great read and could really help continue this intelligent conversation which is all I am trying to have. Don't get it confused and feel that I am taking away from the blacks struggled, when I say we shouldn't ignore the gays struggle. I would never try to do that, all I am trying to do is say lets not pretend the shyt can't be compared, its not about who has it worse. For instance one could argue how bad the Indians had it, when they were already in the Americas and all they got was disease killed, and raped with everything uprooted and took away from them. Now that wouldn't take away from the struggles of other groups, now would it? I'm simply stating we shouldn't allow any type of unequally to be stood for, and instead of trying to compare who had it the worst we should fight for equality.

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
What do you want him to say? 'fukk them digusting fakkits :scusthov:' :russ: Dude isn't trying to get picketed and get a whole bunch of negative press/sales for something that he 99% thinks the opposite of in private. Dude is just a cornball and plays himself and who he really is for the bigger picture.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
No the gays are fighting for that, there are plenty of gay people who do want to be liked and respected, that is an entirely different issue. That is the issue that our President and Jay are speaking up for. It's good not to confuse the two, that is my point. I'm not saying you have to like homosexual and honestly I hate any kind of political correctness where someone is put under fire because they don't like a certain group. For instance if an artist speaks out against something you have strong feelings for, it is your right to not support the artist any more. But you shouldn't rally against them and try to get others to boycott and destroy them. I'm not for that shyt. For example Lupe said our country along with our President are terrorist. That shyt isn't cool for me, I don't support his music or listen but I don't make a huge deal out of it( not like I could I have no power or pull) I just don't support. That is my point when the President Obama and Jay spoke up for gay rights they were talking them being able to be married, and that is why it was being compared to civil right issues, where in the 70's interracial couples were unable to marry. That is where the issue lies, and the issue they are speaking on.

Notice how i am saying give them these rights immediately. If you want to compare the civil rights issues lets remember that lives were lost MLK, Malcolm X etc, maad blood was shed and it did not happen overnight. Rallies and revolts were staged just so a black person can get a fraction of what is deserved to them as human beings.

I am being far more understanding with the homosexual plight than anyone else was during the civil rights era were with blacks. But please for the sake of everyone stop comparing the two events. It is not fair to those who died and those who fought for rights/opportunites that kids like me have.