Is it true BMWs are unreliable?

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
Yo, so I got a huge promotion at work (basically tripled my income) and this fall when I’m back from vacation I’m going to get a new whip since I can afford something nicer now. :blessed:

Originally I was going to get a Camaro or a Mustang, but I wasn’t really feeling them like that when I saw them and test drove them in person.

I went ahead and test drove a Z4 and a 230i and I’m feeling them both but I’m a little hesitant because I’ve heard that BMW and German cars in general aren’t very reliable.

I already drive a Kia and I’m going to keep it for my day to day use (work, groceries, going to the gym, etc.)

I’d only use my BMW for weekend outings with my girl, the brehs, etc.

Affording the upkeep won’t be an issue either.

But at the same time I’ve heard some serious horror stories and I just wanted to get some firsthand feedback from brehs who own or have owned BMWs.

:salute: in advance

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Yo, so I got a huge promotion at work (basically tripled my income) and this fall when I’m back from vacation I’m going to get a new whip since I can afford something nicer now. :blessed:

Originally I was going to get a Camaro or a Mustang, but I wasn’t really feeling them like that when I saw them and test drove them in person.

I went ahead and test drove a Z4 and a 230i and I’m feeling them both but I’m a little hesitant because I’ve heard that BMW and German cars in general aren’t very reliable.

I already drive a Kia and I’m going to keep it for my day to day use (work, groceries, going to the gym, etc.)

I’d only use my BMW for weekend outings with my girl, the brehs, etc.

Affording the upkeep won’t be an issue either.

But at the same time I’ve heard some serious horror stories and I just wanted to get some firsthand feedback from brehs who own or have owned BMWs.

:salute: in advance
i got one. Its been the beat car ive had so far. However i bought it at 8K CPO.

do you have the income to maintain it if you’re gonna keep It long?

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
i got one. Its been the beat car ive had so far. However i bought it at 8K CPO.

do you have the income to maintain it if you’re gonna keep It long?
What model, if you don’t mind me asking?

I think have the income to maintain it.

I make about $130,000 annually and my current expenses don’t even add up to more than about $40,000 a year.

So I doubt maintaining it will be an issue.

I’ve just heard horror stories like new BMW owners having issues within a week of owning their car. :why:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
What model, if you don’t mind me asking?

I think have the income to maintain it.

I make about $130,000 annually and my current expenses don’t even add up to more than about $40,000 a year.

So I doubt maintaining it will be an issue.

I’ve just heard horror stories like new BMW owners having issues within a week of owning their car. :why:
M340

people be buying used cars with owners who didnt take good care of their car and be shocked they got lemons…

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
They're very nice when they're newer. The ride is smooth and quiet, and it picks up speed with ease. They also hold value decently. But when those repairs start, they don't stop. And they are very expensive each time. I had a 5 series and would never get another one.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
They're very nice when they're newer. The ride is smooth and quiet, and it picks up speed with ease. They also hold value decently. But when those repairs start, they don't stop. And they are very expensive each time. I had a 5 series and would never get another one.
What year? When did it start to give you problems?

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you buying a BMW newer than 2018 with low miles then you should be good. Get one that has great service history and make sure you follow all the maintenance intervals to a tee. Should be good money with whatever you decide to get.

In terms of German reliability it goes
MB > BMW > Audi
So it really depends on the model you choose. Obviously anything with M on it will probably be more beat on by it’s previous owner and maintaining it won’t be cheap.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I got a used 2013 in 2015. It had about 18k miles. It was good until it was about 6 years old. Then everything started to need repairs and all the repairs were so expensive.

:mjcry:
6 years old. You were tempting fate lmao. How many miles??

although i seen my jewish boss buy a 5 series with 90k miles and sht never gave him any problems. and yea he had money to buy a brand new one(was making 300 per year) but this one with close to 100k. Cheap ass nikka :heh:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
If you buying a BMW newer than 2018 with low miles then you should be good. Get one that has great service history and make sure you follow all the maintenance intervals to a tee. Should be good money with whatever you decide to get.

MB > BMW > Audi
So it really depends on the model you choose. Obviously anything with M on it will probably be more beat on by it’s previous owner and maintaining it won’t be cheap.
Bmw > MB > Audi and how of the 3 mercedes and bmw are more expensive to maintain lmao.

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City

MB > BMW > Audi
I don’t do used cars, for several reasons. Anything I get will be new.

Might even build my own online, if the chip shortage is going to come to a stop soon.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t do used cars, for several reasons. Anything I get will be new.

Might even build my own online, if the chip shortage is going to come to a stop soon.
nikka then why you asking such an obvious question :martin: Of course a new BMW is going to be reliable and if anything comes up you have their warranty. And you said it’ll be a garage queen anyways so you don’t have nothing to fret about.

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
6 years old. You were tempting fate lmao. How many miles??

although i seen my jewish boss buy a 5 series with 90k miles and sht never gave him any problems. and yea he had money to buy a brand new one(was making 300 per year) but this one with close to 100k. Cheap ass nikka :heh:
Once it hit around 100k...

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
nikka then why you asking such an obvious question :martin: Of course a new BMW is going to be reliable and if anything comes up you have their warranty. And you said it’ll be a garage queen anyways so you don’t have nothing to fret about.
Cause like I said in one of the previous posts, I’ve heard some horror stories about owners having to do repairs on new ones they’ve had for like a week.

But if from your experience that ain’t true then you’re right. :yeshrug: