Is it finally time to admit that the switch might be THE GOAT console for exclusive gaming.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
None of these capture the 2d feel that Mario does outside of maybe Rayman. The rest play more like a platforming roguelite. Or better yet mega man style games.
The structure is different, but the actual feeling of the platforming is better in those games imo.
Sunset overdrive was a great 3d platforming game though. As far as 3d platformer go it was definitely one of the few top tier ones.
Agreed

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
My issue was yeah the system itself is dookie, okay fine expected its nintendo. But then the games nikkas was hyping as unmissable were mid asf

botw okay cool w/e.

fire emblem houses - absolutely trash, who asked for that idiotic trash ass school shyt in my srpg :scust: plus some of the worst maps and classes in the series
pokemon - all trash
mario - I'm tired of this nikka switch up your flow your shyts garbage.

it basically turned into a indie/jrpg machine and even then the jrpgs I copped like octopath were mid asf and the only reason I copped was cuz trash ass internet and metacritic gives anything exclusive to nintendo a extra 15 points. I wished I peeped game earlier.

Leave three houses out of this :ufdup:

TNWwJ2.gif

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The structure is different, but the actual feeling of the platforming is better in those games imo.

Agreed
I've always categorized them differently in my head I think. Even though technically they are all platform games. I personally wouldn't call one better than the other because I enjoy both. But Mario platformers specifically are on a pedestal of there own imo.

If someone says they have a game that plays like Mario I'm intrigued because there just aren't many that play like the 2d ones that aren't incredibly bland and lazy and the 3d platformers just can't capture whatever it is that Nintendo has mastered.

Sonic has been trying for decades and it looks like he still might not get it right with his newest game coming out.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I've always categorized them differently in my head I think. Even though technically they are all platform games. I personally wouldn't call one better than the other because I enjoy both. But Mario platformers specifically are on a pedestal of there own imo.

If someone says they have a game that plays like Mario I'm intrigued because there just aren't many that play like the 2d ones that aren't incredibly bland and lazy and the 3d platformers just can't capture whatever it is that Nintendo has mastered.

Sonic has been trying for decades and it looks like he still might not get it right with his newest game coming out.
This is just some Mario stan, nostalgia shyt breh. Nothin really special about the mario games compared to other platformers.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You seem to love insomniac games. I’m not sure why you would pick that one out to not like. :mjpls:

It was THE most insomniac game of insomniac games. The one they chose to make when Sony wasn’t forcing them to make endless sequels.

The one that stunk

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
It’s not even about socially acceptable.

Nintendo literally makes their games for kids, mechanically.

They add challenge through optional challenge yourself type stuff, but the main portion of gameplay is so easy/simple a 5 year old can play, on purpose.

I wouldnt say all, cause you still have exceptions like Fire Emblem and Metroid, and second party shyt like Bayonetta, but the majority of their games are definitely for kids - both mechanically, and story / content wise.

They use a similar strategy Pixar uses where they craft stories that resonate with all ages by centering the plot around key emotions that everyone has experienced regardless of age, culture, or whatever (i.e. abandonment, love, etc). However, fundamentally, Pixar's movies are still kids movies based on the art and who that art is targeting, and how accessible / digestible the story is (lack of sophistication or complexity). This is how Nintendo walks the line between both age demographics.

The main difference here is the consumption. Most grown adults usually only ever watch Pixar movies with their kids. Most people are going to judge a grown man if he goes to the theatre to watch a Pixar movie dolo. Thats how I see grown men without kids buying Nintendo games for themselves.

I dont judge tho cause its usually never that serious, and people like what they like.

Nah you either in the mud or you ain't. And when it comes to people on the outside looking in don't matter if you play Mario or TLOU it's all childish to them.

Telling someone that plays and enjoys Pokemon they living in there childhood when you enjoy COD aka playing toy soldiers is crazy and hypocritical.

You're saying that now, but if you ever had your girl walk in on you playing games, you know you look crazy playing certain games like Pokemon.

No one is going to think TLOU or COD is childish if they seen gameplay lol. And this is why the ESRB exists anyways.

When all those republicacs are blaming violence on video games, they aren't talking about Nintendo games.

I can literally take this comment, sub out Pokemon for every NBA 2K game in the last decade and it would still make sense

And what's your point?

Pokemon fans play Pokemon games because they grew up on Pokemon. Basketball fans play 2K because thats the only Basketball game available for them (no alternatives).

And one of these things is a Japanese cartoon for kids, the other is a popular sport for all ages.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
And what's your point?

Pokemon fans play Pokemon games because they grew up on Pokemon. Basketball fans play 2K because thats the only Basketball game available for them (no alternatives).

And one of these things is a Japanese cartoon for kids, the other is a popular sport for all ages.

lol these are all videogames, you just seem a little too self-conscious about what somebody might see you playing. It will never be that serious for me or anybody I keep around me.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
We don’t fukk with Nintendo games here.:stopitslime:

We play play games with top of the line 2018 graphics, enriching storytelling written by Tumblr bloggers and realistic white LGBTQ heroes while hopping over dying black characters.

And we definitely don’t fukk with the Switch and it’s 720p, 24 fps, shytty battery life, we ride Gabe’s Streamy dikk with its 720p 30 fps and shytty battery life round here.:ufdup:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
lol these are all videogames, you just seem a little too self-conscious about what somebody might see you playing. It will never be that serious for me or anybody I keep around me.

Bro I like Final Fantasy and I'll be the first to admit that's some fakkit weeb shyt lol. I just spent the last few weeks playing Divinity 2 and games don't get more nerdy than that either.

What I'm saying is, the only reason a grown man is into Pokemon today is if they were into that shyt as a kid, because no grown man is going to find it appealing if he was never exposed to it before. This same shyt applies with most major Nintendo titles. All of their games today are sequels or spinoffs to these old games people played as a kid.

I can't remember the last time a Nintendo game generally shocked me like seeing the gameplay to some new AAA shyt being revealed by Sony/MS/whatever.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Played yaself. Lol

Yeah, almost all publishers are supporting the steam deck, even sony. It’s become part of a marketing cycle to be ‘steam deck verified’. It’s not going anywhere

If you’re a nintendo fan should want more competition in the portable space.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I don't know if I would say goat, but it is easily one of the best casual systems of all time due to its hybrid nature. Still I look at it as more of a portable then you can play on the tv. For that reason it isn't competing with Sony and Microsoft.
I bought the last two pokemon games so you can’t even say im hatin just to hate but naw fam, these games just get uglier.

FMm_lw4XoAMqiQu

FMm_lL0WUAY9UCC
The sad part is that these games can look a lot better even on the current Switch. Pokemon fans would be happy if they looked even as good as Xenoblade or BOTW. But it doesn't which is pretty pathetic considering how big pokemon is.

This is more of a GameFreak issue than Nintendo imo since Nintendo doesn't develop the games GF does. GF will just be doing the bare minimum even if it was multiplatform.
Thats true but theres levels to this shyt. Way more socially acceptable to play 2k and Warzone, than Pokemon and Mario, if you're a grown man.
Who tf cares what you play :mjlol:

What you play or watch in your free time is cool if you like it just don't force it down my throat if I don't care about it. The bigger issue with adult gamers is HOW MUCH they play.