Is it finally time to admit that the switch might be THE GOAT console for exclusive gaming.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Lol @ this fake too-cool comment

you do realize you're on a sub-forum dedicated to video games right? we all kids at heart in here

Nothing too cool about what I said.

A large reason why Nintendo games consistently score extremely high is due to nostalgia. Are grown men playing Pokemon because its a cutting edge RPG, or because its more Pokemon?

This is why despite massive critical acclaim, very few of these games seem to resonate with people who never owned a Nintendo platform as a kid.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
When y'all nikkas gonna learn :heh:

All them games with crazy graphics y'all hype up fukk around and sell 150k copies in it's lifetime :scust:

Y'all gon learn to put some respect on Butterfree's name :ufdup:

Its not about hype graphics, its about the general art direction, its just ugly. I’d rather pokemon have stayed 2d pixel based if this is what it was gonna end up looking like. Pixelated blurry muddy mess.

Xenoblade 3 is right there.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I gotta agree. And this is coming from someone who bought it for 150 with games and I hacked it.

I got botw, astral chain, Mario kart for free.

Them shyts do not hold my attention.

Zelda was cool but just not mind blowing. Tho I did like the highly interactive environment.

Haven’t bothered touching it (the switch) in over a year.

In the end, I just missed the production values of AAA Xbox/PlayStation games. Switch games feel kiddy/cheap in comparison.
Yup.

I really enjoyed Mario odyssey and Bowsers Fury.

BOTW was good but overrated imo

Smash bros and Mario kart are good for party games.

Kirby was meh.

Pokémon good for nostalgia reasons but they could/should be doing so much more with that game

Other than that I have not touched damn thing. I wanna play Bayonetta but playing switch is such a dusty experience right now i don’t even want to do it :smh:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Its not about hype graphics, its about the general art direction, its just ugly. I’d rather pokemon have stayed 2d pixel based if this is what it was gonna end up looking like. Pixelated blurry muddy mess.

Xenoblade 3 is right there.
Xenoblade 3 can't do shyt with my Dynamax'd Zacian :mjpls:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
No. That shyt is trash.

Has about 4 games worth playing all time, and the hardware itself is the Woat console from a quality/value standpoint.

Y’all just overrate every game that comes out for this piece of shyt cause it ain’t got nothing else going for it.

fukk nintendo :pacspit:

basically. I rarely feel cheated on tech. switch seemed like they robbed me lol. my phone probably more powerful than that piece of shyt.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I play a good bit of 2d platformers, and none have that polish or crisp of Mario games.
Stop it. They actually fukked up the physics of the newer NSMB games. shyts feel sluggish and on ice :scust:

Ori
Rayman
Super meat boy
Katana Zero
The messenger, just to name a few are all more polished/crisp
Either they try to be too fast paced, difficult or just feel like a phone game.
Doesn’t seem like an apt comparison but Sunset Overdrive is the best 3D platformer since mario galaxy :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
basically. I rarely feel cheated on tech. switch seemed like they robbed me lol. my phone probably more powerful than that piece of shyt.
I hate it breh.

Anytime i’m playing anything on switch all i can think of is how much better the game would be if it was not on switch :smh:

Gone through multiple sets of joycons and 2 docks and it’s not even like i be putting in a bunch of hours playing this shyt.

Bought mario party to play with my kids and got home just to find out you can’t play that shyt without them fukked up ass joycons.

That was the last straw. It’s been fukk Nintendo ever since :birdman:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stop it. They actually fukked up the physics of the newer NSMB games. shyts feel sluggish and on ice :scust:

Ori
Rayman
Super meat boy
Katana Zero
The messenger, just to name a few are all more polished/crisp

Doesn’t seem like an apt comparison but Sunset Overdrive is the best 3D platformer since mario galaxy :manny:
None of these capture the 2d feel that Mario does outside of maybe Rayman. The rest play more like a platforming roguelite. Or better yet mega man style games.

Sunset overdrive was a great 3d platforming game though. As far as 3d platformer go it was definitely one of the few top tier ones.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Thats true but theres levels to this shyt. Way more socially acceptable to play 2k and Warzone, than Pokemon and Mario, if you're a grown man.
It’s not even about socially acceptable.

Nintendo literally makes their games for kids, mechanically.

They add challenge through optional challenge yourself type stuff, but the main portion of gameplay is so easy/simple a 5 year old can play, on purpose.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I hate it breh.

Anytime i’m playing anything on switch all i can think of is how much better the game would be if it was not on switch :smh:

Gone through multiple sets of joycons and 2 docks and it’s not even like i be putting in a bunch of hours playing this shyt.

Bought mario party to play with my kids and got home just to find out you can’t play that shyt without them fukked up ass joycons.

That was the last straw. It’s been fukk Nintendo ever since :birdman:

My issue was yeah the system itself is dookie, okay fine expected its nintendo. But then the games nikkas was hyping as unmissable were mid asf

botw okay cool w/e.

fire emblem houses - absolutely trash, who asked for that idiotic trash ass school shyt in my srpg :scust: plus some of the worst maps and classes in the series
pokemon - all trash
mario - I'm tired of this nikka switch up your flow your shyts garbage.

it basically turned into a indie/jrpg machine and even then the jrpgs I copped like octopath were mid asf and the only reason I copped was cuz trash ass internet and metacritic gives anything exclusive to nintendo a extra 15 points. I wished I peeped game earlier.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Nothing too cool about what I said.

A large reason why Nintendo games consistently score extremely high is due to nostalgia. Are grown men playing Pokemon because its a cutting edge RPG, or because its more Pokemon?

I can literally take this comment, sub out Pokemon for every NBA 2K game in the last decade and it would still make sense

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thats true but theres levels to this shyt. Way more socially acceptable to play 2k and Warzone, than Pokemon and Mario, if you're a grown man.
Nah you either in the mud or you ain't. And when it comes to people on the outside looking in don't matter if you play Mario or TLOU it's all childish to them.

Telling someone that plays and enjoys Pokemon they living in there childhood when you enjoy COD aka playing toy soldiers is crazy and hypocritical.