is it fair to say PC's will hold back next-gen consoles?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:skip: PC is barely catered to as is in mainstream breh
You right

all these filled arena/stadium filled tournaments for $20 million cash winners

all these big sponsorships worth millions like Gillette, Doritos, G-Fuel

Are not catered to appealing to the masses :troll:

1 DOTA 2 (pc exclusive) has had more prize money in 1 year than all of console tournament prize money in history combined :bryan:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
EVO, consoles biggest tournament, largest cash prize EVER was $100,000 :laff:

Thats a light Tuesday for counter strike :laff:

consoles are marketed for kids

theyre kid toys

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You right

all these filled arena/stadium filled tournaments for $20 million cash winners

all these big sponsorships worth millions like Gillette, Doritos, G-Fuel

Are not catered to appealing to the masses :troll:

1 DOTA 2 (pc exclusive) has had more prize money in 1 year than all of console tournament prize money in history combined :bryan:

DOAT is PC exclusive what else could it be catered to :dwillhuh: I’m on PC, high end at that. That wasn’t a shot. My point was how could it hold back game development for PS5 and XB when it’s rarely given the same attention as those versions in the first place?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Im not saying that PC will not catch up , but at the moment there aint something similar to next-gen SSD I/O in the market. Yall should read this article .
The PS5’s SSD could spell doom for next-gen PC game ports

we don't know much about the new Xbox's SSD, but their whole "no generations" thing means it probably uses a more traditional I/O architecture. plus games are still expected to run on the XB1's HDD (for the first couple years?)

really I think the PS5 will be the outlier, and some multi-plat games won't fully take advantage of it's unique hardware

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
we don't know much about the new Xbox's SSD, but their whole "no generations" thing means it probably uses a more traditional I/O architecture. plus games are still expected to run on the XB1's HDD (for the first couple years?)
No this isn’t true. They have custom I/O stuff that they say makes 100GBs from the ssd “instantly available” to devs.

And Xbox Series X games have to be installed on the SSD. You can store backwards compatible games on an external HDD, but games made for series X have to be on The SSD drive.

really I think the PS5 will be the outlier, and some multi-plat games won't fully take advantage of it's unique hardware
Its “uniqueness” is overblown imo. Devs will pick a happy medium between all platforms as they always do. Maybe some first parties will make a game that take specific advantage of the PS5, but it would be impossible to quantify the benefits unless those games end up on PC.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Epic said the engine and it’s SSD requirements are scaleable with regard to resolution.

On PC they’d just have to make a SSD a requirement for 4K.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
No this isn’t true. They have custom I/O stuff that they say makes 100GBs from the ssd “instantly available” to devs.

And Xbox Series X games have to be installed on the SSD. You can store backwards compatible games on an external HDD, but games made for series X have to be on The SSD drive.

but the games are still expected run on the XB1's HDD, meaning the advantages of the Xbox SeX version have to be scalable. that same scalability can apply to PC ports

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
9hxbls3zmc151.jpg
I'm mad that nobody in my house would understand why I laughed so hard...

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
It’s all scaleable

Xbox one running games at 1080p don’t need a SSD.
I know. it's the OP, and authors of these click-bait articles, that seem to be suggesting PC's are gonna be left behind because some still have a HDD. they even saying SATA SSD's won't be enough

But it also means that PC gamers still sporting hard drives, and also potentially those on SATA-based SSDs, will find they can’t keep up with the new standard in open world gaming brought about by the next-gen consoles.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Come on now fam. Kid's toys?!

you could buy consoles at Toys R Us... if it didn't go out of business

everyone always bringing up "soccer moms" when discussing pricing :sas1:

when you bring up Knack 2, somebody gonna say "but my kids liked it" :sas2: