is it fair to say PC's will hold back next-gen consoles?

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
dog this thread sums up why this forum needs to be condensed or just thrown in the bushes

you just spoke like PC doesnt already have SSD and better processors and twice as good GPUs

this is one of the worst posts I've seen on the internet ... you dont think developers use computers to create games? :russ:you think they are using Playstation and Xbox to create games? These new consoles arent anything above average, if you were building a PC with the specs, people would fukking clown you and tell you to hold off ... if you can drop 400-500 on a rig ... you might as well save up and drop bread on the real shyt

thats why even Ps4 Pro and Xbox one X was hilarious ... all that shyt is mid tier and isnt that big of a step up
its only a step up to people that are living on a leash with shyt ... SSD been out for fukking years ... thats the hilarity of console wars and the "new" shyt ... putting a 8 core processor into shyt could be done with old refurbished parts. At this point they are the average or just collecting dust. It's the norm to have that

grabbing a 8 core rig is the equvalent to buying a chevy cruze or a ford focus ... something reliable to keep you in the race for a long time
alternatively, its like buying a 30 inch tv when you could pay 200$ more and just cop the 65.... these new consoles are like chevy malibus, something with a little more weight to em and features, but otherwise they arent reinventing shyt that hasnt been utilized on PC AND BETTER for years ... instead of fukking around with hardware that already exists they need to do what nintendo does and invent some shyt nobody has seen. Playstation users had the right idea with the screen on the controller and all the other shyt. All you're getting from these new consoles are 4k graphics, stability and the same games. I have 2 SSD's hooked to my Xbox and Playstation and they give you a noticable speed ... but not enough for me to actually give a fukk. If you load in 10 seconds on the new consoles, I wouldnt say paying 500$ is worth 15 seconds of load time skipped.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
PCs will never hold back consoles, but consoles will always be the standard of what gaming is, while PCs incrementally get better.

PCs havent advanced nearly as fast from year to year as they used to, but they will always catch up to and be stronger than consoles in any given generation.

I swear 70% of the internet have no idea what a SSD really is and how it would affect games.
Every single word you typed except your first sentence here is wrong and not reality.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
9hxbls3zmc151.jpg

meme of the year. :pachaha:

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
How can pc hold back consoles when consoles are inherently stagnant? In 2024 consoles will have the same specs they have now meanwhile PCs will have them beat by far. The only thing that’s groundbreaking is the Sony ssd which will be eclipsed well before the end of the ps5 life cycle. CPU/GPU wise PC already better

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Interesting to see if Microsoft Windows and/or motherboard manufacturers change anything to match this. If anything Linux could take advantage of this if some miracle developments happen.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
dog this thread sums up why this forum needs to be condensed or just thrown in the bushes

you just spoke like PC doesnt already have SSD and better processors and twice as good GPUs

this is one of the worst posts I've seen on the internet ... you dont think developers use computers to create games? :russ:you think they are using Playstation and Xbox to create games? These new consoles arent anything above average, if you were building a PC with the specs, people would fukking clown you and tell you to hold off ... if you can drop 400-500 on a rig ... you might as well save up and drop bread on the real shyt

thats why even Ps4 Pro and Xbox one X was hilarious ... all that shyt is mid tier and isnt that big of a step up
its only a step up to people that are living on a leash with shyt ... SSD been out for fukking years ... thats the hilarity of console wars and the "new" shyt ... putting a 8 core processor into shyt could be done with old refurbished parts. At this point they are the average or just collecting dust. It's the norm to have that

grabbing a 8 core rig is the equvalent to buying a chevy cruze or a ford focus ... something reliable to keep you in the race for a long time
alternatively, its like buying a 30 inch tv when you could pay 200$ more and just cop the 65.... these new consoles are like chevy malibus, something with a little more weight to em and features, but otherwise they arent reinventing shyt that hasnt been utilized on PC AND BETTER for years ... instead of fukking around with hardware that already exists they need to do what nintendo does and invent some shyt nobody has seen. Playstation users had the right idea with the screen on the controller and all the other shyt. All you're getting from these new consoles are 4k graphics, stability and the same games. I have 2 SSD's hooked to my Xbox and Playstation and they give you a noticable speed ... but not enough for me to actually give a fukk. If you load in 10 seconds on the new consoles, I wouldnt say paying 500$ is worth 15 seconds of load time skipped.

I aint talking about the SSD's , im talking specificically about the I/O architecture in the PS5 which is not currently in the PC market, even the guy in the video mentions it and im sure he knows more than all of you combined.
A pc's SSD still have all kind of bottlenecks that the PS5 was able to bypass. Like do you think the revolutionary part of the ps5 is the SSD? did you even watch the video? :stopitslime:

And up until now , Consoles have always mandated the baseline when it came to specs . Game developers never had to enforce a SSD requirement due to consoles not having one.
and do you think the majority of PC gamers have an SSD?

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Interesting to see if Microsoft Windows and/or motherboard manufacturers change anything to match this. If anything Linux could take advantage of this if some miracle developments happen.
They would all have to work together to come up with a similar solution . SSD makers , motherboard manufacturers and windows.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Consoles have ALWAYS done something non traditional when it comes to how they use there hardware. There able to do that because it's unified.

PC's cover a vast array of builds, setups and configurations.

I said this from jump, Sony 1st party games will be able to do things that xbox wont and xbox will be able to do things that PS wont. How big of a difference will it all be? No clue, but it's clear that for a change the two main big systems have gone in different direction.

It's silly to think that everyone is going to change up how they make games because sony ps5 has a really cool way of using the SSD.

Either its patented and sony would have to license it out and it would have to become a standard or other companies have to find there own spin on how it works but none of that happens at all unless the PS5 drops some revolutionary stuff on the PS5 that makes the world go "They changed the game"

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Man what, high end pcs already pass next gen consoles in performance
High end pc's but the average pc gamer aint a high end pc player. If that was the case , SSD would be a minumun requirement for pc games ....
but like the top 10 pc games can run on a pc built 10 years ago.