is it fair to say PC's will hold back next-gen consoles?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont know why yall keep mentioning high end pc parts , when the rtx 2070 super which is comparable to what the ps5 has
is only used by like 2% of steam users and thats a high end pc part coming in at more than $400.

Game developers always developed to the baseline , how could they developed a game on PC that has a minumun requirement of an SSD? That would drive away like half the PC market.

The 2070 super isn't high end, its a budget card, console games are ported to PC games, most steam users play shyt like warcraft and them games that don't even require graphics cards
it doesn't mean anything, steam is just an outlet to buy games from one place

Games are never optimized for PC, the consoles have always held them back, look at the Witcher 3 E3 DEMO compared to the retail version of the game, it had to be severely downgraded so they could put on consoles,

Cyberpunk 2077 is the same way, its already a noticeable downgrade and latest footage compared to the first demo which was on a 1080ti and could only do 30fps

If anything this will help the PC versions of the game because they can just be ported over, the PC hardware is strong enough and GPU has enough vram to not need the SSD to help draw assets

the 1080ti has 11gb of ram and never even used 6 of it to run games on max settings

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
The 2070 super isn't high end, its a budget card, console games are ported to PC games, most steam users play shyt like warcraft and them games that don't even require graphics cards
it doesn't mean anything, steam is just an outlet to buy games from one place

Games are never optimized for PC, the consoles have always held them back, look at the Witcher 3 E3 DEMO compared to the retail version of the game, it had to be severely downgraded so they could put on consoles,

Cyberpunk 2077 is the same way, its already a noticeable downgrade and latest footage compared to the first demo which was on a 1080ti and could only do 30fps

If anything this will help the PC versions of the game because they can just be ported over, the PC hardware is strong enough and GPU has enough vram to not need the SSD to help draw assets

the 1080ti has 11gb of ram and never even used 6 of it to run games on max settings
Yeah i meant to say the 2080 super , but that one is also only used by like 0.5% of steam users . Yeah steam is only an outlet but its the biggest one at the moment . Probably has more than 50% of the market to itself.

I also wont deny that consoles have held up PC for the longest, but thats because consoles were always made from pc parts that were already available to the market and were just customized for consoles.So consoles
could never define a baseline that PC's couldnt meet. Gamers have never played games design around SSD ...that alone changes the design of the game.

Let me ask you this , once 3rd parties start making next-gen only games ...dont you think the minimum requirement for those games if they get ported to PC will be an SSD in terms of storage? since thats what both consoles will have?
and so far, the only game i know on PC that requires an SSD is star citizen.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yeah i meant to say the 2080 super , but that one is also only used by like 0.5% of steam users . Yeah steam is only an outlet but its the biggest one at the moment . Probably has more than 50% of the market to itself.

I also wont deny that consoles have held up PC for the longest, but thats because consoles were always made from pc parts that were already available to the market and were just customized for consoles.So consoles
could never define a baseline that PC's couldnt meet. Gamers have never played games design around SSD ...that alone changes the design of the game.

Let me ask you this , once 3rd parties start making next-gen only games ...dont you think the minimum requirement for those games if they get ported to PC will be an SSD in terms of storage? since thats what both consoles will have?
Arma 3 doesn't require an SSD, but it stutters without one. it's a big open world mil-sim, that basically constantly streams the whole map, and doesn't break the map up into 'cells' like most open world games. you can fast travel across the map instantaneously, without any loading screen

it all depends if the game is doing something that really requires an SSD. if it just means longer load times, or less detailed assets, then HDD users can just turn down some settings

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The 2070 super isn't high end, its a budget card
:what: its $530 before tax and only 3% less powerful than a 2080 :what:

mafukkas really just type stupid shyt on here, its really embarrassing.. I feel like every post I have to educate grown men on simple shyt :francis:

most steam users play shyt like warcraft and them games that don't even require graphics cards

Warcraft aint part of Steam :what:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL

mafukkas really just type stupid shyt on here, its really embarrassing.. I feel like every post I have to educate grown men on simple shyt :francis:

the 2070 is 500 dollars man, any price higher than that is because they are sold out right now

just because the 2080 is a rip off doesn't change that fact, they came out with the super series so you can afford high end gaming at a low cost

The 2080 was replaced by the 2080 super you moron, and you can play games at 4k 60, the 2070 super can't, just because you can't afford on't be mad lmao

That extra performance is a difference between running a game at ultra with smooth frame rate and not, that's why it cost more, you can't pass performance by numbers but how the game actually runs in real time dumb ass

and the 2070 is a budget card, is a damn cheaper version of the 1080ti which was 800 when it was released

500 dollar is not a lot for a graphcis card, high end is 900-1200 lmao

Daps
Reppin
NULL

No, somebody said Star Citizen requires an SSD, which is a lie. the game runs like shyt because the developers are shyt at making games and scammed their base

if a big game developers made games for PC first and not consoles, you would see a huge improvement of anything that's out right now, because they would be optimized for PC

The SSD is helping the PS5 because they can use it a way to make it do more work than it would normal be able to do which makes it easier for the developer to program

PC are already overkill of running games, I mean the Tech Demo for the ps5 wasn't even 60 fps, the 3080ti its said to be 40 percent more powerful than the 2080ti, so we're talking 4k resolution at 120 hz coming this year to PC

consoles will never catch it up, unless they make the console cost more

They should just make a 900 dollar console and that would be the end of the PC gaming market

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lie. I play fallen order at 4k 60

It's a linear game without too much on screen at a time, there's games on the 1080ti you can play at 4k 60fps, doesn't make a 4k card, what can't you understand

2070 Super will not be playing new released games this year at 4k 60fps, fallen order is last gen, lets be serious here

the average fps is 44, on epic settings

you're lying, like I said its the same performance on the 1080ti the cards are identical in performance

2070 super is a 3 year old card repackaged its a budget card

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
No, somebody said Star Citizen requires an SSD, which is a lie. the game runs like shyt because the developers are shyt at making games and scammed their base

if a big game developers made games for PC first and not consoles, you would see a huge improvement of anything that's out right now, because they would be optimized for PC

The SSD is helping the PS5 because they can use it a way to make it do more work than it would normal be able to do which makes it easier for the developer to program

PC are already overkill of running games, I mean the Tech Demo for the ps5 wasn't even 60 fps, the 3080ti its said to be 40 percent more powerful than the 2080ti, so we're talking 4k resolution at 120 hz coming this year to PC

consoles will never catch it up, unless they make the console cost more

They should just make a 900 dollar console and that would be the end of the PC gaming market

There are PC exclusives games and they are nothing out of this world , except for higher resolution/frameRate.
Up until now , game developers always had to make games around HDD's. I imagine once next-gen really kicks off ..
SSD will be required to play PC games moving forward. SSD will have the biggest impact in gaming for next-gen consoles.

Check out this video , on how the developers had to fight the PS4's HDD to make spiderman possible.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are PC exclusives games and they are nothing out of this world , except for higher resolution/frameRate.
Up until now , game developers always had to make games around HDD's. I imagine once next-gen really kicks off ..
SSD will be required to play PC games moving forward. SSD will have the biggest impact in gaming for next-gen consoles.

Check out this video , on how the developers had to fight the PS4's HDD to make spiderman possible.

PC only games don't have the budget consoles games have that's why which is why I said if big developers were in the PC market solo cards 5 year ago would already been running better looking games than we have now

the SSD has very little to performance of a game, I don't know why you can't understand this, the way it works on a console is more than it simply having an SSD, and its used to work around limitations

the PC doesn't have any such limitations for those techniques to even be used lmao

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
PC only games don't have the budget consoles games have that's why which is why I said if big developers were in the PC market solo cards 5 year ago would already been running better looking games than we have now

the SSD has very little to performance of a game, I don't know why you can't understand this, the way it works on a console is more than it simply having an SSD, and its used to work around limitations

the PC doesn't have any such limitations for those techniques to even be used lmao
Are you saying pc's ssd doesnt have bottlenecks? and SSD have little performance on a game because games have never been design around them.
When you switch from an HDD to an SSD , all you see on a game is 4-5 seconds of faster loading. Thats about it. Why? because games are designed around Hdd's.
Anyways, if there were big developers on PC ....they still wouldnt target high end users and alienate like 80% of the pc market.
Not everybody has pc that cost more than 1k.

I swear than in 2-3 years , SSD's will be require for games on PC.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

only warcrafts outside the Blizz client is 1&2 on GOG. I aint even quote dude on the 2070 super shyt, he got the hottest of takes:deadrose: