is it fair to say PC's will hold back next-gen consoles?

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never once these next gen consoles drop the next round of CPU’s and gpus that are mid tier and high end will make those consoles obsolete in terms of power. If anything consoles will hold back PCs because developers never build to maximize the pc power.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
This is the video that was referenced that Linus referred to in his clip. The dude speaking is a game developer and he basically translates Cerny's reveal into easy-to-understand language from someone who develops games for a living.

TL;DW:
The PS5 is powerful as shyt and does custom things so that the console it is more efficient than other options. Developers can completely trash a lot of the 'tricks' that they had to utilize before to ensure that everything loaded correctly which results in more freedom to be creative.

As a result of the custom configurations, you cannot have a one-to-one comparison based on the spec sheet which is hard to understand when comparing it to a PC, which is why Linus ended up eating his own words in the video above.

I loled when he asked what the hell's gonna happen to all the tips during the loading screens. :mjlol:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
As a dude that has never even played a PS4 game, I don't think any of you watched the video in the first post lol.

It shows one of the most knowledgeable PC YouTubers publicly apologizing for misunderstanding the infrastructure of the PS5 and making the same arguments yall are making.
:mjlol:

I love how a Fast SSD has everyone confused.

Amazing, sony stans are truly amazing.
:francis:
Timestamped:

Consoles have ALWAYS done something non traditional when it comes to how they use there hardware. There able to do that because it's unified.

PC's cover a vast array of builds, setups and configurations.

I said this from jump, Sony 1st party games will be able to do things that xbox wont and xbox will be able to do things that PS wont. How big of a difference will it all be? No clue, but it's clear that for a change the two main big systems have gone in different direction.

It's silly to think that everyone is going to change up how they make games because sony ps5 has a really cool way of using the SSD.

Either its patented and sony would have to license it out and it would have to become a standard or other companies have to find there own spin on how it works but none of that happens at all unless the PS5 drops some revolutionary stuff on the PS5 that makes the world go "They changed the game"
Sony + AMD are partnering for the PS5 and will transfer any applicable benefits to PC

Timestamped:

How can pc hold back consoles when consoles are inherently stagnant? In 2024 consoles will have the same specs they have now meanwhile PCs will have them beat by far. The only thing that’s groundbreaking is the Sony ssd which will be eclipsed well before the end of the ps5 life cycle. CPU/GPU wise PC already better

:gucci:
It isn't just the SSD. You can replace the SSD and get the same results:
Timestamped:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I dont know why yall keep mentioning high end pc parts , when the rtx 2070 super which is comparable to what the ps5 has
is only used by like 2% of steam users and thats a high end pc part coming in at more than $400.

Game developers always developed to the baseline , how could they developed a game on PC that has a minumun requirement of an SSD? That would drive away like half the PC market.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
As a dude that has never even played a PS4 game, I don't think any of you watched the video in the first post lol.

It shows one of the most knowledgeable PC YouTubers publicly apologizing for misunderstanding the infrastructure of the PS5 and making the same arguments yall are making.

Timestamped:

Sony + AMD are partnering for the PS5 and will transfer any applicable benefits to PC

Timestamped:

Timestamped:

Like that linus guy make his living by talking about PC Parts , and even he said to PC elitists not to be suprised if PC becomes the Common Denominator. I aint saying that it will remain that way for the
whole generation , but until the PC market massively adopts similar I/O solution ...this will be the case.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
High end pc's but the average pc gamer aint a high end pc player. If that was the case , SSD would be a minumun requirement for pc games ....
but like the top 10 pc games can run on a pc built 10 years ago.
you're stuck on this SSD shyt.. it dont move the needle much on PC man, its like the 6th thing a PC gamer would even think of when making a PC. Your processor, 3700x equivalent will be outdated even for average consumers just by the summer of this year(new intel and AMD processors coming). Your GPU, 2070 RTX super equivalent, will be outdated for average consumers by December. nVidia is releasing the 3000 versions, where a 3060 ($250 card) will probably compete with the the card in the PS5. While the 3070 and 3080 will be 20+% more powerful :umad: your new techonology is releasing at the same time as the people who made their hardware parts are dropping new versions of the shyt theyre putting in consoles. You gotta love it :laff: but some how PC's going to hold consoles back :picard: ive never heard a worse take on this forum in a decade :picard: @Barnett114 bush this shyt :picard: this is embarrassing to even discuss :picard:

b b b but a SSD , first off your SSD is 5.5 GB/S, their are already 5 GB/S SSD's on PC - and no one buys them because they mean nothing to PC gamers outside of a faster loading screen or to turn your computer on quicker :bryan:

The top 10 PC games you cant even run on console at all because they arent released on console :bryan:

Them lil crumb sales of a few million of NBA 2k or Madden we dont give a fukk about on PC man, we got games with playerbases reaching 200 million individually :pachaha:

Why would the big dog be worried about a lil pup ?

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

Timestamped:

Timestamped:

Timestamped:

plenty of retard ass big youtubers man. Having a big platform doesnt make you more knowledgeable on a subject.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I dont know why yall keep mentioning high end pc parts , when the rtx 2070 super which is comparable to what the ps5 has
is only used by like 2% of steam users and thats a high end pc part coming in at more than $400.

Game developers always developed to the baseline , how could they developed a game on PC that has a minumun requirement of an SSD? That would drive away like half the PC market.

Not everyone upgrades every year, most skip a cycle, the 3000 cards come out later this year, so the people with the 900 and 1000 series cards will upgrade to them. Then the people with the current 2000 series will upgrade to the 4000 series that releases in 2022 or so

its really not hard to comprehend. By December you will see sold out 3060's and 3070's every where world wide.

Example: I just went from a 970 GTX to a 2070 RTX Super, just bought last week.

You understand, but you dont want to understand.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
High end pc's but the average pc gamer aint a high end pc player. If that was the case , SSD would be a minumun requirement for pc games ....
but like the top 10 pc games can run on a pc built 10 years ago.

Also your argument of this is, you arent keeping the same energy that not everyone will buy a PS5 upon release either. Millions wont upgrade from their PS4 for years. Playing on old outdated hardware. Some how you ignore this for console side, but try to use it against PC users for not upgrading even though they have more frequent upgrades ? :camby:

what about all the PS5 users whose TV's arent even 4k compatible ? Lets not act like we dont know users here personally playing on $100 TV's on their $500 consoles and cant even utilize the current resolutions and FPS let alone the new consoles coming out..

Thats amateur points, courtdog style, you arguing against me man you gotta come better than that

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
b b b but a SSD , first off your SSD is 5.5 GB/S, their are already 5 GB/S SSD's on PC - and no one buys them because they mean nothing to PC gamers outside of a faster loading screen or to turn your computer on quicker :bryan:

You lost right here :deadrose: you saying the same things the guy on the video said when he brought up that 8TB SSD at 1:41 on the video. Then he had to make a video apologizing :whoa:
They dont mean nothing to the pc gamer because they dont have the i/o solution implemented yet. By the time a pc's ssd reaches ram , it will be bottlenecked to hell.

Did you honestly watch the video?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You lost right here :deadrose: you saying the same things the guy on the video said when he brought up that 8TB SSD at 1:41 on the video. Then he had to make a video apologizing :whoa:
They dont mean nothing to the pc gamer because they dont have the i/o solution implemented yet. By the time a pc's ssd reaches ram , it will be bottlenecked to hell.

Did you honestly watch the video?

we dont care enough about it to adjust a way more successful gaming platform than console could ever hope to be

the retard youtuber fails to realize this and so do you.

I watched the part time stamped where the guy is compared the 3 hard drives trying to compete them against PS5 SSD speeds. We already know the PS5 SSD is superior in speed.

Why not compare a 2080 TI to what will be your in your PS5 a 2070 Super equivalent :jbhmm:

why not compare a I9-10900k to what will be in your PS5 a AMD 3700x equivalent :jbhmm:

you know the things actual PC games are based on, that your PS5 will be outdated on release :jbhmm:

The PS5, even with the SSD, still cant out perform current high end PC's. By December of this year, Intel and AMD release new processors and nVidia releases their new video cards. The people that have the last cycle (8000 series in intel and 2000 series in AMD processors, and 900 and 1000 verisions of nvidia) will upgrade, and millions more will have a more powerful computer than the PS5, on release day . :umad:

So how can something that cant even out perform pcs right now some how hold back PC's :laff:

the youtuber is clickbaiting while trying to remain legit because he has a fancy set up, and you fell for it.

Like I said, you understand. But you dont want to understand. You know most people are upgrading their PC's this year and next year or maybe you are being too stupid to understand this.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
we dont care enough about it to adjust a way more successful gaming platform than console could ever hope to be

the retard youtuber fails to realize this and so do you.

I watched the part time stamped where the guy is compared the 3 hard drives trying to compete them against PS5 SSD speeds. We already know the PS5 SSD is superior in speed.

Why not compare a 2080 TI to what will be your in your PS5 a 2070 Super equivalent :jbhmm:

why not compare a I9-10900k to what will be in your PS5 a AMD 3700x equivalent :jbhmm:

you know the things actual PC games are based on, that your PS5 will be outdated on release :jbhmm:
and what size of the pc players actually have those parts in their computer? Like if a game developer made a game where those parts were the minumun requirement . ..they would go bankrupt.
i aint talking about super high end gaming pc which games are never targeted to ...im talking about the average gamer who still runs pc parts from 3-4 years ago.
Like the gtx 1060 which is the most common video card on steam came out in 2016.

Like i have a rtx 2080 super on my computer and the only thing i get from it is higher FPS/Resolution.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
and what size of the pc players actually have those parts in their computer? Like if a game developer made a game where those parts were the minumun requirement . ..they would go bankrupt.
i aint talking about super high end gaming pc which games are never targeted to ...im talking about the average gamer who still runs pc parts from 3-4 years ago.
Like the gtx 1060 which is the most common video card on steam came out in 2016.

Like i have a rtx 2080 super on my computer and the only thing i get from it is higher FPS/Resolution.

and what size of the 105 million PS4 users will buy PS5 on release day :jbhmm:

and then what % of that small % will even have a TV that is compatible with the PS5 new resolutions and FPS :jbhmm:

seems to me millions of the Playstation userbase will be playing on 2013 PS4 until years later :jbhmm:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
and what size of the 105 million PS4 users will buy PS5 on release day :jbhmm:

and then what % of that small % will even have a TV that is compatible with the PS5 new resolutions and FPS :jbhmm:
Sony already been said that their first parties will not be making ps4 games anymore. Now, if a studio decides to make a PS5/PC exclusive game...
how would they solve the data streaming aspect of it? Until there is an i/o solution comparable to the PS5 on the pc side , they would have to make some changes.