is Cool C the first big drug drealer that made it in HipHop?

QuarterCenturyLegend

Stoopid Life
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Reality Check Time, if you are a god damn king pin drug dealer. Why in the hell would you drop all of that and starve yourself being an entertainer? All these rap nikkas was just corner boys and if you work long enough and hard enough you get to run your corner.

Yeah I'm going to leave a lucrative business to struggle and get fukked by an industry that is hit or miss sell a little records especially for the majority wasn't see gold or show money. Rap was still burgeoning.

And you have to remember doing anything outside of rap was selling out and some semblance of authenticity was required. Now no one gives a fukk, throws the rock hides hand.

:snoop: You don't stay in the streets, you work your way to get out of the streets. That was probably the dumbest shyt i've ever read on this site. A lucrative 'illegal' empire ends in one or two ways unless you're lucky. I hope you're young

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
not true

johnforte2009_l.jpg

first time i ever heard of liquid cocaine

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He wasn't big time:comeon:

He only did that deal to get some money because he was broke after his record didn't do well. It wasn't his product he was selling he was just transporting the yayo but plans didn't go right and that's how he got caught. It wasn't something he did on the regular.

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
:snoop: You don't stay in the streets, you work your way to get out of the streets. That was probably the dumbest shyt i've ever read on this site. A lucrative 'illegal' empire ends in one or two ways unless you're lucky. I hope you're young

I know this maannn, I was making a statement about this dumb as thread about guys being king pins, dail down the hyperbole. If you're king pin, you don't become a rapper that's a worker. If you're a king pin you might want to own a label and get one of these corner boys like jay z or 50 cent to work for you.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He's right. I don't know how anyone can't see this unless you just believe the shyt the TV is telling you about rappers.

Why would someone go and learn how to rap in the 80's when that was the era of the drug kingpin unless he was already a musician? Cocaine was $100 a gram and a rap song was $4.99 and you had hoped somebody bought your record. Don't tell me you would give up hustling to rap and do parties for the same people you either did business with or in war with. Rappers for the most part wasn't getting money like they were in the mid 90's-present. It was the dealers who funded the rappers not become the rappers:birdman: Around 1995-1996 is when shyt started dieing down and is the major reason a lot of people from the street that were official started getting into rap because the drug game was nowhere near what it was in the 80's and everyone was getting time so rap was the next option and as the years went on the amount of skill needed to become a rapper got less and less which is why there are more "dopeboys" who want to rap then it was in the 90's and before that. You actually needed skills and not just a storyline about yourself.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Props to AZ but he didn't make it in Hip Hop. Anybody with money can put out an album but putting out a high end product and getting a high amount of sells is another story.

There is a reason you won't see a big time drug dealer in hip hop. It's because his ass will have the police watching him and he would never get to that point and if he's smart he would just be an executive or private investor to the company he started up not BE THE RAPPER that has all eyes on him unless he is a retard. If you have smarts and heart to become a kingpin you want POWER not FAME. POWER brings FAME BUT FAME doesn't bring POWER.

QuarterCenturyLegend

Stoopid Life
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
He's right. I don't know how anyone can't see this unless you just believe the shyt the TV is telling you about rappers.

Why would someone go and learn how to rap in the 80's when that was the era of the drug kingpin? Cocaine was $100 a gram and a rap song was $4.99 and you had hoped somebody bought your record. Don't tell me you would give up hustling to rap and do parties for the same people you either did business with or in war with. Rappers for the most part wasn't getting money like they were in the mid 90's-present. It was the dealers who funded the rappers not become the rappers:birdman: Around 1995-1996 is when shyt started dieing down and is the major reason a lot of people from the street that were official started getting into rap because the drug game was nowhere near what it was in the 80's and everyone was getting time so rap was the next option.

You just said work for somebody. Eazy owned his own label. Jay had his own label and you're working for someone but you already have money saved up. (the key) This comes into play when you start laundering your money into businesses. You have to think of the big picture. I understand what both of you are saying though. You can't think like a low level street nikka everday. NWA wasn't getting money? Run DMC wasn't getting money? You are correct in rappers funding though

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You just said work for somebody. Eazy owned his own label. Jay had his own label and you're working for someone but you already have money saved up. (the key) This comes into play when you start laundering your money into businesses. You have to think of the big picture. I understand what both of you are saying though. You can't think like a low level street nikka everday. NWA wasn't getting money? Run DMC wasn't getting money? You are correct in rappers funding though

Eazy-E was not a rapper, he was pushed to do it and it blew up for him. He didn't right his rhymes ice cube did.

Jay-Z started his label in the mids '90's when rappers started getting big money AND because he couldn't get a label to sign him. Not that he had funding to star his own label so he just did it. He needed investors also because he had a deal with freeze records to put out his first single. Anyone can start a label but actually funding it and having good distribution cost money and only a few can do that. Larry Davis funded his own music and had his own label and this was in the early '80's but he still wasn't BIG time like rappers be claiming.

Run-DMC and NWA were a select few who were getting paid like that back then and now still because most artist aren't making money like that despite what you see and hear. It's all an image.

QuarterCenturyLegend

Stoopid Life
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Eazy-E was not a rapper, he was pushed to do it and it blew up for him. He didn't right his rhymes ice cube did.

Jay-Z started his label in the mids '90's when rappers started getting big money AND because he couldn't get a label to sign him. Not that he had funding to star his own label so he just did it. He needed investors also because he had a deal with freeze records to put out his first single. Anyone can start a label but actually funding it and having good distribution cost money and only a few can do that. Larry Davis funded his own music and had his own label and this was in the early '80's but he still wasn't BIG time like rappers be claiming.

Run-DMC and NWA were a select few who were getting paid like that back then and now still because most artist aren't making money like that despite what you see and hear. It's all an image.

Most of these rappers (nowadays or back then) don't even own their own houses or chains. I understand the image. Like I said i'm not trying to argue because I think we're arguing the same shyt in different words :yeshrug: Maybe I should've been more clear as to what I was saying

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Why would someone go and learn how to rap in the 80's when that was the era of the drug kingpin unless he was already a musician? Cocaine was $100 a gram and a rap song was $4.99 and you had hoped somebody bought your record. Don't tell me you would give up hustling to rap and do parties for the same people you either did business with or in war with. Rappers for the most part wasn't getting money like they were in the mid 90's-present. It was the dealers who funded the rappers not become the rappers:birdman: Around 1995-1996 is when shyt started dieing down and is the major reason a lot of people from the street that were official started getting into rap because the drug game was nowhere near what it was in the 80's and everyone was getting time so rap was the next option and as the years went on the amount of skill needed to become a rapper got less and less which is why there are more "dopeboys" who want to rap then it was in the 90's and before that. You actually needed skills and not just a storyline about yourself.

Why? Because they not giving 30 years in a box for selling songs. And having other rappers take shots at you on wax>>>>>>>>>>other dealers taking shots at you with an Uzi.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope your joking because who the hell in the '80's needed to set up drug labs when bricks was everywhere:mindblown:

Dehaven said that him and jay was selling in New Jersey and Maryland and he had a few young people doing some things for him but nothing serious. Anybody can do that in a small town if you just paying them 50 on 500 or something like that. Jay was just someone who had a low overhead(no kids and wife), making money in a small towns(little competition) and new how to stack his money so he can but things. Any smart person can do this but most hard drug dealers don't know how to not spend money as soon as it comes in due to not learning the value of money.

SMH, Jay was buying pure coke and he had labs set up to cook it into crack. He wasn't no small time dude. He rapped for the fun of it. You cant trust anything Dehaven or Calvin Klein say, they was just mad Jay aint hook them up once he made transition to the rap game.

Jay used Biggs and Dame as a way to launder his money so that he could use it to start the label. And he got support to help finance the label so the feds wouldn't catch on obviously. Thats why they shopped his demo and was trying to get a deal. Because they didn't want to expose themselves to the authorities, but Jay had money though, like he said he was still spending money from 88.