is Cool C the first big drug drealer that made it in HipHop?

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know maybe he helped them start their music careers because that is when they starting making music(1994). Back then you had to know what you were doing and had to pay for studio time and set up your label and get the record in stores. They maybe used him to get the process going quicker. I don't know but it probably had something to do with the music.

Last edited by a moderator:

ItalianoCAC

Spaghetti Slurping WOP
Daps
Reppin
South Philly...all day everyday!
In any regards, the worst thing Tommy Hill ever did was try to resurface after being a rat. I would see his videos online under his new persona "Tommy Butta" and be like :snoop::pacspit:

Then I remember specifically being down in Atlanta a few years ago visiting at my boys apartment, drunk, high, glued to the couch, eating taco bell and shyt, watching the news and they said some bytch cashed her tax return check at wal mart and some dude beat her up outside and robbed her and they flashed the picture of the dude they arrested and it was Tommy Hill and I jumped off the couch out of my dumb high stupor, spilling shyt all over like :krs::wtf::skip: thats Tommy Hill yo :skip:

Reduced to robbing females outside of wal mart for tax checks :flabbynsick:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
im surprised nobody said j.prince yet.
:dwillhuh:

Was he Big time drug dealer that came into the game? From what I remember he had a record store called no limit from the money he inherited form his grandfather and went on from there NOT being big in the game, needed to retire and wanted to start rapping.

That is bullshyt at least from me, because philly gets major props from the having some of the best rappers, to knowing how to dress, to have some of the best DJ's to come into the rap game. Philly was the shyt to me, now I don't know but them nikkas could still rhyme their asses off they just ain't saying anything but how many nikkas they could kill and how much coke they sell.

you believe that inheritance story? p was always known for drugs. thats why the feds was on his @$$.

no, what im saying in regards to us not getting props is that philly was the 1st to do ALOT of stuff and never gets acknowledged for it.

first rap single
first female rap single
first rap label
GANGSTA RAP
i could continue on but you get the point.

and you say we can dress but why dont we ever get props for all the stuff that we made hot? all the fashion, slang & mannerisms that we put down. instead yall credit new york or some other niccas for that chit. and what the hell is a rick ross beard? no such thing.

Now Im thinking about what Ram Squad and the Philly mob were doing together in the 90's :ohhh:

I know the mob was doing their street tax shyt on anyone doing anything illegal all over philly except north and west, if I was a betting man, I'd put money on RAM Squad getting that coke from Kaboni Savage.....

Im pretty positive RAM Squad and Joey Merlino were doing nothing drug related, but they were most definitely involved with each other...Savage ran that shyt, or whatever JBM leftover was above him in the 90's was....so what the fukk were they doing? :ohhh:

they say that ram squad used to put in work for merlino & the mob. doing jobs and such.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Dont matter because all of them are demons and only want to become our oppressor, not our saviors.

Tesseract

Dis-Info Agent Killer
Daps
Reppin
Xanth
Wacky D said:
philly is like the 1st to do everything in hip-hop, all the way down to the 1st rap record.

:usure:

I thought the first 'rap' record was King Tim III, by the Fatback Band from NYC. Philly created 'The Philly Sound' 'aka' 'boom-bap'. Before that, it was all disco/funk tracks.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im surprised nobody said j.prince yet.
:dwillhuh:

you believe that inheritance story? p was always known for drugs. thats why the feds was on his @$$.

no, what im saying in regards to us not getting props is that philly was the 1st to do ALOT of stuff and never gets acknowledged for it.

first rap single
first female rap single
first rap label
GANGSTA RAP
i could continue on but you get the point.

and you say we can dress but why dont we ever get props for all the stuff that we made hot? all the fashion, slang & mannerisms that we put down. instead yall credit new york or some other niccas for that chit. and what the hell is a rick ross beard? no such thing.

they say that ram squad used to put in work for merlino & the mob. doing jobs and such.

Damn, I forgot about J.Prince. Yeah he is the first.
Yeah, I always question the inheritance story BUT if I wasn't there or heard anything serious from him how do I know it isn't true. People gossip so much so I take what I hear from people with a grain of salt. That's why I don't put him in the category. Everyone else is no question you know what they were about.

You are right about everything else but I think Rick Ross got the beard thing from trying to imitate Suge Knight.

As far as the first rap record, you will get a lot of answers but if you want to say who the first to rap on record and sound like some real rap shyt that we like today it was Pigmeat Markham - Here Comes The Judge and Who Got The Number. This was 1968.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvMBxlu62c0"]Pigmeat Markham - Here Comes The Judge + The Trial - 1968 45rpm - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8l5pxSbn6Q"]Pigmeat Markham - Who Got The Number - YouTube[/ame]

BTW, as I'm listening to pigmeat markham flow I was thinking if he was the one who got people rapping because his songs came out in 1968 and was well known, he then moved to NYC and was known there, and he died in the BRONX in 1981 around the time when Hip Hop was born. If that isn't a coincidence I don't know what is. Someone should do some research and see if he was the real inventor who inspired the beginners of rap because he is really flowing on them songs.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Yeah Larry Goodman was probably the first big time drug dealer to enter rap, so you right about that one. As far as KINGPIN status though Harry-O was the first.

Morris Levy still wasn't on Harry-O's level and he wasn't in the game like that. He was a music man with mob ties there is a difference. The same for Tommy Mottola. They may have been in the MOB and were affiliates BUT they weren't kingpins. Harry-O was a KINGPIN. His suppliers dealt with HIM DIRECTLY and he did have power because nobody can just make moves like that in person and get away with it. He had David Kenner as his lawyer who was one of the best in L.A. Being part of a group isn't the same as being the MAN. The MOB has people who do different things but each person isn't necessarily big time like that and Morris Levy wasn't a big time drug dealer if he was a drug dealer at all. Music was his hustle.

Harry-O was a millionaire at 26(not from music like Morris Levy) and making investments in Real estate(not a few houses), businesses and entertainment. He even helped ice cube make "players club". He's out now and will make more moves probably.

BTW, SKJ I know you like this type of stuff so you should check this out:
crimefile :: View topic - Michael Ray Harris aka "Harri-O"

"As for MCA's ties which were directly tied to Harris's rise. During the 80s, the Organized Crime Strike Force while investigating mob influence in Hollywood, uncovered a CIA link that they believed was directly tied to the Iran-Contra affair. Investigators were curious why Lew Wasserman MCA's notoriously frugal boss was paying Northstar Graphics "a company run by Edward Sciandra," double the shipping rate to transport its videocassettes. The investigation turned up evidence that MCA had also paid Northstar Graphics $500,000 for reasons unknown. Subsequent articles and books have placed Wasserman's reasoning as services rendered by the mob in a family matter or proof of the mob's strength and power. The strike force however noted that MCA's Gene Giaquinto was tied not only to Sciandra but Robert Booth Nichols a shady character with ties to the CIA and Reagan Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense General Richard Secord.

There's no need to recount the entire Contra scandal here but the drugs delivered to Harris, Bo Bennett, Freeway Rick, Whitey Robertson, Michael Ector and other gang related drug traffickers came from this source. And so as you can imagine, the reasoning for Harris's success in securing permission to organize, launch and run Deathrow from a California prison is fairly apparent. There is alot more to this story that I'll have to link from a separate document I've written on the hands behind Deathrow that were exposed during the Shakur murder but the media again has not picked up on to any great degree."

Great Insight!!!!.... we are on the SAME PAGE...

Which is basically the "Political Rammifications of large scale Drug Distribution and the Music Industry which shields it"

i'm loving the Sam Wasserman refrence it's going to tie into the point i'm making right now....if you get a chance watch the "THE LAST MOGUL" documentary..i saw it on Netflix last year.....dude's power was immeasurable :damn:

but back to the Morris Levy / Harry O compare and contrast

contrary to belief...Morris actually started out in the Herion game before he entered the club promotion and music publishing game.....

the only reason the investigation (federal focus was centered on his music "hustle" game) was the fact that Federal Strike Force which was targeting Mafia cats in the industry was somehow "intsturcted" :ehh: NOT to bring forth any charges against Levy on Herion distribution which came about via the testimony of Black Mafia herion kingpin Roland Bennet's trial in which he ratted on Morris Levy as being his plug....

The Big One Raids Crack Roland Bartlett's Drug Empire, Officials Say - Philly.com

Black youths from the neighborhood looked up to Bartlett because of his power and riches. Bartlett’s power was so huge that he did not pay the Philadelphia La Cosa Nostra Family, led by Nicky Scarfo, a street tax. Bartlett was a vicious man. When his neighbor filed a lawsuit against him for failing to clean up after his dog, Bartlett paid two underlings $5,000 to kill the man, they succeeded.

Drug Boss: Roland "Pops" Bartlett - Gangsters Inc.

One of those "black youths" happened to be Lawerence Goodman who was heavily influenced by Bartlett and the Black Mafia's twisted mix of Islamic Dogma and large scale drug smuggling.

Now keep in mind Barnett's facing life , and eventually does a long ass bid.....but shockingly his "plug" Morris Levy is only found GUILTY on the music extortion and payola charges, while the prosecuters have been "notified" to DROP ANY HERION DISTRIBUTION CHARGES against Levy.

Levy Sentenced In Conspiracy Case - Philly.com

"New York City record company executive Morris Levy yesterday was sentenced to 10 years in prison for conspiracy after a daylong hearing in which the government publicly alleged for the first time that he had been a major supplier of heroin for convicted Philadelphia drug dealer Roland Bartlett.

While the drug charges were not part of the case for which Levy was sentenced, they added a new and controversial twist to the legal battle between the federal government and Levy. A major figure in the record business, Levy, 61, has been described by government investigators as organized crime's connection with the industry

so while black a$$ Bartlett does Football Numbers.....ole mafioso whitey Morris Levy walks away with just a 10 year bid that on charges unrelated to his Herion Empire...how he do that? :usure:

This four part series on the Sam Wasserman , Mafia , MCA records connection to the White House kinda clears things up :stylin:

http://www.moldea.com/MCAMusic.html

MCA Music & the Mafia:
Did the Justice Department cut Reagan's Hollywood pals a break? Copyright © 1988 by Dan E. Moldea, author of Dark Victory: Ronald Reagan, MCA, and the Mob (Viking, 1986)

Is it ironic that Morris Levy had been a multimillion dollar go "between guy" for indy street record promoters, radio stations and mom and pop stores to have a direct channel to MCA BOSS "SAM WASSERMAN" whom AVOIDED being subpeoned along with a slew of other MCA bosses many of which were Political figures whom just happened to serve on the MCA board of directors
such as Howard Baker the former Republican Senate Majority Leader.

lew_wasserman.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sam Wasserman was Ronald Reagan's first agent , basically got him in the acting game and later became his no. 1 campaign contributor during his run for the white house.

and this guy Senator Howard Baker...was on tap to become Reagan's succescor as President UNTIL the IRAN-CONTRA affair made headlines and he just decided to FALL BACK and accept a chief of staff position in Reagan's cabinet..and let 'Daddy Bush aka Mr. CIA handle things

Howard_Baker_photo.jpg

You see where i'm going with this???:beli:

Basically your man "Harry-O" out in cali is basically PLUGGED IN with the same people as this "MORRIS LEVY" figure out in the east, they BOTH were the "mules" and "beneficeries" of the IRAN-CONTRA COCAINE pipeline conducted by the White House and the CIA via music moguls and drug dealers...

But HARRY-O's massive wealth was not supplimented with POWER which is what MORRIS LEVY had....what good is your MONEY if it is not backed by POLITICAL IMMUNITY which allows you to not only keep the bread but "breath" without LONG STINTS in prison or getting bodied?????..

And it still happens to this day.....look at JIMMY HENCHMEN he goes to JAIL...while JIMMY IOVINE stays free when all this happened on Jimmy's watch...and it's pretty obvious IOVINE had knowledge of Henchmen's activities if not part of it as well....

MEECH got nabbed just as he made the move to MIAMI and was on film with MAYOR DIAZ during a "welcome to miami" meeting up in CITY HALL in miami (SMACK DVD)......along with the investigation into him and his brother's association with a Mayor of Atlanta's in law whom was laundering money thru the Mayor of Atlanta's husband's businesses and the daughter as well.

or look at the cat in my avatar....Mr. Dudas Coke of Jamaica whom had taking the Shower Posse from being just the "street muscle" for the JLP political party to a force in the housing development contracting business as well as reggae industry......he became so poweful he was called "PREZZY" short for "PRESIDENT" because he wielded nuff respect even from the former Prime Minister Bruce Golding whom protected him from EXTRADITION until his arrest by federal authorities in america recently.

Basically a DOPE KINGPIN is WORTHLESS without POLITICAL IMMUNITY and CONNECTIONS......

Too many of them are just RICH as opposed to WEALTHY

Because if you moving that much weight over a considerable amount of time (good run) then YOU MUST HAVE A POLITICAL COSIGN TO EVEN DO THAT LEVEL OF WORK.....

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No doubt SKJ, you put everything into perspective on your last post.

BTW, being that I give you respect on this hip hop thing I would like to know what are thoughts on what I wrote about Pigmeat Markham and his connection to hip hop on my last post?.

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
jay-z is the only fully fledged drug kingpin to make the transistion from the streets to the rap game. all these other dudes was small time hand to hand dealers, Jay is the only one who was actually running blocks, setting up drug labs and multiple crack spots and had his own soldiers selling under him and shyt. all these other rappers is living fantasies

:heh:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
No doubt SKJ, you put everything into perspective on your last post.

BTW, being that I give you respect on this hip hop thing I would like to know what are thoughts on what I wrote about Pigmeat Markham and his connection to hip hop on my last post?.

that's so ironic that you bring up Pigmeat Markham cause my pops who passed away had alot of Pigmeat records......

but then again he had alot of Issac Hayes and Last Poet records too, it was just a common thing in the 60's with guys like H. "RAP" Brown and Clarence 13 X aka "Pudding" to just "flow" with their words..that was the street thing back then years prior to HIP HOP making it's mark...

matter of fact alot of older gods i talked to said "Pudding" got his name in harlem cause his "speech" was just sweet and comforting like "chochlate pudding" it was just a street thing that was common long before "rapping" became a marketing tool by acts such as Pigmeat.

so yes it was defintily an INFLEUNCE...but NOT THE ONLY INFLUENCE

Actually the most Direct Influence came via Jamaica ...in jamaica you had "TOASTERS" who use to "toast" (rap) pon the mike about current events or just daily trivial shyt for entertaiment while a SELECTOR aka DJ spun the records as the backdrop

this was known as "RUB-A-DUB" music

that my friend is the real INFLUENCE... :ohlawd:

KOOL HERC was a jamaican...and GRANDMASTER FLASH was from barbados......the bronx was thick with Jamican and west indian immigrants whom took the soundsytem style (mobile deejays) to NYC and created a "YANKEE VERSION" known as RAP MUSIC.....

it makes sense because most jamaican soundsytems such as Killamanjaro and the infamous Stone Love been running since the 60's and the first "battles" aka "clashes" come from the musical conflicts between Sir Coxsone Dodd (one of the first to record Bob Marley) and Duke Reid (Trojan records, ska music pioneer) out in Jamaica during the 50's.

where they basically did what producers and deejays do search for obscure beats and sounds (dubs) to entertain the masses...while some "mike man" or M.C as we call it "rapped" or "toasted" over the records...

here is an interview with the TRUE FADDA (FATHER) of the REMIX....no NOT PUNK A$$ P. DIDDY...but the man himself KING JAMMYS.....

Last edited by a moderator: