is Cool C the first big drug drealer that made it in HipHop?

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
How about we stop sellin poison because it's wrong in the first place :rudy:

The warped logic on here sometimes...smh...

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SMH, Jay was buying pure coke and he had labs set up to cook it into crack. He wasn't no small time dude. He rapped for the fun of it. You cant trust anything Dehaven or Calvin Klein say, they was just mad Jay aint hook them up once he made transition to the rap game.

Jay used Biggs and Dame as a way to launder his money so that he could use it to start the label. And he got support to help finance the label so the feds wouldn't catch on obviously. Thats why they shopped his demo and was trying to get a deal. Because they didn't want to expose themselves to the authorities, but Jay had money though, like he said he was still spending money from 88.

Man I hope your are joking because you sound like a straight up stan.:krs:

You don't need no "labs" to cook crack. Your lab is the kitchen. And who couldn't get pure coke in the 80's when it wasn't as diluted as it is now and had more value?.

Also like the poster above stated stop selling the shyt and bigging up these people like their heroes because they are just regular people who needed a come up and a lot of them are just greedy, weak, selfish b*stards who wouldn't give a shyt about you unless you had a dollar to give them and soft as shyt. Don't believe the hype.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Man I hope your are joking because you sound like a straight up stan.:krs:

You don't need no "labs" to cook crack. Your lab is the kitchen. And who couldn't get pure coke in the 80's when it wasn't as diluted as it is now and had more value?.

Also like the poster above stated stop selling the shyt and bigging up these people like their heroes because they are just regular people who needed a come up and a lot of them are just greedy, weak, selfish b*stards who wouldn't give a shyt about you unless you had a dollar to give them and soft as shyt. Don't believe the hype.

bu bu bu but he was still spending money from 88 tho

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
jay-z is the only fully fledged drug kingpin to make the transistion from the streets to the rap game. all these other dudes was small time hand to hand dealers, Jay is the only one who was actually running blocks, setting up drug labs and multiple crack spots and had his own soldiers selling under him and shyt. all these other rappers is living fantasies

:snoop:

Eazy-E was confirmed by his business partner Jerry Heller at Ruthless Records to be a full fledged drug dealer....

Heller talked about how the biggest difficulties he had was helping Eazy E make the transition from cash transactions to actually dealing with checks and accounts during thier foray into the independent rap game.

Jay did his thing ..but DRUG KINGPIN nooooooooooooo :shaq2:

Had great affilations and a mean plug (virgin island connect via Church Ave.) , but didn't capitilze on it according to the brother of Danny "Dollars" Dan whom Jay "idolized".

Yes although it was true Calvin Klein was somewhat bitter over Jay-z lack of ambition in putting him on in the music game.

Calvin been good...ask Akon at KONVICT MUSIC....

Because Shawn Carter was NO WHERE near Calvin or much less Demancio and Kendu these are the BK kingpins of that era, along with Killer Ben outta Fort Green

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reality Check Time, if you are a god damn king pin drug dealer. Why in the hell would you drop all of that and starve yourself being an entertainer? All these rap nikkas was just corner boys and if you work long enough and hard enough you get to run your corner.

Yeah I'm going to leave a lucrative business to struggle and get fukked by an industry that is hit or miss sell a little records especially for the majority wasn't see gold or show money. Rap was still burgeoning.

And you have to remember doing anything outside of rap was selling out and some semblance of authenticity was required. Now no one gives a fukk, throws the rock hides hand.
maybe or maybe not true but smart dudes in the game know you cant sell drugs but for so long fam.....aint no retirement or pension for niccuhz who stay heavy in the game for too long only jail or death......... AZ from 148th(paid in full for the unknowing)..........used to have a group called mobstyle ....that was the first real life drug dealer niccuh i can recall to get his own label and rap...........

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
:snoop: You don't stay in the streets, you work your way to get out of the streets. That was probably the dumbest shyt i've ever read on this site. A lucrative 'illegal' empire ends in one or two ways unless you're lucky. I hope you're young

That's not entirely true. A lot of them be addicted to that life, to where they can't leave.

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
Suprised to see no mention of Jeezy yet. nikka was rockin rapper jewlery and ridin in Rarri's way before he even had a deal.

He was part of the BMF clique(a worker), but he wasn't a kingpin. We Know who the King pin was, again to harp on my point. Meech, stood close to the entertainers he loved that shyt, but he would never leave that shyt to become a rapper.

KENNY DA COOKER

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Suprised to see no mention of Jeezy yet. nikka was rockin rapper jewlery and ridin in Rarri's way before he even had a deal.

:russ: man all that shyt is for cameras mane..these rappers lie

he didn't even own that shyt , not even the jewelry....

dude was leasing cars from Terry Flenory's dealership down in Orlando...

l.jpg

hell even the "SNOWMAN" alias was "borrowed" from from O-Dawg outta 4th ward his cousin in savannah fukks with Gucci Mane hard and is one of the reasons they did the "SO ICEY" song together

pg 127...
Yogi had brought Omari up to speed on matters involving the rapper Young Jeezy. She claimed that Jeezy was behind on payments for his Lamborghini, which he'd gotten from the dealership in Orlando that secured cars such as Ferraris, Lambos and the like on a regular basis for BMF.

The owner of the shop was Eric "Swift" Whaley a 350 lb man with a heart condition that rendered him a far cry from the image that his nicknamed conjured.

Yogi was clearly getting a kick out of the situation..."Jeezy called me talking bout, "Let me tell you what that punk ass Swift did."..I said..."i know-he took your car".

"Yep ...he (Jeezy) running around here telling everybody Swift didn't have his paperwork straight"- Yogi said. The car she claimed had been impounded.

"Jeezy just ain't made a muthaphuking car payment in like 5 months", Yogi continued.

"Swift told him the only way he can get it back is if he pay it all the way off...Jeezy said.."That's fukked up..No i'm gonna get the Modena (Porsche)!"

i said "Okay Hollywood" - Yogi

"I ain't never heard no shyt like that" - Omari

"Isn't it crazy? N1ggas be frontin one way and s1t...mmmm, mmm rappers -Yogi
Amazon.com: BMF: The Rise and Fall of Big Meech and the Black Mafia Family (9780312383930): Mara Shalhoup: Books

Last edited:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you want to get technical the FIRST kingpin to do his thing in the rap music industry was Harry-o. He was a real kingpin and funded Deathrow as well as the first black play on broadway which starred Denzel Washington. He gave Deathrow $1.5 million, that is what you really call getting a label.

KENNY DA COOKER

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
:shaq:

But i do see where the threadstarter is going with this theme....even though he can't "see the forest for the trees"

because the bigger picture is WHO ..the "rapper" Cool C actually got put on by and who rolled with...im sure all you old heads remember the "HILLTOP HUSTLAS" crew with Steady B. and a few other rappers and "street cats" which was started by Quran of DA YOUNGSTAS father the "Noble" Lawerence Goodman a thoro islamic cat from the Black Mafia days of Philadelphia when Philadelphia International and the NOI was real strong back then............

Goodman cosigned alot of NYC acts such as Salt N Pepa , Heavy D. , MC Lyte and the Juice Crew till him and Fly Ty (Mr. Magic's business partner) fell out over some music business deal that fell thru which resulted in Cool C. releasing the diss song towards MC Shan...

Cool C. was NOT only laurence Goodman's level....and he also predates Harry-O's involvement in the Deathrow and Rap-A-Lot investments ......

which techinically would make LAURENCE GOODMAN the first BIG DRUG DEALER THAT MADE IT IN HIP HOP with his "POP ART RECORDS/HILLTOP HUSTLAS" venture

Last edited by a moderator:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think Lawrence Goodman was on Harry-O's level though. Harry-O had the west coast, part of down south and the east coast on lock. To me that is a Kingpin, when you have shops in different spots and moving at least hundreds of kilos a month. Doing good isn't the same thing. Also, Harry-O made that Deathrow deal when he was locked up which really gives him the kingpin status.