is Cool C the first big drug drealer that made it in HipHop?

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
I don't think Lawrence Goodman was on Harry-O's level though. Harry-O had the west coast, part of down south and the east coast on lock. To me that is a Kingpin, when you have shops in different spots and moving at least hundreds of kilos a month. Doing good isn't the same thing. Also, Harry-O made that Deathrow deal when he was locked up which really gives him the kingpin status.

the ISSUE was who was the FIRST???

And LAWERENCE GOODMAN was MAJOR....not in scale of course he wasn't on Harry O's level.....but that wasn't the question..but he did PREDATE harry-o by at least a whole decade

:mjpls: Do you even realize that the Black Mafia of Philly was a conglomerate of kingpins and hitmen???...

one of the main reasons Frank Matthews chose to "dissappear" because he didn't wanna pay thier extortion like "tax" on outsiders coming into the Philly market..

but that's just as far as 'BLACK KINGPINS' are concerned....

the FIRST MAJOR DOPE DEALER to enter the RAP GAME is hands down
a WHITE MAN ....whom i'm sorry to dissapoint you HIP HOP PURISTS goes back to the SUGARHILL RECORDS era...... :yeshrug:

so CRIME and RHYME goes back to the essence.......things weren't so innocent back in those "golden era" days :umad:

Sylvia Robinson went to this man "MORRIS LEVY"
http://www.uncamarvy.com/Duponts/duponts4.jpg

who was like the 'white suge knight" of his era for front money to start SUGARHILL RECORDS along with a number of enterprises he owned as well as the publisihing for a John Lennon LP, that he "extorted" John into creating for his benifit....

Levy was a Genovese capo and thier herion plug for the northeast to midwest market and introduced another mob affilliate cat named TOMMY MOTTALA to the music game....

french connection, mob hits, extortion of las vegas and manhatten nightclubs, and a major herion plug from corsica as well as putting numerous artists on drugs such as FRANKIE LYMON.....

dude was a beast...an "evil" one.....

HARRY-O ain't had shyt on him......in terms of power:whoo:

bigmanharris

Coli Gangsta
Daps
Reppin
GA
:snoop:

Eazy-E was confirmed by his business partner Jerry Heller at Ruthless Records to be a full fledged drug dealer....

Heller talked about how the biggest difficulties he had was helping Eazy E make the transition from cash transactions to actually dealing with checks and accounts during thier foray into the independent rap game.

Jay did his thing ..but DRUG KINGPIN nooooooooooooo :shaq2:

Had great affilations and a mean plug (virgin island connect via Church Ave.) , but didn't capitilze on it according to the brother of Danny "Dollars" Dan whom Jay "idolized".

Yes although it was true Calvin Klein was somewhat bitter over Jay-z lack of ambition in putting him on in the music game.

Calvin been good...ask Akon at KONVICT MUSIC....

Because Shawn Carter was NO WHERE near Calvin or much less Demancio and Kendu these are the BK kingpins of that era, along with Killer Ben outta Fort Green

Mary's husband Kendu?

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Mary's husband Kendu?

Nah not that n1gga :heh:

this "kendu" to the left of Demancio were moving that work in Maryland and Virginia :

Kendu%252C%2BDomencio%2B%2526%2BRason%2B%2540%2BThe%2BOmni%2BHotel-1-TAGGED-1.jpg

he's the one who's conviction also led to the arrest of his girlfriend who got "Birdman Numbers" (390) years in prison for businesses she ran in Virginia that were tied into Kendu and set the precedent used by those trying to reform the imbalance of Crack Cocaine sentencing :birdman:

P_602989_630761.jpg

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
jay-z is the only fully fledged drug kingpin to make the transistion from the streets to the rap game. all these other dudes was small time hand to hand dealers, Jay is the only one who was actually running blocks, setting up drug labs and multiple crack spots and had his own soldiers selling under him and shyt. all these other rappers is living fantasies

352682_o.gif

egolessindigo

G O H A R D
Daps
Reppin
N E W W O R L D N Y
jay-z is the only fully fledged drug kingpin to make the transistion from the streets to the rap game. all these other dudes was small time hand to hand dealers, Jay is the only one who was actually running blocks, setting up drug labs and multiple crack spots and had his own soldiers selling under him and shyt. all these other rappers is living fantasies

I mean we all want to believe hov because he is such a great rapper with a big budget but the truth of the matter is hov was a small time runner from trenton to bk, he rarely dealt with bricks, he is telling the story of real bk hustlers like Calvin Klein and Biggz

Daps
Suprised to see no mention of Jeezy yet. nikka was rockin rapper jewlery and ridin in Rarri's way before he even had a deal.

Yeah, but thread started said FIRST to do it. So, Jeezy wouldn't make the list.

Harry O, Eazy E, Jay-Z, Cool C...all preceded him. There's probably more I didn't mention.

Daps
Nah not that n1gga :heh:

this "kendu" to the left of Demancio were moving that work in Maryland and Virginia :

Kendu%252C%2BDomencio%2B%2526%2BRason%2B%2540%2BThe%2BOmni%2BHotel-1-TAGGED-1.jpg

he's the one who's conviction also led to the arrest of his girlfriend who got "Birdman Numbers" (390) years in prison for businesses she ran in Virginia that were tied into Kendu and set the precedent used by those trying to reform the imbalance of Crack Cocaine sentencing :birdman:

P_602989_630761.jpg

why they got them glittery jackets on? They look like an out of shape R&B group on a reunion tour.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the ISSUE was who was the FIRST???

And LAWERENCE GOODMAN was MAJOR....not in scale of course he wasn't on Harry O's level.....but that wasn't the question..but he did PREDATE harry-o by at least a whole decade

:mjpls: Do you even realize that the Black Mafia of Philly was a conglomerate of kingpins and hitmen???...

one of the main reasons Frank Matthews chose to "dissappear" because he didn't wanna pay thier extortion like "tax" on outsiders coming into the Philly market..

but that's just as far as 'BLACK KINGPINS' are concerned....

the FIRST MAJOR DOPE DEALER to enter the RAP GAME is hands down
a WHITE MAN ....whom i'm sorry to dissapoint you HIP HOP PURISTS goes back to the SUGARHILL RECORDS era...... :yeshrug:

so CRIME and RHYME goes back to the essence.......things weren't so innocent back in those "golden era" days :umad:

Sylvia Robinson went to this man "MORRIS LEVY"
http://www.uncamarvy.com/Duponts/duponts4.jpg

who was like the 'white suge knight" of his era for front money to start SUGARHILL RECORDS along with a number of enterprises he owned as well as the publisihing for a John Lennon LP, that he "extorted" John into creating for his benifit....

Levy was a Genovese capo and thier herion plug for the northeast to midwest market and introduced another mob affilliate cat named TOMMY MOTTALA to the music game....

french connection, mob hits, extortion of las vegas and manhatten nightclubs, and a major herion plug from corsica as well as putting numerous artists on drugs such as FRANKIE LYMON.....

dude was a beast...an "evil" one.....

HARRY-O ain't had shyt on him......in terms of power:whoo:

Yeah Larry Goodman was probably the first big time drug dealer to enter rap, so you right about that one. As far as KINGPIN status though Harry-O was the first.

Morris Levy still wasn't on Harry-O's level and he wasn't in the game like that. He was a music man with mob ties there is a difference. The same for Tommy Mottola. They may have been in the MOB and were affiliates BUT they weren't kingpins. Harry-O was a KINGPIN. His suppliers dealt with HIM DIRECTLY and he did have power because nobody can just make moves like that in person and get away with it. He had David Kenner as his lawyer who was one of the best in L.A. Being part of a group isn't the same as being the MAN. The MOB has people who do different things but each person isn't necessarily big time like that and Morris Levy wasn't a big time drug dealer if he was a drug dealer at all. Music was his hustle.

Harry-O was a millionaire at 26(not from music like Morris Levy) and making investments in Real estate(not a few houses), businesses and entertainment. He even helped ice cube make "players club". He's out now and will make more moves probably.

BTW, SKJ I know you like this type of stuff so you should check this out:
http://crimefile.servertalk.in/crimefile-ftopic235-0-asc-0.html

"As for MCA's ties which were directly tied to Harris's rise. During the 80s, the Organized Crime Strike Force while investigating mob influence in Hollywood, uncovered a CIA link that they believed was directly tied to the Iran-Contra affair. Investigators were curious why Lew Wasserman MCA's notoriously frugal boss was paying Northstar Graphics "a company run by Edward Sciandra," double the shipping rate to transport its videocassettes. The investigation turned up evidence that MCA had also paid Northstar Graphics $500,000 for reasons unknown. Subsequent articles and books have placed Wasserman's reasoning as services rendered by the mob in a family matter or proof of the mob's strength and power. The strike force however noted that MCA's Gene Giaquinto was tied not only to Sciandra but Robert Booth Nichols a shady character with ties to the CIA and Reagan Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense General Richard Secord.

There's no need to recount the entire Contra scandal here but the drugs delivered to Harris, Bo Bennett, Freeway Rick, Whitey Robertson, Michael Ector and other gang related drug traffickers came from this source. And so as you can imagine, the reasoning for Harris's success in securing permission to organize, launch and run Deathrow from a California prison is fairly apparent. There is alot more to this story that I'll have to link from a separate document I've written on the hands behind Deathrow that were exposed during the Shakur murder but the media again has not picked up on to any great degree."

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
There is a reason you won't see a big time drug dealer in hip hop. It's because his ass will have the police watching him and he would never get to that point and if he's smart he would just be an executive or private investor to the company he started up not BE THE RAPPER that has all eyes on him unless he is a retard. If you have smarts and heart to become a kingpin you want POWER not FAME. POWER brings FAME BUT FAME doesn't bring POWER.

what about master p?

I don't think Lawrence Goodman was on Harry-O's level though. Harry-O had the west coast, part of down south and the east coast on lock. To me that is a Kingpin, when you have shops in different spots and moving at least hundreds of kilos a month. Doing good isn't the same thing. Also, Harry-O made that Deathrow deal when he was locked up which really gives him the kingpin status.

philly is like the 1st to do everything in hip-hop, all the way down to the 1st rap record.

and we dont get credit for chit.

ItalianoCAC

Spaghetti Slurping WOP
Daps
Reppin
South Philly...all day everyday!
irrelevant but interesting tidbit.

Joey Merlino (Philly mob boss) got RAM Squad signed and put on BET back in 2000.

I can even begin to pinpoint what kind of business they were doing prior to that, because Merlino and RAM Squad were involved for awhile since the mid 90's (Joey Merlino stayed passing turkey out in the projects with RAM Squad in the 90's...the media called dude "The Hip Hop Don") because Im pretty sure them Richard Allen dudes were getting their drugs from Kaboni Savage.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what about master p?

philly is like the 1st to do everything in hip-hop, all the way down to the 1st rap record.

and we dont get credit for chit.

Was he Big time drug dealer that came into the game? From what I remember he had a record store called no limit from the money he inherited form his grandfather and went on from there NOT being big in the game, needed to retire and wanted to start rapping.

That is bullshyt at least from me, because philly gets major props from the having some of the best rappers, to knowing how to dress, to have some of the best DJ's to come into the rap game. Philly was the shyt to me, now I don't know but them nikkas could still rhyme their asses off they just ain't saying anything but how many nikkas they could kill and how much coke they sell.

ItalianoCAC

Spaghetti Slurping WOP
Daps
Reppin
Now Im thinking about what Ram Squad and the Philly mob were doing together in the 90's :ohhh:

I know the mob was doing their street tax shyt on anyone doing anything illegal all over philly except north and west, if I was a betting man, I'd put money on RAM Squad getting that coke from Kaboni Savage.....

Im pretty positive RAM Squad and Joey Merlino were doing nothing drug related, but they were most definitely involved with each other...Savage ran that shyt, or whatever JBM leftover was above him in the 90's was....so what the fukk were they doing? :ohhh:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now Im thinking about what Ram Squad and the Philly mob were doing together in the 90's :ohhh:

I know the mob was doing their street tax shyt on anyone doing anything illegal all over philly except north and west, if I was a betting man, I'd put money on RAM Squad getting that coke from Kaboni Savage.....

Im pretty positive RAM Squad and Joey Merlino were doing nothing drug related, but they were most definitely involved with each other...Savage ran that shyt, or whatever JBM leftover was above him in the 90's was....so what the fukk were they doing? :ohhh:

He probably was the one who got them their deal or hooked them up with a lawyer who helped get them their deal and they probably met him through someone else. A lot of those people want fame so they just used each other. The mobster as a legit business man and the rappers as being real gangsters.

ItalianoCAC

Spaghetti Slurping WOP
Daps
Reppin
He probably was the one who got them their deal or hooked them up with a lawyer who helped get them their deal and they probably met him through someone else. A lot of those people want fame so they just used each other. The mobster as a legit business man and the rappers as being real gangsters.

yeah but they didnt get that big deal and a video on MTV and BET until 2000....Merlino and RAM Squad were associated with each other since the mid 90's.