Is California a better state to live for black folks than:

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
cali is better if you are established.
if not you much better off in the south.

Breh established people in California are saying fukk it and dipping

The only reason natives are staying are for family reasons

The weather only makes up for so much

Blown Moon

All Star
Daps
That area is the next depot discovery zone of prison industrial economy in America.

So you not escape nuffin.

Nobody in america is tbh moving forward.

ALl of america is racist wack and huff.
like it is revisit of the depression era remixed.
Then seasoned with post indian flu epidemic time and era.
comple e with racist social cues and c00n acts in the year 2024 tho.

Art Barr

I'm well aware of the racial dynamics in this country which is why I said you have to pick where to be a second-class citizen. I don't think Seattle is a utopia, I just like the vibes.

I will research its future role with prisons. I appreciate the heads up.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
can black folks even prosper in california considering how expensive it is to live there?!?:what: all the black folks got squeezed outta san fran, not many black folks in los angeles left... i mean whats the point if its so out of control financially you cannot live there...
SF is such a beautiful city too. The districts of hunters post, Lakeview, Filmoe, were all predominantly black districts of SF that had their own charm amidst the blue collar to poor socio economic class of black folks. San Francisco’s dwindling black population is literally one of the most upsetting things to me. @murksiderock @LunaticVillage415

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
As a native 1st generation black Californian, it’s definitely a wack state if you are just a regular person trying to make it.

Southeast by all metrics is better for black people.

California is just as bigoted and ignorant as any Southern state, it’s just packaged differently
I was talking with my girl about east vs west coast. People on the East Coast tend to be more upfront and direct how they feel about you whereas the West Coast they are more covert about it and play nice more or less. Now mesh that with racism and how covert it can be under a "nice" veil from someone that is supposed to be nice to everyone.

I sort of understand why some folks like 'their racism out in the open'.

Dave Chappelle made a joke about racism in the US and how certain regions package it differently.

I'd say the West Coast is good for Black folks that are in tech, but it seems that the South is an economic strong bet for Black Folks in everything else. Combined with a lower COL and generally a stronger cultural epicenter than that of many spots in the West Coast more Blacks will choose the South.

I can't do Cali, I feel like I would raising sons that are some c00ns lol. I love San Diego, I just cant raise kids there.
No offense but I've met a few c00ns from California. You know the type...the performative Black leftist "ally" for others that are pro everything else BUT the progress of Black folks while their community is getting displaced by other groups.

Not to say that's indicative of all the brothas from the west coast though because I know that's not true, but I've definitely met a few pockets of them. Maybe that West Coast weather got them soft :mjlol:

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
The Mid-Atlantic is a transregional area centered on DC-Bmore and includes peripheral areas connected to the culture or economy of DC-Bmore. That means all or parts of Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania are all Mid-Atlantic....

Objectively it's one of the worst places for Black people in terms of urban crime and high black poverty. Cats wanna discuss the perks of higher representation, black-themed entertainment and black wealth but leave out the flaws. I'd never live in that region again (formerly in Northern Virginia), it's wildly overrated. If I want high cost of living I get better scenery in almost all California than I get in the DMV...
Well damn lol

You used to go up for VA Beach regularly on here what changed your mind?
:pachaha:

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This isn’t true.
Right, they do teach about slavery, but that black folks benefitted off of it.

Niigga I didn’t lie… :what:

They have been talking about Florida and slavery and AP classes for at least 2.5 or three years now.

I don’t know if it passed or not because I don’t live out there, but there is no way I’m lying about that bum ass state

We have never had any bullshyt discussion for our children’s education trying to downplay slavery like Florida.
It did fukking pass, that poster doesnt know what hes talking about.