Cruisin’
image.png

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Accidental child Shootings arent unique to FL?
Nothing you posted is unique to Florida. Have you talked to Oakland brothers? East Oakland? Deep East? You have cities in CA where black ppl make up a smaller percentage yet make up the largest percentage in categories including:

Homelessness
Homicides
Unemployment

:dahell:
Homelessness isnt an "issue" in FL because cities have criminalized it. And you know that if youre from down here...

You literally cant have tents in Miami, Broward/Lauderdale and now Orlando:

Im sure other cities have adopted similar measures.
We cant even get accurate crime statistics from FL cause they cook the numbers like they did COVID.

But his statement rests on patchy, incomplete crime data. About half of the agencies that police more than 40% of the state’s population are missing from figures the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) used for a state-wide estimation.

Florida jobs arent being filled cause no one wants to work for bullshyt wages down here, so they rolling back Child labor laws.

:mjlol:Rollback of FL child labor laws? Kids could work more than 30 hours a week during the school year - Florida Phoenix
Be a child and work more than 30 hours a week brehs.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Sohh_lifted Broward has a pop of 2million. Oakland with a pop of about 400,000 had 124 murders to browards 158 murders. What they tell you?

Bruh, we cant even get accurate crime stats in FL :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:DeSantis Claims Florida Crime is at a ‘Record Low.’ But His Data is Incomplete.

But his statement rests on patchy, incomplete crime data. About half of the agencies that police more than 40% of the state’s population are missing from figures the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) used for a state-wide estimation.z

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This means more than 500 police departments in Florida — including most of the largest agencies, like the Miami Police Department, the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office, and the St. Petersburg Police Department — are missing from the national context. Florida’s participation rate is the lowest of any state in the country.

:mjlol::mjlol:@Biscayne

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Bruh, we cant even get accurate crime stats in FL :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:DeSantis Claims Florida Crime is at a ‘Record Low.’ But His Data is Incomplete.

But his statement rests on patchy, incomplete crime data. About half of the agencies that police more than 40% of the state’s population are missing from figures the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) used for a state-wide estimation.z
This means more than 500 police departments in Florida — including most of the largest agencies, like the Miami Police Department, the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office, and the St. Petersburg Police Department — are missing from the national context. Florida’s participation rate is the lowest of any state in the country.

:mjlol::mjlol:@Biscayne
We don’t have to go by DiSantis era Floridas crime rates. Even when Crist was Gov, Broward County never had a homicide rate that surpassed Oakland, Compton, or South Central.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Well damn lol

You used to go up for VA Beach regularly on here what changed your mind?
:pachaha:
I'm still up for Virginia Beach, which is objectively one of the very best places to live black in the US. I'd never move to the DMV area again, is what I was saying...

I still wont rule out a return to The Beach. City to city, very, very few places in this country are competing with it as a strength for places BLACK PEOPLE should live!
Cali is a wash for Black folks. I made my peace with it years ago.
:hubie:
Nah this is false, and I have no idea why so many Southern Californians are slow on this...

The two cities that are the future of Black California are of course Los Angeles, but then Sacramento...

In Sac, the infrastructure is there. Do you know Sacramento has never lost black population in a decennial Census? Alot of yall sleep on Sac for some reason but many other Black Californians know what's up and relocate here. Sac, abd the rebound of Black LA, are the future of Black California....

Oakland has potential, but its suffering from many of the issues San Fran has and is losing black people at an alarming rate. Oakland has more of a framework to work with than SF, but they are in big trouble out there...

I think as long as black folk keep moving to the IE and Bakersfield, they'll in small part help California sustain its blackness as well...

Cities like SF and SD are washed, though. nikkas on here love gassing San Diego but its becoming abundantly clear by the year that it isn't for black people...
Texas and Florida ironically, both have some of the fastest growing black populations in the US. Both states are In the top 5 for black folks. It honestly feels like your beef with both states is based on politically hinged motivatiom and click bait, rather than daily reality. Houston and Dallas have some of the most upwardly mobile black populations in the US. And Broward his blue as fukk and has been blue for 3 decades. And Broward has a visible black middle class. :dead:

And I mean no disrespect. I don’t know one black person in Texas or Florida who’s daily life is fixated on Maga politics or how it effects their day to day life or social mobility.
Yeah Oakland is in major trouble. No recovery in sight...

Let me say this about Texas. Dallas and Houston, especially Houston, are great places for us. Texas as a whole, it has alot of the same issues California has but with worse weather and more crime. We are not advocating for black folk to move to any other place in Texas besides Dallas or Houston. The rest of that shyt is no better than anywhere else...
Nothing you posted is unique to Florida. Have you talked to Oakland brothers? East Oakland? Deep East? You have cities in CA where black ppl make up a smaller percentage yet make up the largest percentage in categories including:

Homelessness
Homicides
Unemployment

:dahell:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
DMV is the best we are going to get if you have a family and career.
I'm going to challenge this every single time...

My money can stretch much further in many places besides the DMV, so if I'm a high earner what would be the appeal of DMV unless it's all I know or I have ties there?

Even if the high cost of living doesn't bother me, why should I choose DMV over The Boroughs or LA or Sac?

Let me be clear, I think the DMV is one of the GOAT places fir us, but saying it is the best place for black people, I dont think there's a "the" best place, just a cluster of places in different tiers...

DMV gets lauded for its dynamism for us and is yet abnormally high in both urban and suburban violence, urban and suburban impoverishment, urban abd suburban school systems, cost of living and an increasing gap between them and "us", hellafied traffic and infrastructure issues, and for many of us the climate and landscape isn't ideal...

There isn't a single place in this country you can't do a pros and cons list for us for. For me, I find the best part of DMV to be The District proper, all the rest of that shyt is fluff and could be anywhere else. Definitely one of the best places for us but just like Atlanta, it gets massively overrated by people who never talk about the flaws of the area...

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We don’t have to go by DiSantis era Floridas crime rates. Even when Crist was Gov, Broward County never had a homicide rate that surpassed Oakland, Compton, or South Central.

Experts said Florida's low participation means it’s nearly impossible to compare Florida’s crime rate to other states, or to compare Florida’s current crime statistics with data from past years. “In order to talk accurately about a problem, we need to be able to define the problem correctly,” said Brendan Lantz, a criminology professor at Florida State University. “And we simply cannot do that with the existing data in Florida.”

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Thats the whole point of this conversation, wtf :russ:Literally MAGA/desantis fukkin FL up is my whole argument.

Experts said Florida's low participation means it’s nearly impossible to compare Florida’s crime rate to other states, or to compare Florida’s current crime statistics with data from past years. “In order to talk accurately about a problem, we need to be able to define the problem correctly,” said Brendan Lantz, a criminology professor at Florida State University. “And we simply cannot do that with the existing data in Florida.”
But we can go by trends and historic data and compare it other areas of the US in terms of trends and historic data. If we go by small independent areas of Broward and Census Designated Places, then of course you’ll find area that are per capita as bad as some of the worst parts of other areas of the US. But the duality of Broward is that, with its large black population, you also have a black middle class with low crime rates that live in close proximity to the high crime areas. Nothing is flat in Broward or Florida in terms of crime and violence. There’s always an opposite neighborhood to the high crime black areas. Even some areas like Lauderhill have parts that are largely regular working middle class suburbs with not much action.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I'm still up for Virginia Beach, which is objectively one of the very best places to live black in the US. I'd never move to the DMV area again, is what I was saying...

I still wont rule out a return to The Beach. City to city, very, very few places in this country are competing with it as a strength for places BLACK PEOPLE should live!

Nah this is false, and I have no idea why so many Southern Californians are slow on this...

The two cities that are the future of Black California are of course Los Angeles, but then Sacramento...

In Sac, the infrastructure is there. Do you know Sacramento has never lost black population in a decennial Census? Alot of yall sleep on Sac for some reason but many other Black Californians know what's up and relocate here. Sac, abd the rebound of Black LA, are the future of Black California....

Oakland has potential, but its suffering from many of the issues San Fran has and is losing black people at an alarming rate. Oakland has more of a framework to work with than SF, but they are in big trouble out there...

I think as long as black folk keep moving to the IE and Bakersfield, they'll in small part help California sustain its blackness as well...

Cities like SF and SD are washed, though. nikkas on here love gassing San Diego but its becoming abundantly clear by the year that it isn't for black people...

Yeah Oakland is in major trouble. No recovery in sight...

Let me say this about Texas. Dallas and Houston, especially Houston, are great places for us. Texas as a whole, it has alot of the same issues California has but with worse weather and more crime. We are not advocating for black folk to move to any other place in Texas besides Dallas or Houston. The rest of that shyt is no better than anywhere else...
This brother tells it like it is with no fluff. @Sohh_lifted

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
When I talk about "best places to live for black people", I have specific criteria I'm basing that on. Everyone's personal criteria varies, but here's mine:

•a large city with a sizable population: I don't believe the best places for Black folk are anywhere rural, because Rural America tends to be cut off from the resources cities have access to. I also don't think smaller cities are the best places either...

Gotta be a city that anchors a metropolitan area of half a million people at minimum. The larger a place is, the more access it has to federal and civic resources, entertainment options, and economic and business opportunities. More access to all of these things is never a bad thing for black people;

•"sizable" black population to me is nuanced. A city like Los Angeles only being ~8% black is still ~320,000 black people. You can't exclusively measure this in percentages, but there has to be alot of black people in said city. I don't want to live anywhere there isn't a lot of Black people, and you know it when you see it;

•my kids are being educated in the public school system. Most cities have shaky systems, however there are those that shine really bright, like here in Raleigh, and in Virginia Beach. We are behind the curve everywhere but a large city with an above average public system is extremely attractive;

•economic mobility for black people: to me this means a diverse range of career opportunities for us, that pay us well relative to national average;

•representation! This shyt is huge, we have to see ourselves in the public positions (police, fire, city/county positions, city council, school board, etc). An area that doesn't have us represented in "everyday" positions is not a good place for us;

•relatively low violent crime. This is also important, especially having kids. These cities that are outta control with the carjackings, that's a negative. Outta control gun violence, negative. It's a major reason why Memphis despite being ~60%+ black, could never be a top place for black folk (ain't the only reason though). This shyt matters;

•relatively low black poverty, ain't no way a city that has a huge chunk of its black citizens living in poverty is great for black people. This also ties into my economic mobility point, which, there's a wealth gap between us and whites everywhere, but the strongest cities for us have that shyt on thinner margins;

•healthy infrastructure. How is the public transit? Healthcare? Primary and secondary education options?

•black-themed culture, in terms of entertainment and arts and media and events and dining abd retail. We gotta have ourselves represented in a city's culture.

These are huge, objective criteria, so call it The Big Nine. Subjectively I can introduce shyt like climate, but we can thrive in any climate so long as most other needs are met. I'm not a fan of long cold winters, I'm not a fan of the general landscape of the Midwest, so for me any places like that are almost instantly axed, but this is entirely subjective. I also like a more diverse city, as I think that enhances the overall worldliness of us as a people, we learn how to relate to and deal with people of a different backgrounds...

I have no desire to live somewhere that's almost exclusively black/white, but again this is subjective and isn't the same for all of us...

So when we define what "best for Black people" means, we can more accurately compare and contrast cities...

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
So to tie that back into the OP, for my criteria the two best cities in California are Los Angeles and Sacramento. And they check off most of these boxes easily...

Are there blacker cities in the South, with stronger representation, that check most of these boxes, too? Sure, but it's not an all or nothing thing for me, everything is nuanced. But this is where I'll take the time to plug the state of North Carolina as the absolute best state for black people...

You have at minimum a half-dozen sizable cities in NC that check nearly all the boxes here. That's a variety of cities for someone to choose from, whereas you have states like Tennessee (Nashville) and Alabama (Huntsville) and Georgia (Atlanta) where there's really just one optimal city for black people. You have states like Mississippi and Arkansas and Louisiana where there are no truly GREAT options for us. Again, the South isn't monolithic...

NC has a variety of cities with enormous black presence, we are well represented both locally and at the state level, we are economically healthy statewide, etc. Most states not fukking with that, and in comparison for California I'd say it's only LA, Sac, and Oakland. We'll see what the rest of this decade brings to Bakersfield and the IE, but they are peripheral at best right now. Almost nowhere has the range of cities the way NC has...

I'm more of a Virginia guy but VA's big cities aren't that great for us outside of The Beach. I just prefer Virginia culture over NC overall...

All three of my daughters are being raised here. Within the next 2 years I'll make my way back to having at least partial residence in Sacramento, if not in full, and this is, in part, inspired by a desire to allow my daughters to experience some variance in their upbringing when they are with me, so that this isn't all they know. But, growing up black in NC, I can tell you it's worse almost anywhere else...

For my money NC is the #1 place for black people but California is still a Top 10 state for us...