Is California a better state to live for black folks than:

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
That was my point. Coli tries to make it a difference between red and blue. Cali native black Americans are telling you it’s al the same.

How can it be all the same when some sections vote for racists
And other sections do not?

Do you think someone who is a straight up racist can get voted in in NY, as happens in Florida?
Would Ron Desantis get voted in in California?

Do you think the school and healthcare system is the same?

The white people are different
The education of the populace is different

The voting patterns are different

No, it is not all the same

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
How can it be all the same when some sections vote for racists
And other sections do not?

Do you think someone who is a straight up racist can get voted in in NY, as happens in Florida?
Would Ron Desantis get voted in in California?

Do you think the school and healthcare system is the same?

The white people are different
The education of the populace is different

The voting patterns are different

No, it is not all the same
It doesn’t matter what I say. Native black American Californians in this thread have told you what it is. :hubie:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
This is using METRO MIAMI just FYI:
  • Median wealth for white households was estimated at $107,000. In contrast, Puerto Rican households had negative median wealth (-$3,940). South Americans and U.S. blacks had a fraction of the wealth of white households, at $1,200 and $3,700, respectively.
  • The median value of liquid assets for U.S. blacks and Puerto Ricans was only $11 and $200, respectively. The median value of liquid assets among Caribbean blacks and South Americans was around $2,000 and for Cubans, it was $3,200. Other Latinx households had liquid assets of $5,000. White households had a substantially higher median value of liquid assets at $10,750.

Central FL https://law.famu.edu/newsroom/COMMUNITY IMPACT.pdf

The 2022 Community Health Need Assessment created by the Central Florida Collaborative — a group of local organizations that work to meet health and community needs — found that while white people make up 63.6% of Orange County's population and Black residents make up 20.9%, more than 24.3% of area Black residents live in poverty, compared with just 13.3% of the region's white population. Further, three of the four counties in Central Florida (Orange, Seminole and Lake) have a poverty rate for Black residents near or above 25%, while 15.7% of Osceola County's Black population lives in poverty, per the report. Meanwhile, 16% of Florida's population is Black, of which 28.6% is living in poverty, according to the Central Florida Collaborative, which is made up of AdventHealth;
Rural Floridians are poor. Yeah. I know. You think black ppl in CA are just way better off because it’s blue state. While native black Californians are telling you the opposite.

2 one 3

wavy
Daps
Reppin
Westside
Rural Floridians are poor. Yeah. I know. You think black ppl in CA are just way better off because it’s blue state. While native black Californians are telling you the opposite.

The cost of living is more here in California. Yes, but your earning potential is 10 times that of the busted ass south.

perhaps out of all the southern states, Florida and Mississippi are the most ass backwards when it comes to just decency, and a right to live a fair life or Black people. fukk living in the south, and that cloud of white supremacy.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
The cost of living is more here in California. Yes, but your earning potential is 10 times that of the busted ass south.

perhaps out of all the southern states, Florida and Mississippi are the most ass backwards when it comes to just decency, and a right to live a fair life or Black people. fukk living in the south, and that cloud of white supremacy.
Praytell, who is supreme in California? Which race? :jbhmm:

2 one 3

wavy
Daps
Reppin
Westside
Praytell, who is supreme in California? Which race? :jbhmm:

White supremacy is a global problem.

To be real I don’t know if we can go anywhere anywhere on this earth to escape it. But what I do know, for a fact is that you can earn much more money here on the West Coast as opposed to the standard of living in Florida or anywhere down south.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
This a thread made for me, @Biscayne you shoulda tagged me...

I'm gonna double back to the comment that the Mid-Atlantic is the best place for black people, but when asking questions like this, we have to define two things:

1, what does "best for Black people" mean, and 2, the drawbacks of black citizens are experienced nationwide, from cities that are 3% black to cities that are 80% black. So you pick your poison and decide whose issues are more tolerable....

There is no Utopia of Black Perfection in the United States...however there are places that are just better than others...

If all things were equal, meaning a static cost of living nationwide, equal representation relative to populations, etc, California would be the best place in the country with no close second. Since we know there is variance, I'll attack it this way first:

I would take California over any southern state besides NC and maybe Florida and Virginia, that's it. And I'm including the Census-designated South here, which includes Maryland. Now, if we break it down to cities vs cities, it makes more realistic comparisons as no states are monolithic across the board...

Most of the South sucks on a statewide level. Texas, just no. Mississippi is likely the worst place for black people in the entire country. I can keep going state by state, I've been to em all down south except Florida, which is why I left them open as potentially better for us. The only southern state I'd definitively place over California is North Carolina, Virginia as a possible...

So any notion that "the South" in and of itself is greater than Cali for us----->flat out no...

The Mid-Atlantic is a transregional area centered on DC-Bmore and includes peripheral areas connected to the culture or economy of DC-Bmore. That means all or parts of Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania are all Mid-Atlantic....

Objectively it's one of the worst places for Black people in terms of urban crime and high black poverty. Cats wanna discuss the perks of higher representation, black-themed entertainment and black wealth but leave out the flaws. I'd never live in that region again (formerly in Northern Virginia), it's wildly overrated. If I want high cost of living I get better scenery in almost all California than I get in the DMV...

I also get better weather in Cali, no snow, no freezing temps, etc. I get to educate my kids in a few strong public school systems. I'll put it like this...

Baltimore isn't my cup of tea, never has been, been several times. One of the worst public school systems nationally, one of the most violent cities nationally, one if the highest rates of black poverty nationally, and plenty of corruption in the local politics. Aesthetically almost every neighborhood looks the same. It has great infrastructure and a ton of black people, but just too many flaws. I'd choose Sacramento 10/10 without even blinking, which is strong in the areas Baltimore is weak in, and in its black golden era...

The black population of Sacramento is large enough that you can find plenty of communities of representation to live amongst "us", if that's what you want. And it's actually a growing city while the overall population, and black population, in Baltimore is in decline...

That's just Sac, there's ZERO probability of me taking Baltimore over Los Angeles...

Washington is different because it's Baltimore with federal money, which means better looking neighborhoods, more avenues of opportunity, etc. And DC's housing stock and landscape and architecture is just way more pleasing to the eyes, with way more things to do than in Baltimore. So I'd live in The District proper, but none of the surrounding areas, and certainly nowhere in Maryland...

I've got my daughters with me, I got back to Raleigh yesterday so I'll tap into this thread later tonight when I have more time!

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
White supremacy is a global problem.

To be real I don’t know if we can go anywhere anywhere on this earth to escape it. But what I do know, for a fact is that you can earn much more money here on the West Coast as opposed to the standard of living in Florida or anywhere down south.
How are my smart coli brothers missing the point? Yes you earn more in Ca. Because you better!! Earn more in Ca. It’s more expensive. More: “just earn more money” neo con bootstrap talk

2 one 3

wavy
Daps
Reppin
Westside
How are my smart coli brothers missing the point? Yes you earn more in Ca. Because you better!! Earn more in Ca. It’s more expensive. More: “just earn more money” neo con bootstrap talk

Iol…

I failed to see any benefit you have in the south compared to California…

Your potential to make more money is out in California…

You have access to the ocean in California, and you are not landlocked…

What benefit would I have leaving Cali for dusty ass Florida???

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
perhaps out of all the southern states, Florida and Mississippi are the most ass backwards when it comes to just decency, and a right to live a fair life or Black people. fukk living in the south,
:mjlol:

Cuh I'm in Florida right now. The entire side of my town is nothing but Black Americans and Caribbean people. That actually own their homes unlike you Cali mfers who are getting banged on by Mexicans and driven out of the state in alarming numbers.My state attorney was Black. My police chief was Black. My county mayor is Black. Stop it

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
This a thread made for me, @Biscayne you shoulda tagged me...

I'm gonna double back to the comment that the Mid-Atlantic is the best place for black people, but when asking questions like this, we have to define two things:

1, what does "best for Black people" mean, and 2, the drawbacks of black citizens are experienced nationwide, from cities that are 3% black to cities that are 80% black. So you pick your poison and decide whose issues are more tolerable....

There is no Utopia of Black Perfection in the United States...however there are places that are just better than others...

If all things were equal, meaning a static cost of living nationwide, equal representation relative to populations, etc, California would be the best place in the country with no close second. Since we know there is variance, I'll attack it this way first:

I would take California over any southern state besides NC and maybe Florida and Virginia, that's it. And I'm including the Census-designated South here, which includes Maryland. Now, if we break it down to cities vs cities, it makes more realistic comparisons as no states are monolithic across the board...

Most of the South sucks on a statewide level. Texas, just no. Mississippi is likely the worst place for black people in the entire country. I can keep going state by state, I've been to em all down south except Florida, which is why I left them open as potentially better for us. The only southern state I'd definitively place over California is North Carolina, Virginia as a possible...

So any notion that "the South" in and of itself is greater than Cali for us----->flat out no...

The Mid-Atlantic is a transregional area centered on DC-Bmore and includes peripheral areas connected to the culture or economy of DC-Bmore. That means all or parts of Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania are all Mid-Atlantic....

Objectively it's one of the worst places for Black people in terms of urban crime and high black poverty. Cats wanna discuss the perks of higher representation, black-themed entertainment and black wealth but leave out the flaws. I'd never live in that region again (formerly in Northern Virginia), it's wildly overrated. If I want high cost of living I get better scenery in almost all California than I get in the DMV...

I also get better weather in Cali, no snow, no freezing temps, etc. I get to educate my kids in a few strong public school systems. I'll put it like this...

Baltimore isn't my cup of tea, never has been, been several times. One of the worst public school systems nationally, one of the most violent cities nationally, one if the highest rates of black poverty nationally, and plenty of corruption in the local politics. Aesthetically almost every neighborhood looks the same. It has great infrastructure and a ton of black people, but just too many flaws. I'd choose Sacramento 10/10 without even blinking, which is strong in the areas Baltimore is weak in, and in its black golden era...

The black population of Sacramento is large enough that you can find plenty of communities of representation to live amongst "us", if that's what you want. And it's actually a growing city while the overall population, and black population, in Baltimore is in decline...

That's just Sac, there's ZERO probability of me taking Baltimore over Los Angeles...

Washington is different because it's Baltimore with federal money, which means better looking neighborhoods, more avenues of opportunity, etc. And DC's housing stock and landscape and architecture is just way more pleasing to the eyes, with way more things to do than in Baltimore. So I'd live in The District proper, but none of the surrounding areas, and certainly nowhere in Maryland...

I've got my daughters with me, I got back to Raleigh yesterday so I'll tap into this thread later tonight when I have more time!
Good shyt. I look forward to more posts.