Is #BlackLivesMatter Leading Nowhere?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps

If it takes some lames who hate black women to get them to abandon the black community then they are weak or secretly wanted white men all along.

Many of us who want to see the black community rise has had moments of being slighted by our own. The difference being that we are smart enough to know that abandoning the black community will not fix our problems and we do not want to kiss white ass.

Last edited:

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
1st off thanks for all the jewels yall cats drop in this thread. My question is do you think BLM is the reason for the increased police scrutiny ? I personally think that's the only positive from their "movement"

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

Its because their version of economic empowerment is myopic and only tied to America, but I get what he is saying concerning those arguments.

America isn't the only source to get a loan or build anything. They are using old 20th century academic arguments that really only apply within the scope of this country and not the fully globalized world.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Its because their version of economic empowerment is myopic and only tied to America, but I get what he is saying concerning those arguments.

America isn't the only source to get a loan or build anything. They are using old 20th century academic arguments that really only apply within the scope of this country and not the fully globalized world.
I doubt they have one.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
So y'all got these weirdos even in the UK?

There are a lot of ''wanna be down'' people in the UK who find American Black Twitter fascinating and feel left out. You can be assured whatever is popping in the Black America has a local equivalent in Canada and the UK. It's embarrasing because both communities have their own local issues to deal but would rather attention whore and jump on American bandwagons.

Example: America has Khalid Muhammad, UK has Leo Muhammad :comeon:

Only difference is, you look like a clown when you freely MIGRATE to a white country and then scream about white supremacy.

@ 0:15 secs ''When did you recognise that I am a human being? Is it when they wrote in the American constitution that I am only 3/5ths of a human being?'' :heh:

But you're not American. The American Constitution doesn't apply to you.

nick-young-confused-face.jpg

.....Be Farrakhan lite instead of having your own identity brehs

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
There are a lot of ''wanna be down'' people in the UK who find American Black Twitter fascinating and feel left out. You can be assured whatever is popping in the Black America has a local equivalent in Canada and the UK. It's embarrasing because both communities have their own local issues to deal but would rather attention whore and jump on American bandwagons.

Example: America has Khalid Muhammad, UK has Leo Muhammad :comeon:

Only difference is, you look like a clown when you freely MIGRATE to a white country and then scream about white supremacy.

@ 0:15 secs ''When did you recognise that I am a human being? Is it when they wrote in the American constitution that I am only 3/5ths of a human being?'' :heh:

But you're not American. The American Constitution doesn't apply to you.

nick-young-confused-face.jpg

.....Be Farrakhan lite instead of having your own identity brehs

Silliest thing I ever witnessed.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Silliest thing I ever witnessed.

Right?

There's nothing wrong with being influenced and inspired by others and indeed showing solidarity, but when you copy whatever's popping without regard to local context then you're not interested in solutions. You just want some attention.

Thankfully there are some good local organisations here who do fantastic work.