Is #BlackLivesMatter Leading Nowhere?

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Ehhh I see every demographic of Black women posting and retweeting Black girl magic, Black lives matters and feminist quotes and its growing and en vogue. If you are talking disparaging Black men to fetishize other men then I don't see that but the swirling is only a part of why that kind of ideology is an impediment to progress....i.e. you can genuinely love the opposite sex but if you think they are oppressing you it makes it harder to build a unified movement against a far greater oppressor or build alternative systems to circumvent said oppressions.

:yes:

Man, I'm embarrassed that I ever felt this movement could have any positive outcomes.

All that energy ended up being wasted on NOTHING....:wow:

The black movement being led by tumblr Bell Hooks intersectional queer-trans-quadgendered centric nonsense....:scust:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Don't really see it IRL outside of an academic setting and I work with young people from middle school to high school. I don't think social media is a good barometer to measure something like this.
It definitely is gaining traction offline. I question wearing my black girls are magic shirts now. :patrice:

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
It definitely is gaining traction offline. I question wearing my black girls are magic shirts now. :patrice:
Must depend on the region because I don't see it anywhere in numbers outside of a few college campuses. And even if it is a "thing" in some places, I don't think it's gonna last. There have been movements and campaigns way more important than this that eventually ran out of steam

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Must depend on the region because I don't see it anywhere in numbers outside of a few college campuses. And even if it is a "thing" in some places, I don't think it's gonna last. There have been movements and campaigns way more important than this that eventually ran out of steam
I don't even think it's a movement, I honestly believe now that it's an ideology.

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
I don't even think it's a movement, I honestly believe now that it's an ideology.
I guess we'll have to see how much it takes hold. I personally don't see it gaining traction outside of a loud minority. Plus, we should look at the way men react. that will be a big part if this thing has legs

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
It's like Alex Jones. It's a loud minority that has somewhat of a zealot following. The problem is in any pro black function this gay/gender/anti masculine/anti black men following will linger around to sow division and confusion. My question is for these clowns is that if they were so pro black where we're they when NOI with the Black Panthers had an armed showdown with the white supremacist miltia BAIR in South Dallas? Or when those white supremacist were getting their asses kicked by black people in Kings Mountain Georgia? Or last year at Charleston when black folks were whupping those white confederate faggoes asses? Exactly they are college educated clowns with a liberal arts degree who has are put of touch with black folks.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
It's like Alex Jones. It's a loud minority that has somewhat of a zealot following. The problem is in any pro black function this gay/gender/anti masculine/anti black men following will linger around to sow division and confusion. My question is for these clowns is that if they were so pro black where we're they when NOI with the Black Panthers had an armed showdown with the white supremacist miltia BAIR in South Dallas? Or when those white supremacist were getting their asses kicked by black people in Kings Mountain Georgia? Or last year at Charleston when black folks were whupping those white confederate faggoes asses? Exactly they are college educated clowns with a liberal arts degree who has are put of touch with black folks.

Notice how the #blacklivesmatter advocates don't want to answer these questions. :jbhmm:

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
I'm just going to say it outright: if you're a gay black person who doesn't view him/herself as black first, you CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be at the front of any black empowerment movement. And I'll go a step further and say such gay black person is an imminent liability to any battle against white supremacy.

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
How do you feel about men being apart of the movement or following the ideology?
I don't want this to be a long post, but if it is, fukk it. I don't mind men being apart of any movement that sees the quality of life for black women elevated. Black feminism itself has it's roots in calling for the building of coalitions between black men and women. But in the tweets I've read here and other social media posts, I don't see the willingness by these modern "Black feminist" to build coalitions with brothers. And I don't see these women doing the work that was done by feminists who came before them. What I do see are women using their gender as a source of contention to be divisive.

Some of them write some good "think-pieces" and have surface level tweets that appear to do no harm, but the animosity, mistrust, and disrespect for men of their race is there couched in literary pose and many men have become hip to it and have been turned off by anything some of these women have to say. How can you express the desire to build within the community when you mistrust, dislike, and disrespect the other half of your race? Maria Stewart, Patricia Hill Collins, Sojourner Truth ( A woman many feminists take their cues from because of her speech "Ain't I a woman?) Bell Hooks, and others always made sure to point out the root cause of Black women's oppression; White supremacy, and white male patriarchy. But the women today don't want to change the system, they want to join it and they want the benefits of it. The utter hypocrisy on the part of these women is why most people won't take it seriously. They aren't true "black feminists" and only use the label as a way to divide on the basis of gender.

I've seen the way they go at other black women who disagree with them and nothing about them gives you the impression that they want to empower black women.

Last edited:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I don't want this to be a long post, but if it is, fukk it. I don't mind men being apart of any movement that sees the quality of life for black women elevated. Black feminism itself has it's roots in calling for the building of coalitions between black men and women. But in the tweets I've read here and other social media posts, I don't see the willingness by these modern "Black feminist" to build coalitions with brothers. And I don't see these women doing the work that was done by feminists who came before them. What I do see are women using their gender as a source of contention to be divisive.

Some of them write some good "think-pieces" and have surface level tweets that appear to do no harm, but the animosity, mistrust, and disrespect for men of their race is there couched in literary pose and many men have become hip to it and have been turned off by anything some of these women have to say. How can you express the desire to build within the community when you mistrust, dislike, and disrespect the other half of your race? Maria Stewart, Patricia Hill Collins, Sojourner Truth ( A woman many feminists take their cues from because of her speech "Ain't I a woman?) Bell Hooks, and others always made sure to point out the root cause of Black women's oppression; White supremacy, and white male patriarchy. But the women today don't want to change the system, they want to join it and they want the benefits of it. The utter hypocrisy on the part of these women is why most people won't take it seriously. They aren't true "black feminists" and only use the label as a way to divide on the basis of gender.

I've seen the way they go at other black women who disagree with them and nothing about them gives you the impression that they want to empower black women.
Well said I 100% agree. In academic circles you will see this a lot, they use the same jargon and sociological terms. They don't think beyond their own ideas and I don't even think they are capable of it. I mean, how many critical race theorists and sociologists do we really need as a community? All the black women I've "networked" with who tend to lean towards these divisive beliefs have been mostly in the sociology phD areas. They're the ones influencing impressionable undergrad girls.