Is #BlackLivesMatter Leading Nowhere?

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Well said I 100% agree. In academic circles you will see this a lot, they use the same jargon and sociological terms. They don't think beyond their own ideas and I don't even think they are capable of it. I mean, how many critical race theorists and sociologists do we really need as a community? All the black women I've "networked" with who tend to lean towards these divisive beliefs have been mostly in the sociology phD areas. They're the ones influencing impressionable undergrad girls.

In the academic world, it's nothing but mental masturbation without real world application. And they're able to get away with it because those subjects are categorized under "women's studies"; and within a larger framework of psychology and sociology. The black women who I've encountered who are active in their community don't express those ideals and don't harbor the feelings of black men that some of these women harbor.

If so many dudes on this site and other places weren't so adverse to learning and reading about this subject, they would be able to have an understanding of the ideology and find ways to engage and dismantle the arguments that so many of these women have that are contradictory to the ideology's original premise. But Like I said, I don't encounter them often outside an academic setting. But it's always good to be armed with the knowledge.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Notice how the #blacklivesmatter advocates don't want to answer these questions. :jbhmm:

This thread has shown alot of them aren't real activists. They just tweet,blog and vlog in the safety of their suburban communities. They are out of touch with black people.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets

(tweet deleted but it was something about not minding being fetishized or something.

Apple Music host/DJ :mjpls:

gender war was crazy this weekend with the #NoWomanEver hashtag too

News about #nowomanever on Twitter

oh one more

Why are black women loyal to black men? bytch get your white man and move on. These hoes annoy me.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
these feelings arent just materializing out of thin air
I understand that and I'm not saying those feelings are invalid. But do you really think that it's productive to tout yourself as an activist for the community when you harbor those feelings for half of it? I'd feel the same way if a black man was saying and doing the same thing.