Is #BlackLivesMatter Leading Nowhere?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
So you are trying to make the argument Blacks worth 100 Million + & Black Billionaires dont exist? Lets define what "Real Money" is first before we have this convo.

No, I'm saying 100 million dollars is nothing when talking "building infrastructure. "

Mark Zuckerberg throwing up satellites over Africa is a display of real money at work. Bill Gates creating his own school curriculum to force upon public schools is a display of real money. Apple and Google building mini cities or campuses is real money.

The social programs of post-war Europe and America that transformed White middle classes of those countries cost exponentially more than Oprah, Bob Johnson, etc have combined in liquid.

There are Blacks in these fields

No, not really. A few in a field is not some evidence we are well represented in those fields.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Banking, agricultural engineering, solar engineering, city planning, economics, GIS, any and all forms of coding are just a few that stick out in my mind.
Didn't you say a few months back that blacks should get into 3D printing?

Anyways I believe agriculture and is among the easiest for black people in my opinion.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
No, I'm saying 100 million dollars is nothing when talking "building infrastructure. "

Mark Zuckerberg throwing up satellites over Africa is a display of real money at work. Bill Gates creating his own school curriculum to force upon public schools is a display of real money. Apple and Google building mini cities or campuses is real money.

The social programs of post-war Europe and America that transformed White middle classes of those countries cost exponentially more than Oprah, Bob Johnson, etc have combined in liquid.

No, not really. A few in a field is not some evidence we are well represented in those fields.

Here's the thing though, you are skipping over the building process that created the capital Zuckerberg and Gates have. You are dismissing Blacks not being able to do something because they have no money to do it yet ignoring Zuckerberg and Gates were once in a position of having little to nothing and going to a process to create. If a College Dropout can create something that created the wealth he has now, why is it far fetched to believe a Black Educated person with Middle Class Income or a Black Billionaire can not do the same with the correct strategy?

And using your example of naming Bill Gates and Zuckerberg, you do not need Blacks to Flood specific industries, we need the blacks who are in these industries already to take initiative.

We keep doing this "well we need folks who will do this" excuse as to why we arent doing something. You have Blacks in all fields RIGHT NOW, so why are we using this "we need our children to go get educated in so and so" excuse? Maybe it boils down to some of you are running in the wrong circles thus you thing these people do not exist?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Isn't Oprah building schools in South Africa a good example of infrastructure? At least on a small scale?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Here's the thing though, you are skipping over the building process that created the capital Zuckerberg and Gates have. You are dismissing Blacks not being able to do something because they have no money to do it yet ignoring Zuckerberg and Gates were once in a position of having little to nothing and going to a process to create.

Both Gates and Zuckerberg came from money, breh.

And most White wealth was subsidized by the government. This "try harder" narrative because "people aint doing" is well off the mark.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Isn't Oprah building schools in South Africa a good example of infrastructure? At least on a small scale?

She built a school, yes, but there is a reason it was built in South Africa and not America. And even still, that one school didn't put a dent in the porous and racial unequal schools in South Africa, now did it?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Elaborate?

Because if my drawing/physical artistic skills were beyond impressive I would buy a 3D printer in a heart beat.

3D printers essentially have the ability to eliminate the need for the type of factories/manual labor we see now so you can pretty much Automate the creation of anything by simply creating an algorithm.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Elaborate?

Because if my drawing/physical artistic skills were beyond impressive I would buy a 3D printer in a heart beat.

3d printing potentially allows consumers to seize the means of productions by using obtainable materials to create goods that would otherwise be exclusive to manufacturers.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Both Gates and Zuckerberg came from money, breh.

And most White wealth was subsidized by the government. This "try harder" narrative because "people aint doing" is well off the mark.

So Blacks who come from money are incapable of creating profitable ideas?

And quote me saying someone needs to "try harder"?

As I stated initially we have "successful" Blacks who are content with having a space in white supremacy opposed to disrupting the system.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
So Blacks who come from money are incapable of creating profitable ideas?.

Who said this? You're being highly disingenuous to paint the pictures that there is even a considerable amount of Blacks with money to back any of the stuff you think it is Blacks should be doing.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
3D printers essentially have the ability to eliminate the need for the type of factories/manual labor we see now so you can pretty much Automate the creation of anything by simply creating an algorithm.
3d printing potentially allows consumers to seize the means of productions by using obtainable materials to create goods that would otherwise be exclusive to manufacturers.

Meaning we basically become our own producers. Isn't this what Karl Marx wanted or meant?