Is #BlackLivesMatter Leading Nowhere?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
They get away with this because nobody else black is producing anything tangible thus they can make claims and create the narrative these people are doing something. If there was a class of Blacks producing and creating then BLM would be a non factor. All of the debating at this point is pointless as neither sides our showing results thus its easy for anyone who is speaking something different than the BLM narrative to be dismissed as a "hotep" since they are essentially just talk, no matter if what they are saying is valid or not.
To be honest this is where I think Tariq Nasheed and others like him cam come into play. But to be honest I heard Tariq doesn't consider himself a "leader."

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I`m not speaking about why there is no counter movement, I`m speaking about the fact that there isn't one thus the machine can create the BLM narrative and promote it as if it was fact.

The thing is a movement wouldn't be needed in a world where Black folk could bankroll ideas that don't benefit White supremacy.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
To be honest this is where I think Tariq Nasheed and others like him cam come into play. But to be honest I heard Tariq doesn't consider himself a "leader."

At the end of the day we as men and women should all be coming into play. We don't need leaders, those who have achieved something should be mentoring younger people but we don't need anyone to lead per say. Once we have have a collective of those doing something on the back in then we can have "Spokespeople". For example we all love Malcolm X but he was not a leader, he was the spokesperson of a movement (The NOI). We do not need to focus on leadership because then you run the risk of cult like acts where people worship the leaders and cant think without them.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
At the end of the day we as men and women should all be coming into play. We don't need leaders, those who have achieved something should be mentoring younger people but we don't need anyone to lead per say. Once we have have a collective of those doing something on the back in then we can have "Spokespeople". For example we all love Malcolm X but he was not a leader, he was the spokesperson of a movement (The NOI). We do not need to focus on leadership because then you run the risk of cult like acts where people worship the leaders and cant think without them.
Agreed, I've always said in this day and age that we don't need "leaders", but instead an agenda.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The thing is a movement wouldn't be needed in a world where Black folk could bankroll ideas that don't benefit White supremacy.

a movement is needed to initiate the actions that lead to the creation of codes of conduct, plans of action/strategy,infrastructure and institutions. Once that foundation is created then you will have a vehicle that can navigate without outside influence.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
a movement is needed to initiate the actions that lead to the creation of codes of conduct, plans of action/strategy,infrastructure and institutions. Once that foundation is created then you will have a vehicle that can navigate without outside influence.

But it all takes economic incentives to encourage any of this imo which is the hurdle cacs know is their ace.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
But it all takes economic incentives to encourage any of this imo which is the hurdle cacs know is their ace.
At this point anyone who needs an "incentive" to nation build isnt someone worth worrying about or looking to build with. Theres a difference between strategically planning so that what you build becomes profitable and a situation with someone on some "whats in it for me" mentality.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
At this point anyone who needs an "incentive" to nation build isnt someone worth worrying about or looking to build with. Theres a difference between strategically planning so that what you build becomes profitable and a situation with someone on some "whats in it for me" mentality.

Have to disagree.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Have to disagree.
Thats fine. This is a forum for discussion and I'm not in the business of convincing people to do things.

The "whats in it for me" mentality is why we have wealthy blacks in places like the US and Nigeria who we like to brag about what they do as if their pockets = progress for us when majority of them are not building anything.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
The "whats in it for me" mentality is why we have wealthy blacks in places like the US and Nigeria who we like to brag about what they do as if their pockets = progress for us when majority of them are not building anything.

No, not really. The lack of capital for the collective is why only a few make it and even they can't access real $$$ to build real infrastructure.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
No, not really. The lack of capital for the collective is why only a few make it and even they can't access real $$$ to build real infrastructure.

Access to capital and economic incentives to perform an action are two seperate discussions. You will never have a situation where a large number of people build something. If you are waiting for a large number to have access to capital in order to build all I can say is good luck with that.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
No, its not. One (access to capital) is a prerequisite for the other (economic incentives).

And this is where we are disconnecting, Im not talking about or to people who dont have access to capital. You can't sit at a table without chips. Like I said we are having two different convos right now. At this point of the game Im not about to discuss building and how to get a credit score up in the same convo. People who do not have access to capital should not be discussing building until they have capital. If you want to talk how one will or can get capital cool, but that is a totally different convo than one about building. We can agree the convo on how one gets capital is probably the most difficult one to have as there are numerous varaibles and we all have different personal situations.

My point still stands that BLM can do what it does unchecked because there is no counter movement of people actually building.

My point still stands that there are blacks with capital that do exist, but Im not going to beg someone to do something for the greater good.

I do think we have an issue of people without capital wanting to dictate what people with resources should do, and these people without capital tend to lack business sense thus their reccomendations dont make "sense" economically.

At the end of the day we are all at different stages in life, so for me and my colleagues our focus isnt on how to access capital but more so increase what we have and increase it via building. Thats a different convo than discussing the situation of a joe blow who has nothing. Joe Blow can get advice on how to potentially do something to access capital but joe blow shouldnt be thinking about building until he builds himself.