Is #BlackLivesMatter Leading Nowhere?

Daps
Reppin
X
No surprise black lives matter leaders are "black feminists" and lesbians/gays. :sas2:

I wonder what the employment statistics are for gay blacks. I wonder if it's higher than non gay blacks :ohhh:
I don't follow or know much about the BLM movement and I'm not on twitter, but I do have info on those stats. Here you go, friend.
  • In all, there are an estimated 5.4 million LGBT workers in the United States, of which 1.8 million are people of color.

• The geographic distribution of LGBT workers of color mirrors that of people of color as a whole: Census Data show LGBT people of color are more likely to live in areas with significant numbers of other people of color.
  • Large numbers of LGBT workers of color are raising children:Data from the 2010 Census show that LGBT people of color are more likely to be raising children than white LGBT people. MAP estimates that between 780,000 and 1.1 million children are being raised by LGBT people of color.

• LGBT youth of color are at high risk of becoming homeless: An estimated 20-40% of homeless youth in the U.S. identify as LGBT or believe they may be LGBT. Research also shows that African American and Native American young people are overrepresented among LGBT homeless youth, as well as the broader homeless population. One study found that among homeless youth who identify as gay or lesbian, 44% identified as black and 26% as Latino.

• LGBT workers of color are at significant risk of being unemployed: LGBT people of color have higher rates of unemployment compared to non-LGBT people of color...black LGBT people, are at a much higher risk of poverty than non-LGBT people. For example, black same-sex couples have poverty rates at least twice the rate of black opposite-sex married couples (18% vs. 8%).
New Report: LGBT Workers of Color are Among the Most Disadvantaged - National Center for Lesbian Rights

Once employed, gay and transgender people of color still earn less than their heterosexual and white gay and transgender counterparts.
The average Latina/ Hispanic lesbian couple earns $3,000 less than Latino/Hispanic opposite-sex couples. Although black same-sex male couples earn an average income on par with black opposite-sex couples, it is still more than $20,000 less than white same-sex male couples. Black lesbian couples face an even greater economic disparity, earning $10,000 less than black same-sex male couples.

The State of Gay and Transgender Communities of Color in 2012
I get that it's easy formula for daps throwing "black feminist + sweeping negative generalization +:mjpls:/ :sas2:" into a post or making slick comments about homosexuals.

It's also reductive and makes the Root look like the Locker Room 2.0, only with Dead Prez or Black Star playing softly in the background.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
"1.8 million are people of color"

How many are Black? Now divide that by 44 million :camby:

"Although black same-sex male couples earn an average income on par with black opposite-sex couples, it is still more than $20,000 less than white same-sex male couples. Black lesbian couples face an even greater economic disparity, earning $10,000 less than black same-sex male couples."

Can we get raw numbers and a median? :heh:

@Brehsbian Get this shyt out of here:dahell:

afterlife2009

Superstar
Daps

I hate when people group black people into "People of Color" or "minorities" -- as if Hispanics or Asians went / go through the same things we do / did in America. We've been here since the country's inception, built this thing off free labor and fought in every war this country has waged. We're the only people to be classified as 3/5 of a human being and placed in Jim Crow segregation. No other "POC" has the history we do.

We need stop putting ourselves / allowing others to group us into to that category.

Daps
Reppin
X

"Although black same-sex male couples earn an average income on par with black opposite-sex couples, it is still more than $20,000 less than white same-sex male couples. Black lesbian couples face an even greater economic disparity, earning $10,000 less than black same-sex male couples."

Can we get raw numbers and a median? :heh:

@Brehsbian Get this shyt out of here:dahell:
Which is it, do you want more numbers or do you want to cherry pick my post and tell me to leave? :beli: And if you don't want me to post a response to another poster's question about black gay employment rates, then maybe you shouldn't be mentioning gays for easy daps.

Keep cooking, though, this thread is important. Just a shame your penchant for sweeping generalizations and dap baiting reduces the quality of discussion, per usual.

I hate when people group black people into "People of Color" or "minorities" -- as if Hispanics or Asians went / go through the same things we do / did in America. We've been here since the country's inception, built this thing off free labor and fought in every war this country has waged. We're the only people to be classified as 3/5 of a human being and placed in Jim Crow segregation. No other "POC" has the history we do.

We need stop putting ourselves / allowing others to group us into to that category.

I do, too, but there are not that many studies focusing on gay blacks (not transgenders) solely. I did post some numbers, though. Additionally there were more solid stats on black gays at the second link I posted.

The State of Gay and Transgender Communities of Color in 2012

Last edited:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Which is it, do you want more numbers or do you want to cherry pick my post and tell me to leave?

Post your numbers so I can pick it apart and show the stupidity of centering their issues for 44 million people :dahell:

Just a shame your penchant for sweeping generalizations

call out any "generalization" I made?

Moshe.

All Star
Daps
What people have to understand is that there are people that do and people that don't. The #Blacklivesmatter group are a bunch of useless dykes that could not get a man or retain a man for that matter, so they lump their mentally deficient minds to a Black cause because that is their only defining feature, and a feature about them that they think -- based on history -- is a way of making them (i.e., the individuals that make up the group) important. That their lives will mean something.

These people don't care about Black people at all. They are selfish, stupid, dykes that are pretty much worthless as individuals and worthless as partners in a stable relationship. I consider their movement a despicable and distasteful movement.

And if you have to take money from a white person to fund your "movement" then it isn't your movement, rather the person funding you.

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
As someone who was there from the start and is friends with the folks yall trying to slander from your living room, you're all full of shyt brehs. They do the work out here every day getting people woke and to vote and helping organize communities that yall nikkas either fukkin up or scared to go back to help out in. None of these folks middle class. None. Deray aint middle class, Netta aint, Larry aint, Britt aint. I make more than most of them combined.

That being said: I'm tired of the marching and the community organizing and all that shyt. They are civil rights workers, which is cool. I'm a black nationalist. I believe in self-defense and protection and enacting justice when the systems fail us. I don't believe in asking racist institutions to investigate racist institutions. That sounds fukking retarded to me. I believe in what this country believes in: fukk with me and we go scorched earth. A police officer kills an innocent black person and no one is immediately arrested? Firebomb the police station. Know which officer it is? Firebomb their house with their family inside. If there's no consequences for their actions besides "some nikkas gonna walk around with signs for week and fukk up traffic for a bit", then there's no reason for them to stop fukking with us. On top of that, its always some c00ns on there talking about forgiveness or inclusion, and the only black voices are the ones considered acceptable, and not necessarily the ones considered right.

Hence this is why I fell back from the movement, for those reasons post-Ferguson.