Is A Different World worth a watch?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah they seem to be largely inactive these days and just working on distributing and remastering some of those valuable properties thats probably why Debbie Allen cant get anything off the ground but I think you are right they might be able to do it without him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Carsey-Werner_Company

Yup. I mean he's not necessary. Truth be told, legally, he's got no ties to it. He created none of the characters, he had an executive producer credit ( I think) and outside of the music, that's all he had a created by credit for. So whatever issues she was dealing with 3 years ago, that's probably that. The reason why things like Full House can continue or things like boy meets world is because its the producers of the show going to these companies and offering them something, not the other way around. Debbie Allen and the producers would need to go to NBC or Netflix and pitch it to them. A different world just hit netflix recently and a lot of their other shows are on there so clearly they have a good relationship with Carsey-Warner so for all we know, maybe something is going down now

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well if he was just the surrogate between the production company and NBC, they don't need him anymore. Carsey-Warner can do what they want sans Cosby.

he was more than the surrogate, but i get what you saying...

anyway: besides cosby, i dont think they've remade the show just cause they dont want to...yea, there are some new shows with black leads, but those are more sitcom like than ADW....ADW had its comedy, but it was more serious and not as goofy like most sitcoms tend to be...

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yup. I mean he's not necessary. Truth be told, legally, he's got no ties to it. He created none of the characters, he had an executive producer credit ( I think) and outside of the music, that's all he had a created by credit for. So whatever issues she was dealing with 3 years ago, that's probably that. The reason why things like Full House can continue or things like boy meets world is because its the producers of the show going to these companies and offering them something, not the other way around. Debbie Allen and the producers would need to go to NBC or Netflix and pitch it to them. A different world just hit netflix recently and a lot of their other shows are on there so clearly they have a good relationship with Carsey-Warner so for all we know, maybe something is going down now
I think BMW was easy all the same producers and since disney owned the show it was nothing for them to put it on the disney channel instead of abc.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was never going to be on ABC now anyway. ABC's demo is completely different than it was when we were kids
Oh I agree like you said network television is so different now with all the major networks owning cable channels for more niche type shows.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Oh I agree like you said network television is so different now with all the major networks owning cable channels for more niche type shows.

Yeah and ABC's main demo is women now, which is perfectly fine, but there's no room for something like girl meets world anymore on network tv. It's either Disney channel or abc family

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah and ABC's main demo is women now, which is perfectly fine, but there's no room for something like girl meets world anymore on network tv. It's either Disney channel or abc family
This probably largely explains why I dont watch alot of new tv shows now.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This probably largely explains why I dont watch alot of new tv shows now.

I think there are a lot of good new shows on tv breh, gotta give them a chance. ABC, despite what I just said, has some pretty good sitcoms on. Then of course there's Hannibal on NBC, then you got flash and arrow holding it down on the CW and some more stuff. There's something for everyone

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don't think that seas1 was trash as everyone thinks. It is a different tone from season 2-4ish but it still is a damn near perfect representation of freshman year..including slacker no direction having Denise.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
So you don't think with the success of black-ish, empire, potentially uncle buck, and the other shows this season with black leads or minority leads in general, it wouldn't get done?
Black people are eager to watch shows with majority black casts...a reboot would do fine.