Is A Different World worth a watch?

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I honestly think they should make a new show out of it instead of that Full House crap Netflix is planning. Could have mad guest appearances from the OG characters and tackle todays black issues.
Debbie Allen was trying to make this happen but I fear that it wont be possible after the whole Bill Cosby mess.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Debbie Allen was trying to make this happen but I fear that it wont be possible after the whole Bill Cosby mess.
sit coms are so different now. would they still do the live studio audience? would it translate? the only comedies today that still do the live audience are the ones on CBS I think. would they need to go the route of something like community or blackish :lupe:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
sit coms are so different now. would they still do the live studio audience? would it translate? the only comedies today that still do the live audience are the ones on CBS I think. would they need to go the route of something like community or blackish :lupe:

I'm not sure that's true doesn't disney have
live audiences. But I think being that its a black show it will never happen since they don't take chances on black shows anylonger. I wonder if netfix would be a good place though not sure who has the rights.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
like others have said: hell yea it's worth watching...the show is entertaining as hell and touches on a lot of issues/topics such as domestic violence, racism, motivation to go to college/better one's self when coming from poverty, etc. that are still prevalent today in the black community....also like others have said: they need a show like this today....

some of yall tripping: a different world is damn good, but it's not better than the cosby show....

anyway, i always had a thing for freddie...i dug her crazy, out there ass...and when i found out the actress did voices for cartoons i watched, that made me dig her even more....hurt me when they straightened her hair in the later season, cause i dug the curly hair....but hell, i wouldve tried knocking a lot of the og cast down....freddie, kim, jelisa, whitney, denise...i wouldve been like ron, trying everybody lol....