Irv Gotti and Ja Rule on The Breakfast Club

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always said VVV shytty on GRODT. GRODT is bored right quick but only Eminen's verses on Patiently Waiting just :wow:. I can listen to VVV over and over again and never get tired of it.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
lol I hate you nikkas, you all were on 50 side when the shyt went down. All of you was bumpin back down talkin bout "this sing song ass nikka ja rule a bytch :pacspit:
i was too. And I never liked ja rule simp ass songs. Not gonna act like I like them now :beli:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't like this bum from the jump. I was a bone Stan and this lame came and took their lane with way shyttier music. Has nothing to do with 50 over here. I was happy 50 ended that ungrateful fukks career though.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LOL, I don't Stan Murda Inc. I lived that era, they made hot music period. People only try to hate cause of that 50 B.S. 50 was simping hard on "21 Questions" and "Candy Shop" so spare me. Sure Ja did go POP but he still had the hood bangers. The only time I felt Ja went to far on the signing ish was on the "Mezmorize" Video with the Grease ish like people are saying.

But his female records were really not that much different than Biggie's, DMX, LL or anyone in the East Coast cause that was the formula at the time. The fact is I wasn't no bandwagon fan. When the whole 50 ish went down I was one of the 1st in my own circle to call him out for doing exactly what Ja did with the female records. Ja downfall had more to do with his own Ego, 50 Just made it easy for the bandwagon fans to jump ship anyway. If he would of just stayed in his lane he would of still had the hit records. Shoot that Bobby Brown joint still bangs

Props on mentioning the bobby brown record:heh:...but its all about perception,Ja still had plenty of hard songs and really was no different than a Fab who specialized in chick songs as singles....but problem is Ja was too big and alotta nikkas didn't like him at the forefront with them cheesy singles and the media started gettin on em about it even....but 50 came in at the perfect time to pour gasoline on that shyt....nikkas ain't hate Ja like they hate Drake now that's for sure...but I remember him getting the :childplease: and folks bein annoyed by hearin all them bullshyt songs

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
Ja Rule was an a$$hole. This is a known fact.

He looks and sounds like a completely different guy now. He seems normal.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:salute:

man the fans and the hip hop industry in general did Rule dirty and ran with the 50 wave.... now the same fans and industry making 50 have to do tracks with Adam Levine to get a buzz :damn:

karma is :wow:

I mean 50 predicted same would happen to him if u watch that dvd that came wit grodt I remember he said he would get hot and fans would get sick of him and want the next guy...maybe now that the moment actually came it feels differet for em..

And 50 did 21 questions but he definitly wasn't cheesy like those Ja records let's be clear,folks rewriting history.....nobody thought Ja deserved to be where he was with those records...only reason the hate wuznt quite as strong as it is for Drake is becuz we had other nikkas just about equally at the forefront to take the sting out of having to see Ja and hear ja everywhere.

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I mean 50 predicted same would happen to him if u watch that dvd that came wit grodt I remember he said he would get hot and fans would get sick of him and want the next guy...maybe now that the moment actually came it feels differet for em..

And 50 did 21 questions but he definitly wasn't cheesy like those Ja records let's be clear,folks rewriting history.....nobody thought Ja deserved to be where he was with those records...only reason the hate wuznt quite as strong as it is for Drake is becuz we had other nikkas just about equally at the forefront to take the sting out of having to see Ja and hear ja everywhere.
Na the reason the hate wasnt as strong as it is for Drake was cause NOBODY ever was saying Ja is the best spitter out doing it, the way millions of ppl say Drake is now. Drake gets the same hate that wayne got because alot of their fans acted like they were the best to ever touch a mic in rap history

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Good interview. Takes me back to my High School and College Years. The whole 50 Cent sh!t is exactly what's wrong with fans today. Very fickle. Back in the day fanbases were more loyal than they are today. 50's Krama is in full effect though. He can't make a hit song to save his life right now. Ja seems like he's a good place. Irv is still wild and crazy. LOL @ Charlemange getting cornered on not liking Drake.

It seems he lost the Breakfast club some promo and press since Drake would never do an interview on there. But the show is really good and they've built a nice brand. This interview and the Fat Joe interview was very informative. but LOL @ Murda Inc with Jay, X and Ja. I remember everyone was mad hype about that in the late 90's cause everyone was callabo'in with each other. Honestly I think the album would of sold Double or Triple Platinum and would of been a hit compilation for sure.

jay_x_ja_murderinc.jpg

dmx_irv_jayz.jpg
nikkas blaming 50 for this dude losing is corny as fukk. Ja the one that kept talking shyt after 50 got signed. Ja was the one making crap music And Ja Rules big mouth is the reason we didn't get a X, Hova, Rule album. Ja is the one that drug his own grave Stop blaming another man for that nikkas problems.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
sicc2def said:
And Ja was a real "gangsta" that's why he had a bigger impact on music?

I meant that Ja gave the modern blueprint for chick songs that reports like Wiz and Drake use for today. Even Fif used it on the likes of 21 questions and candy shop.

Last edited: