Irv Gotti and Ja Rule on The Breakfast Club

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
nikkaz still mad at 50 going at Murder Inc?

These prob the same nikkas who don't put a bullet in there enemy during video game cinematic sequences

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
man I loved Murda Inc back then.....I had that little compilation and everything, with the 'How Many Wanna Song', and the 'I be running and gunning em down....we murderers baby' , that was on the 'Next Friday' sdtk, I been rocking with them since 'Can I Get A...', I remember grabbing that 'Venni Vetti Vecci' summer of 99 after seeing 'Wild Wild West', he kinda lost me on the album level for a few years after, he had a good run...'Down 4 U' was my song too, Murda Inc was dope....the girl songs came a little too much too fast at some point, but I basically liked most of them....

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Yeap, I know 50 cries himself to sleep at night in his mansion

LOL, of course I mean musically. 50 is doing fine financially but it's obvious musically he isn't where he wants to be, dare I say he's exactly where Ja Rule was when those same fickle fans that flocked to him are now flocking away from him. It really came full circle musically for 50. I'm a fan of both no doubt but I never liked 50's arrogance in the whole situation.

50 going at Ja did have a street back story but the fact is it hurt New York Hip Hop. 50 and Ja should of been working together not tearing each other apart. It's been pretty sad seeing 50 drop single after single and nothing really connecting. It's going on 5 years since his last album. I do think it is Karma for all the unnecessary beefin he was doing with other NY artist. The ironic of this is Ja Rule's "New York" still bumps hard till this day and that was a 50 subliminal.

Lord this beat is just too hard.

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
LMMFAO at this entire thread. Ja Rule was shytted on on nearly every message board back in the day for making the female targeted Singles he made. Ja's run was incredible...

Now it's years laters & cats are really looking back finally appreciating his music...

*THIS* is why nobody gives a fukk what people on the internet think...

Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
LMMFAO at this entire thread. Ja Rule was shytted on on nearly every message board back in the day for making the female targeted Singles he made. Ja's run was incredible...

Now it's years laters & cats are really looking back finally appreciating his music...

*THIS* is why nobody gives a fukk what people on the internet think...

Yep, i remember it vividly back in 2002, nyggas was shyttin on Ja heavy... even shytted on Nas for "selling out" by aligning himself with Murder Inc; now all of a sudden his music is "legendary" and now all of a sudden the 50 Cent era was "wack"

nyggas need to just appreciate the G-Unit and Murder Inc era's... u can be a fan of both , fukkin fakkits.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
They both come across as very grounded and likable dudes, tell the truth, I know Irv is a bit of a Dame Dash type, but funny how much better they come across then 50 these days, honest and upfront, willing to admit their mistakes....The ectascy shyt was hilarious...

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
Yep, i remember it vividly back in 2002, nyggas was shyttin on Ja heavy... even shytted on Nas for "selling out" by aligning himself with Murder Inc; now all of a sudden his music is "legendary" and now all of a sudden the 50 Cent era was "wack"

nyggas need to just appreciate the G-Unit and Murder Inc era's... u can be a fan of both , fukkin fakkits.

werd

ja rule was harmonizing " what up blood" during the interview. If he can do that then there should be no problem with anyone

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
yall sound kind of silly w/ all this "we miss Murda Inc" talk.

The reason they fell off is the same reason everyone falls off in music. You only get so many years to have the sound of a certain time...then the sound changes, and you change because of your success. The Murda Inc sound was stale at that time and music shifted...50 just sped the process up a little bit because he really didnt like those dudes...but it would have happened with or without him.
Thats why its dumb for people to say "50 being cold now is karma"...no karma would be him being broke...being worth 9figures isnt having bad karma. The scene is just different, and he is of a different generation than the current kids that are buying music.
Its real easy to look back now and say they had hit after hit...but youre not thinking about how everything on radio sounded that way...or some of the bullshyt songs they had.

Only people that remained hot the past 10yrs or so are Jay, Kanye and Em (even Wayne is cooling off). Its rare for someone to last through several generations in music.

No doubt some of those songs were hot...but so were some of the songs of the Bling Era, Gangsta Rap era, G Unit Era etc.... it is what it is.

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Too many people turned back on Murder INC....I mean not only G-Unit/Aftermath but u have Busta Rhymes and DMX and Jay-Z were :pacspit: on INC....I was like damn nobody like Ja Rule. Irv was an idiotfor working with drug kingpin Supreme is what ruined Murder INC

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Stop bringing finances into this argument. Its about music and impact.