Irv Gotti and Ja Rule on The Breakfast Club

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
From 99-04 Ja Dropped 6 albums in a row, all 6 debut in the Top 10 on the Albums charts. 4 of them in the top 5, 2 went #1. 4 of them went Platinum, 2 Gold. 2 of them went Triple Platinum. He had several Top 10 hits, several of #1 hot 100 singles and several top 40 hits as well as collaborations. He really did have an amazing run when you look at the raw numbers and the success.

Last edited:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I do wish they would've pressed him more on the Jay shyt. From the way he made it sound Jay had him feeling some kind of way in regards to the Murda Inc collab album. Irv hinted that had something to do with him getting with Nas.

yup, I peeped too. and if there was one person out of the 4 involved that would have stopped it I would point to Jay as well. Dude really is a very arrogant dude

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Can't front, Ja may have been a bytch nikka but dammit he had hits and had a hell of a run.

I'd go as far as to say that I'd rather have Ja and Murder INC running shyt nowadays.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Irv Gotti was born to be a salesman, lol, his personality is fukking tailor made for the Sales field. Not illegal sales, ha, he'd seem nervous and sketchy because he talks so much, no one would trust him, but damn, I think he was a big time stockbroker in a former life.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
1st off Irv needs a real barber

2nd no one hated Ja until 50 started with his non sense

It's revisionist history to say that they were making too much of a certain type of music

Everybody was fukking with Ja

Are you serious? All I'm gonna say is, they made a video for one of Ja's simp-fests and it was the hip-hop version of that musical Grease. Ja put out the welcome mat for Drake's whole life.
You're an idiot

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
Irv Gotti is very good at being genuinely enthusiastic about total BS. Great promotional efforts.

Ja Rule has an album for sale right now? What are we selling?

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
very in depth solid interview

surprised how open they are about them cheating on their wives

ja rule made plenty bangers

fukk it lost alot of music when my pc died.

lemme dl his greatest hits on reminisce :jawalrus:

Last edited:

sporticus

https://bit.ly/36fn72e
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The whole Ja/50 situation was very telling when it come to fandom. It showed the people for who they are...vultures. The way they turned on Ja was similar to the way they turned on Hammer. When people talk about "real" this and "real" that, I just have to laugh. Nothing about the entertainment industry is real. The music or the fans. Ja sang to get ahead, 50 dissed him for it and then turned around and did it himself, the fans ate it up. You had people arguing about the definition of "singing". So funny.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Ja's 1st 3 albums were solid. "The Last Temptation and Blood in my Eye" were the downfall basically but those 1st 3 had so many street and commercial bangers. They really did have a nice formula which was really just an extension of The Bad Boy formula anyway. Also the the person that just said Murda Inc had a great production team is correct, Ja's production was always on point.

Blood in my eye was a dope album, borderline classic IMO.

Was a pure, raw, Hip Hop album.