Irv Gotti and Ja Rule on The Breakfast Club

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I do wish they would've pressed him more on the Jay shyt. From the way he made it sound Jay had him feeling some kind of way in regards to the Murda Inc collab album. Irv hinted that had something to do with him getting with Nas.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
So Irv stopped 50 from signing with Atlantic.
That turned out well, wonder where 50 would be If he signed to Atlantic probably not as big as he was;

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
The fukk was Irv doing whilst Ja was away though? He could of at least tried to put a new nikka on.

Eh, Irv kind of got the Dame Dash treatment in the sense that he was an a$$hole to a lot of people when he was on top and when he fell off those same people were like 'nah, I still remember dikk head'

No one wanted to touch Irv and Ja after what Eminem/50 Cent/Interscope did to them on top of it. Relationships are the only way people get to have a long rap career. You see G-Unit torched most of theirs and no one gives a flying fukk about em. Where as Game and Rick Ross continue to at least work with others.

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
LOL, I don't Stan Murda Inc. I lived that era, they made hot music period. People only try to hate cause of that 50 B.S. 50 was simping hard on "21 Questions" and "Candy Shop" so spare me. Sure Ja did go POP but he still had the hood bangers. The only time I felt Ja went to far on the signing ish was on the "Mezmorize" Video with the Grease ish like people are saying.

But his female records were really not that much different than Biggie's, DMX, LL or anyone in the East Coast cause that was the formula at the time. The fact is I wasn't no bandwagon fan. When the whole 50 ish went down I was one of the 1st in my own circle to call him out for doing exactly what Ja did with the female records. Ja downfall had more to do with his own Ego, 50 Just made it easy for the bandwagon fans to jump ship anyway. If he would of just stayed in his lane he would of still had the hit records. Shoot that Bobby Brown joint still bangs

I still love this song! Bobby's cracked out spin kick is hilarious! :bryan:

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
dmx_irv_jayz.jpg

cot damn, how tall is irv gotti, 5'3? is he sitting down in this picutre? cuz DMX ain't that tall and he's towering over Irv

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
that murder inc sound with that live bass was just woooooooooooooo

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ja's 1st 3 albums were solid. "The Last Temptation and Blood in my Eye" were the downfall basically but those 1st 3 had so many street and commercial bangers. They really did have a nice formula which was really just an extension of The Bad Boy formula anyway. Also the the person that just said Murda Inc had a great production team is correct, Ja's production was always on point.
R.u.le. Was crack but it was also too little too late

Vilified not verified

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Eh, Irv kind of got the Dame Dash treatment in the sense that he was an @sshole to a lot of people when he was on top and when he fell off those same people were like 'nah, I still remember dikk head'

No one wanted to touch Irv and Ja after what Eminem/50 Cent/Interscope did to them on top of it. Relationships are the only way people get to have a long rap career. You see G-Unit torched most of theirs and no one gives a flying fukk about em. Where as Game and Rick Ross continue to at least work with others.

I'm saying though i'm sure there's more than plenty of unknown talented artists that would love an opportunity to work with Irv and don't really give a fukk about the politics.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
I'm saying though i'm sure there's more than plenty of unknown talented artists that would love an opportunity to work with Irv and don't really give a fukk about the politics.

Yea on that side sure, sorta like Currensy did with Dame. However at the end of the day working with Irv is one thing and Irv being able to leverage that relationship into a relationship with a major label or distribution is another.