in the early 90's if you weren't street/thug/calling women bytches, you weren't popping -Kid N Play

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
man, do you people have any clue how many people don't care about magazines and don't really read none of them chits? READ MY FINGERTIPS: I DONT GIVE A F*CK.

lol @ me trying to get a new identity and me even remotely biting your content. ive been posting this same way for 20 years now. I knew who you were for about half of that.
i'll say this tho, I think I may be a lil influenced by your format style but not content. we're not even in the same type of raphead.

and Ive been calling out outkast longer than you, at least to my knowledge.

no you have not called out outkast longer than me.
As real time when they debuted I called outkast for being som with pimp content from jump.
originally they were not culturally endorsed.
till their second album and dre's turban head wrap change like hadji from Johnny quest.
Which was only a one way street for DRE.
as big boo had to actually up skill and be praised dually in the victory lap the jndustyr had to close out the prison industrial economy revenue grab from 1993-2005.

so stop it.
like I said, it is no way you were culturally minded back then and diss the source. That is coming from your noob try to fit in and be down thing you got about you. That you think nO real bboy will call or check but you are completely in error.
if you think you can flodge around me and think I won't notice and won't call it out, breh.
I don't put up with that toy shyt at all, breh and you know it.
so, I don't know how you think you gon try to even reply back and you know yousa an rnb nikka. And if you wasn't living on the east coast you would be more prevalent to listen to house.
as you fascination with rnb in that era is completely juxtaposed to what reallbboys were fukk'n on back then.
keep trying to appease those revisionist history toys if you like but I know better and will alwuas expose that shyt.
I don't let posers and toys try to play and your comments about the source is some poser shyt.

there is no fukk'n way, you were cognitive culturally about hip hop in that era and dissed the source.
to be honest I don't think you were around for soul clap to be honest.

art barr

*nikka, I actually used to come home from school and dr wax with lord finesse lp in vinyl to listen at scoop Jackson house.
so, I know you on some bullshyt about that era.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
no you have not called out outkast longer than me.
As real time when they debuted I called outkast for being som with pimp content from jump.
originally they were not culturally endorsed.
till their second album and dre's turban head wrap change like hadji from Johnny quest.
Which was only a one way street for DRE.
as big boo had to actually up skill and be praised dually in the victory lap the jndustyr had to close out the prison industrial economy revenue grab from 1993-2005.

u got that. I couldn't care less about outkast back then.
I'm talking about on SOHH. once all that revisionist propaganda kickced in.

and you keep pushing this source argument. I cant make it anymore clear that I NEVER DISSED THE SOURCE. stop being stupid.
aint nobody fronting like nothing. and aint nobody trying to fit in with your b-boys. learn how to read.

and why are you so mad that I listen to more than just rap? its flattering but :mjlol:

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
u got that. I couldn't care less about outkast back then.
I'm talking about on SOHH. once all that revisionist propaganda

and you keep pushing this source argument. I cant make it anymore clear that I NEVER DISSED THE SOURCE. stop being stupid.
aint nobody fronting like nothing. and aint nobody trying to fit in with your b-boys. learn how to read.

and why are you so mad that I listen to more than just rap? its flattering but :mjlol:

stop it nikka,...
you know damn well I know your origin and how you think you swayed everyone but you never did.
stop flodge'n .
you know yousa rnb cat and not no culture based nuffin in hip hop.
So, stop it.

art barr

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
stop it nikka,...
you know damn well I know your origin and how you think you swayed everyone but you never did.
stop flodge'n .
you know yousa rnb cat and not no culture based nuffin in hip hop.
So, stop it.

art barr

what is my origin, mr barr?

I got into rap and r&b at the same dam time.
and in the early '90s that youre talking about, r&b was kickin hip-hop's ass.

so how am I fronting? and who am I fronting for exactly?

you think I want to be seen as some sausagefest loving hippity-hop purist??
nicca PUHHLEEEASSSEEE don't flatter yourself. I never tried to portray anything.:rudy:

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
what is my origin, mr barr?

I got into rap and r&b at the same dam time.
and in the early '90s that youre talking about, r&b was kickin hip-hop's ass.

so how am I fronting? and who am I fronting for exactly?

you think I want to be seen as some sausagefest loving hippity-hop purist??
nicca PUHHLEEEASSSEEE don't flatter yourself. I never tried to portray anything.:rudy:

on ly a rnb cat would say rnb was better than rap in the nineties.
i rest my case about you being an rnb cat who listens to rap.
smh, at you thinking anyone thinks any differently as well.
nobody goes to you for cultural anything on this board for content.
i guess you gassed from your rnb dominate threads.

shyt is a joke, nikka..stop it.

then you tried to diss the source in the other damn thread.
nikka you was listening to snap by power and ya kid k face song praising ass nikka...
stop.

art barr

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
on ly a rnb cat would say rnb was better than rap in the nineties.
i rest my case about you being an rnb cat who listens to rap.
smh, at you thinking anyone thinks any differently as well.
nobody goes to you for cultural anything on this board for content.
i guess you gassed from your rnb dominate threads.

shyt is a joke, nikka..stop it.

then you tried to diss the source in the other damn thread.
nikka you was listening to snap by power and ya kid k face song praising ass nikka...
stop.

art barr

I said r&b was better in the early '90s. not the entire '90s.
that's what I said nicca, AND WHAT?

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Dude, who's claiming OUtkast was NWA?

Literally NOBODY has done that in the thread.

That other nikka compared them to fukking Arrested Development and we're sonnin' his ass constantly for that shyt

They were southern pimps like a high-school Eightball & MJG or something.

Their first record was about smoking weed, pimpin' bytches, riding in cadillacs, and carrying heat when you had to.

That's technically hardcore HIp-HOp.

I mean, Hammer was still active in '94, so were Kid N Play, Public Enemy, Salt N Pepa, Heavy D, and a ton of rappers from the '80s/early '90s, so their CD would not have been in the gospel rap, party rap, or conscious rap sections of the record store, It would've been in the "Adult/hardcore/gangsta" section of the record store

damn, i thought i replied to this last weekend , but now i'm seeing my post didn't go thru

anywayz - attempted make the point of outkast never being considered gangsta hip hop

@ISO @JustCKing @hex @Art Barr can chime in as well

were these nikkaz considered gangsta rappers ???

obviously, no were near the lyrical skills of kast, but there songs represented WAY MORE street shyt.... weather it's bytches, drugs, violence, killing etc.. etc...

:yeshrug: i can only speak from where i come from & in no wayz was lost boyz remotely considered gangsta rappers
more or less reality rappers with one of the all time slept on albums ever

and to support my point you can do wiki
:hubie: i know wiki isnt alwayz the most accurate place for gathering facts but it you wiki
the 3 groups/ duo's that i've been mentioning (cause i prefer to make analogies that are apples to apples)

mobb deep
lost boyz
outkast

all 3 started basically the same time... check there wiki page under genre
mobb deep - hip hop/ east coast hip hop/ gangsta rap/ hardcore hip hop/ horrorcore
lost boyz - hip hop
outkast - hip hop / alternative hip hop

:sas2:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
if youre 42, you shouldn't be bragging about it, because youre not looking too bright in this thread.

:dahell: is that supposed to mean

yall seem to think I'm dissin the source. I think theyre that goat rap mag actually. this is more of a social disagreement, rather than me dissing the source, like yall are making it out to be.
:stopitslime: how many times i gotta go thru this - u sparked this all off with fukk THE SOURCE

the bottom line: some of yall hold these magazines & industry entities in high-regard. a lot of us just enjoy it and go on with the rest of our day after we put the book down.

:mindblown: some entities most definitely should be held in the highest regard like - hot 97, video music box, the source magazine - these entities help built the culture

now youre talking about '88.:laugh: the source was a pamphlet. and yall didn't even get the gist of what I said on the slick about me already sniffing thru magazines literally & figuratively, but I'm noticing that I tend to talk over most peoples heads on here. I was joking about how I used to "read" word up, right on, fresh, etc. just looking at the pictures. and shoot, that might've really been '89. I don't know. but I would've figured that you devout hip-hoppers would get that and have a good laugh. I don't know. maybe it was just a dry joke??
:martin: so what in '88 they was a pamphlet, like i previously posted the next year they was on magazine stands competing against billboard, rolling stone & spin mag while you was being potty trained & couldn't read

them having a black staff is neither here nor there.
and I said SINCE I STARTED PEEPING THEIR ANNUAL STAFF PICS, their staff was like mostly white. and I fell back on that when yall said the staff was mostly black at first.
BUT THAT CHANGES NOTHING THAT I SAID.
:snoop: now the black staff shyt is neither here nor there :snoop: this is the type shyt that makes you lose credibility and too top it off with that BS of since you started reading blah...blah....blah... no black staff shyt - is just more prove of you moving the goalposts
cause we ONLY talk in these high regards about the source from its inception to benzino

breh just STOP IT.... admit you got exposed for having no credibility to speak on the magazine & move on

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
damn, i thought i replied to this last weekend , but now i'm seeing my post didn't go thru

anywayz - attempted make the point of outkast never being considered gangsta hip hop

@ISO @JustCKing @hex @Art Barr can chime in as well

were these nikkaz considered gangsta rappers ???

obviously, no were near the lyrical skills of kast, but there songs represented WAY MORE street shyt.... weather it's bytches, drugs, violence, killing etc.. etc...

:yeshrug: i can only speak from where i come from & in no wayz was lost boyz remotely considered gangsta rappers
more or less reality rappers with one of the all time slept on albums ever

and to support my point you can do wiki
:hubie: i know wiki isnt alwayz the most accurate place for gathering facts but it you wiki
the 3 groups/ duo's that i've been mentioning (cause i prefer to make analogies that are apples to apples)

mobb deep
lost boyz
outkast

all 3 started basically the same time... check there wiki page under genre
mobb deep - hip hop/ east coast hip hop/ gangsta rap/ hardcore hip hop/ horrorcore
lost boyz - hip hop
outkast - hip hop / alternative hip hop

:sas2:

Dude, Outkast is a DIFFERENT GROUP than they were in 1994.

How are you gonna look at their Wikipedia page in 2017 and try to deduce what they would've been classified as in 1994?

How you gonna compare these guys
480935671_wide-ef4e68035679af56e464352b86bd75d4d26e1ee7.jpg

To these guys
outkast-by-scott-gries-getty.jpg

In 1994, they were a high-school Eightball & MJG, which would've been considered by some to be gangsta rap.

AS for the Lost Boyz, nobody considered them gangsta rap because they were from New York.

We didn't call New York rappers gangsta rappers back then.

Even Biggie, Wu-Tang, and Naughty By Nature was considered HARDCORE rap.

Gangsta rap = West Coast, South, Midwest hardcore rappers

Hardcore rap = East Coast gangsta rappers

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
both were great

I agree.

but if I had to chose one from that era........

breh just STOP IT.... admit you got exposed for having no credibility to speak on the magazine & move on

or maybe we're just not cut from the same cloth as people.

that's what it really boils down to.

this is more of a social disagreement, rather than someone "being exposed".

alot of us don't hold any kayfabe entities in high-regard for anything. how hard is that for you dudes to understand?

now the black staff shyt is neither here nor there this is the type shyt that makes you lose credibility and too top it off with that BS of since you started reading blah...blah....blah... no black staff shyt - is just more prove of you moving the goalposts
cause we ONLY talk in these high regards about the source from its inception to benzino

and youre going in circles, continuously taking my comments out of context.

I already said I was wrong for the black staff comment, like 3 times already. its like yall want me to kiss yall ass over it or something.

and I said that its neither here nor there, because it still doesn't change my stance. the bottom line is that I don't hold any of this chit in high-regard PERIOD regardless of the staff, and neither should you. but hey, that's your prerogative.

the nerve of you telling me to move on. ive been visibly trying to get away from this and the outkast argument for like the past 5 pages.

Last edited:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I agree.

but if I had to chose one from that era........

or maybe we're just not cut from the same cloth as people.

that's what it really boils down to.

this is more of a social disagreement, rather than someone "being exposed".

alot of us don't hold any kayfabe entities in high-regard for anything. how hard is that for you dudes to understand?

and youre going in circles, continuously taking my comments out of context.

I already said I was wrong for the black staff comment, like 3 times already. its like yall want me to kiss yall ass over it or something.

and I said that its neither here nor there, because it still doesn't change my stance. the bottom line is that I don't hold any of this chit in high-regard PERIOD regardless of the staff, and neither should you. but hey, that's your prerogative.

the nerve of you telling me to move on. ive been visibly trying to get away from this and the outkast argument for like the past 5 pages.
Being someone a bit older than you (the age gap counts even more back in our youth),and someone that has a sizable playlist from that era and alot of store bought albums,it's alot closer than you'd think.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Being someone a bit older than you (the age gap counts even more back in our youth),and someone that has a sizable playlist from that era and alot of store bought albums,it's alot closer than you'd think.

I never said it blew hip-hop out the water. so what exactly are you trying to argue about?

age has nothing to do with it. I prolly had a larger playlist at my disposal than you. whats the point?

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Some 1990
Livin' Like Hustlers
Blacks' Magic
Sex Packets
Fear of a Black Planet
People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm
AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted
To the East, Blackwards
Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em
Intelligent Hoodlum
Call Me D-Nice
Wanted: Dead or Alive
100 Miles and Runnin'
Short Dog's in the House
Mama Said Knock You Out
One for All
The Devil Made Me Do It
Business as Usual
Kill at Will

Digital Underground This Is an EP Release
Quik Is the Name
Step in the Arena
De La Soul Is Dead
O.G. Original Gangster
nikkaz4Life
Homebase
We Can't Be Stopped
Breaking Atoms
Naughty by Nature

Queen Latifah Nature of a Sista
MC Lyte Act Like You Know
Nice & Smooth Ain't a Damn Thing Changed
The Low End Theory
Apocalypse 91... The Enemy Strikes Back
Mr. Scarface Is Back
Sons of the P
A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing
Death Certificate
2Pacalypse Now
Cypress Hill

Sir Mix-a-Lot Mack Daddy
Lord Finesse Return of the Funky Man
Boogie Down Productions Sex and Violence
F.U. Don't Take It Personal

Ganksta N-I-P The South Park Psycho
Totally Krossed Out

Arrested Development 3 Years, 5 Months and 2 Days in the Life Of...
Das EFX Dead Serious
Spice 1

Pete Rock & CL Smooth Mecca and the Soul Brother
Don't Sweat the Technique

N2Deep Back to the Hotel
MC Ren Kizz My Black Azz
Too Short Shorty the Pimp
DJ Quik Way 2 Fonky
Business Never Personal

House of Pain
RBL Posse A Lesson to Be Learned
Da Lench Mob Guerillas in tha Mist
Diamond D Stunts, Blunts & Hip Hop
Compton's Most Wanted Music to Driveby
Common Can I Borrow a Dollar?
Redman Whut? Thee Album
Positive K The Skills Dat Pay da Bills
Geto Boys Uncut Dope: Geto Boys' Best
UGK Too Hard to Swallow
Ice Cube The Predator
Kool G Rap & DJ Polo Live and Let Die
Paris Sleeping with the Enemy
The Pharcyde Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde
Dr. Dre The Chronic

Heavy D & the Boyz Blue Funk
King T Tha Triflin' Album
Brand Nubian In God We Trust
Digable Planets Reachin' (A New Refutation of Time and Space)
2Pac Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z...
Naughty by Nature 19 Naughty III
Geto Boys Till Death Do Us Part
Ice-T Home Invasion
Monie Love In a Word or 2
LL Cool J 14 Shots to the Dome
Lords of the Underground Here Come the Lords
Onyx Bacdafucup
Run-D.M.C. Down with the King
Masta Ace Incorporated SlaughtaHouse
Guru Guru's Jazzmatazz, Vol. 1
MC Lyte Ain't No Other
8Ball & MJG Comin' Out Hard
Cypress Hill Black Sunday
Fat Joe Represent
Kris Kross Da Bomb
Scarface The World Is Yours
Tha Alkaholiks 21 & Over
KRS-One Return of the Boom Bap
Souls of Mischief 93 'til Infinity
Spice 1 187 He Wrote
Digital Underground The Body-Hat Syndrome
Salt-n-Pepa Very Necessary
Black Moon Enta da Stage
Eazy-E It's On (Dr. Dre) 187um Killa
Shaquille O'Neal Shaq Diesel
Too Short Get in Where You Fit In
A Tribe Called Quest Midnight Marauders
Wu-Tang Clan Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
E-40 Federal
Too Short Greatest Hits, Vol. 1: The Player Years, 1983-1988
MC Ren Shock of the Hour
Queen Latifah Black Reign
Snoop Dogg Doggystyle
Ice Cube Lethal Injection