in the early 90's if you weren't street/thug/calling women bytches, you weren't popping -Kid N Play

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I stopped reading right there.
anybody can read my thread and see that the bolded is bullchit.

FYI, I upped the thread so that we don't derail this one. I keep telling yall, I don't care about outkast like yall try to paint it.

youre looking funny in the light. but youre unintentionally proving my point so carry on.:sas2:

when heavy d blew up, he was more b-boyish. 1st album was standard mid-80s big beat rap, mixed with that uptown new jack sauce(hence the dancing & fly chit)
of course he transitioned better. he was never fully in their lane to begin with.

I'm not arguing the bolded. I think kid n play's time was up regardless. I'm just saying, they didn't get a chance to have that falloff moment because their lane was eliminated. I mean, nobody even bothered to mention that none of their albums flopped. their last LP was "face the nation". their lane was just closed.

and youre also forgetting that heavy was on a legendary label, which he ended up running. kid n play were just rappers, and on a label that loved to lose.
Bottom line is this. Heavy knew how to adjust. It wasn't about the label. It was about the talent and music. Kid n Play weren't able to adjust. Had nothing to do with gangsta rap. That's what I'm saying. That shyt was a cop out on their part.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Bottom line is this. Heavy knew how to adjust. It wasn't about the label. It was about the talent and music. Kid n Play weren't able to adjust. Had nothing to do with gangsta rap. That's what I'm saying. That shyt was a cop out on their part.

true but they weren't exactly 2 peas in a pod neither.

and the fact remains, kid n play didn't get any closure. they never actually dropped a falloff album, so you cant exactly say that theyre wrong.

that's a Kwame quote in the OP, by the way.

:russ:nikka, just admit you were wrong and move on.

You got nikkaz from all over the country sonnin' you over and over again about your blatant inaccuracies regarding Outkast & The Source.

If you were too young back in '94 or just wasn't that deep into HIp-Hop, then just admit that shyt, but the more this goes, the worst you look

You compared this:

That other nikka compared them to fukking Arrested Development and we're sonnin' his ass constantly for that shyt

aint nobody son chit. just because a handful of outkast fans tried to gang up on me, while making illogical arguments, it doesn't mean I'm being sonned. SMARTEN UP.

and I didn't compare a dam thing. all I said was that outkast inherited the fanbases of those groups. its not a hard concept to grasp if you have an ounce of sense and you attempt to use it. the latter is the problem because you have outkast built up in your head to be viewed in a certain light, like they were some underground rap heroes or some chit. I know for a fact that they inherited those bases because I seen it with my own eyes. if you didn't, then just sit down & shut up. you posting up their least-common cuts on a message board 23 years later, isn't gonna change a dam thing.

same thing with the source. I'm telling you that I don't hold magazines in high-regard like theyre the gospel, and most people dont. yall just mad at me about that, because yall prolly feel corny now.

and I was DEEP into hip-hop by '93.

please leave me alone with the dumb chit already. I didn't come in here to talk about no outkast. we can do that in the thread I linked up. and I don't give a f*ck about this dumbass source magazine argument. yall can go worship your magazine covers. I'm not stopping yall. just leave me be, unless its actually on-topic. PLEASE.

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

and the fact remains, kid n play didn't get any closure. they never actually dropped a falloff album, so you cant exactly say that theyre wrong.

aint nobody son chit.

and I didn't compare a dam thing. all I said was that outkast inherited their fanbases. its not a hard concept to grasp if you have an ounce of sense and you attempt to use it. the latter is the problem because you have outkast built up in your head to be viewed in a certain light.

same thing with the source. I'm telling you that I don't hold magazines in high-regard like their the gospel. and yall prolly buggin me about that, because yall prolly feel corny now.

leave me alone with the dumb chit already.
Face The Nation was their closure and falloff album all around.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Face The Nation was their closure and falloff album all around.

youre correct.

I'll fallback on that.

I was just thinking about how big "aint gonna hurt nobody" was.

I admit when I'm wrong. I don't just disappear or try to switch the subject like these other dudes.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
well...
i will not bite on your deflection on to wrasslin.
as that is a whole nother convo, and real talk...
we not gon go there and deflect cause that leaves two avenues where i can go down to shyt on you, but i ain't trying to be malicious.
nor use you setting your own self up and not seeing this bad move for yourself without me pointing it out.

so we will just keep this about the source, rap business, and hiphop culture and how you know you don't know that entire setup..

with that said,...
there is no way you read a source back then and then try to down play the shyt.
while also demonstrating a complete void and disconnect culturally to the time we are talembout as well.

there is just no way...
plus, how you downplayed the black excellence as far as writers too.

there is just no way.

anyone who been here long enough know you flodge...so stop it..

you sohh nikkaz be trying to come on here and get a new identity and that shyt always gets exposed so stop the shyt.
you got some new and young nikkaz fooled but nikkaz in the complete know not fooled and never been fooled

plus, if you wanna get technical.
your only point of significance made around here, is a parrott of my content anyway.

so, just stop with that whole idea you gon try to play that angle, too.
since outkast was mentioned and you think that is gonna power you up to feel some false allegiance because you parrot my content on them, to aid your offkey arguement to discredit them entirely as artist cause you don't respect them too.
while trying to take my comments on kast's cultural allegiance and pander after their second album content and cultural change got them higher cultural appeal from their original pimp meets souls of mischief start originally.

so, let's just keep this about the source.

you know you did not read the source at a cognitive cultural point back then and anyone who been around here long enough knows that.

so stop flodge'n,...

art barr

man, do you people have any clue how many people don't care about magazines and don't really read none of them chits? READ MY FINGERTIPS: I DONT GIVE A F*CK.

lol @ me trying to get a new identity and me even remotely biting your content. ive been posting this same way for 20 years now. I knew who you were for about half of that.
i'll say this tho, I think I may be a lil influenced by your format style but not content. we're not even in the same type of raphead.

and Ive been calling out outkast longer than you, at least to my knowledge.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps

aint nobody son chit. just because a handful of outkast fans tried to gang up on me, while making illogical arguments, it doesn't mean I'm being sonned. SMARTEN UP.

and I didn't compare a dam thing. all I said was that outkast inherited the fanbases of those groups. its not a hard concept to grasp if you have an ounce of sense and you attempt to use it. the latter is the problem because you have outkast built up in your head to be viewed in a certain light, like they were some underground rap heroes or some chit. I know for a fact that they inherited those bases because I seen it with my own eyes. if you didn't, then just sit down & shut up. you posting up their least-common cuts on a message board 23 years later, isn't gonna change a dam thing.

same thing with the source. I'm telling you that I don't hold magazines in high-regard like theyre the gospel, and most people dont. yall just mad at me about that, because yall prolly feel corny now.

please leave me alone with the dumb chit already. I didn't come in here to talk about no outkast. we can do that in the thread I linked up. and I don't give a f*ck about this dumbass source magazine argument. yall can go worship your magazine covers. I'm not stopping yall. just leave me be, unless its actually on-topic. PLEASE.

I"m not even that big of an Outkast fan. After the 2nd album I was like, :yeshrug:I take em or leave em, but you're just fukking wrong about their place in the culture.

And NO, OUtkast did not "inherit" the fan bases of Arrested Development & PM Dawn. Outkast inherited the audiences of Eightball & MJG & all the Suave House type nikkaz who liked the southern friend pimp shyt.

First off, Arrested Development was still around in '94 getting play on BET with Zingalamadumi or whateer that record was called. People who were into Arrested Development, WERE STILL LISTENING TO ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

The successors to them were Digable Planets and maybe even the Fugees, who were much more on the White rock critic/alternative rock tip than Outkast were.

The types of nikkaz who listened to Arrested Development and PM Dawn DESPISED the pimping, smoking weed, and selling drugs type of shyt that Outkast were on in '94. That's the reason they were listening to Arrested Development, to NOT listen to nikkaz talking about smoking, partying, pimpin, and hoes.

Just admit you don't know shyt and move on, mang.

Like, only 1 of us is an Outkast fan.

Most of us is just interested in historical accuracy & you're just wrong about The Source & OUtkast.

You don't have to personally like OUtkast or The Source, but to blatantly dismiss their obvious cultural impact is just makes you look ignorant about the culture.:francis:

We're trying to help you out, but you're just to stubborn to accept our help:damn:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
I'm not going hard on anybody. you seem to be missing my point by a mile.

and the source was just a pamphlet in '88.

youre defending them to the death and don't even know their history.

stop it, breh - STOP IT
cause now your embarrassing yourself

you started this whole topic off with fukk the source magazine now you're claiming you're not going hard
:mindblown: WTF :mindblown:

in '88 you was 3 years old - a year & a half later when da magazine started poppin you still couldnt even read

im defending them to death cause of people like yourself (
whom try to rewrite our history)
im like 10 years yours senior (so when you post absolutely non sense & pure fukking garbage about a magazine and a era you dont know shyt about) effects the hip hop head thats 10 years junior to you. dat nikka may lurk in here, read your bullshyt about the source mag, take it as word of born & THATS HOW HISTORY IS REWRITTEN
:ufdup:

i almost glossed over this post. next time, tag me when youre addressing my name in an argumentative fashion.

if I edited your list of staff members, its prolly cuz I already addressed that chit.

nah nikka
you edited my black staff list - cause i proved you COMPLETELY WRONG
you should have been man enough to take that L

on a lighter note -you saying kid n play were older then RunDMC & me saying otherwise (i came back & admitted i was wrong) although it didn't have much significance to anything; unlike your claim of blacks not being the main reason for the undisputed / greatest / hip hop magazine of all time

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
And NO, OUtkast did not "inherit" the fan bases of Arrested Development & PM Dawn. Outkast inherited the audiences of Eightball & MJG & all the Suave House type nikkaz who liked the southern friend pimp shyt.

I quit reading right there.

I never said arrested development was the ONLY fanbase that they inherited. stop being a jackass.

if youre not aware of that base like that, then just fallback instead of acting like a dikkhead.
if youre just in denial about it, then you need to man up.

plain & simple.

now leave me alone with this outkast chit, unless youre posting in my thread, instead of derailing this one.

stop it, breh - STOP IT
cause now your embarrassing yourself

you started this whole topic off with fukk the source magazine now you're claiming you're not going hard

in '88 you was 3 years old - a year & a half later when da magazine started poppin you still couldnt even read

im defending them to death cause of people like yourself (
whom try to rewrite our history)
im like 10 years yours senior (so when you post absolutely non sense & pure fukking garbage about a magazine and a era you dont know shyt about) effects the hip hop head thats 10 years junior to you. dat nikka may lurk in here, read your bullshyt about the source mag, take it as word of born & THATS HOW HISTORY IS REWRITTEN

nah nikka
you edited my black staff list - cause i proved you COMPLETELY WRONG
you should have been man enough to take that L

on a lighter note -you saying kid n play were older then RunDMC & me saying otherwise (i came back & admitted i was wrong) although it didn't have much significance to anything; unlike your claim of blacks not being the main reason for the undisputed / greatest / hip hop magazine of all time

if youre 42, you shouldn't be bragging about it, because youre not looking too bright in this thread.

yall seem to think I'm dissin the source. I think theyre that goat rap mag actually. this is more of a social disagreement, rather than me dissing the source, like yall are making it out to be.

the bottom line: some of yall hold these magazines & industry entities in high-regard. a lot of us just enjoy it and go on with the rest of our day after we put the book down.

now youre talking about '88.:laugh: the source was a pamphlet. and yall didn't even get the gist of what I said on the slick about me already sniffing thru magazines literally & figuratively, but I'm noticing that I tend to talk over most peoples heads on here. I was joking about how I used to "read" word up, right on, fresh, etc. just looking at the pictures. and shoot, that might've really been '89. I don't know. but I would've figured that you devout hip-hoppers would get that and have a good laugh. I don't know. maybe it was just a dry joke??

them having a black staff is neither here nor there.
and I said SINCE I STARTED PEEPING THEIR ANNUAL STAFF PICS, their staff was like mostly white. and I fell back on that when yall said the staff was mostly black at first.
BUT THAT CHANGES NOTHING THAT I SAID.

Last edited:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
I quit reading right there.

I never said arrested development was the ONLY fanbase that they inherited. stop being a jackass.

if youre not aware of that base like that, then just fallback instead of acting like a dikkhead.
if youre just in denial about it, then you need to man up.

plain & simple.

now leave me alone with this outkast chit, unless youre posting in my thread, instead of derailing this one.

if youre 42, you shouldn't be bragging about it, because youre not looking too bright in this thread.

yall seem to think I'm dissin the source. I think theyre that goat rap mag actually. this is more of a social disagreement, rather than me dissing the source, like yall are making it out to be.

the bottom line: some of yall hold these magazines & industry entities in high-regard. a lot of us just enjoy it and go on with the rest of our day after we put the book down.

now youre talking about '88.:laugh: the source was a pamphlet. and yall didn't even get the gist of what I said on the slick about me already sniffing thru magazines literally & figuratively, but I'm noticing that I tend to talk over most peoples heads on here. I was joking about how I used to "read" word up, right on, fresh, etc. just looking at the pictures. and shoot, that might've really been '89. I don't know. but I would've figured that you devout hip-hoppers would get that and have a good laugh. I don't know. maybe it was just a dry joke??

them having a black staff is neither here nor there.
and I said SINCE I STARTED PEEPING THEIR ANNUAL STAFF PICS, their staff was like mostly white. and I fell back on that when yall said the staff was mostly black at first.
BUT THAT CHANGES NOTHING THAT I SAID.

Oh shut the fukk up.

You've had at least 3 of us old nikkaz sonnin' you left & right about your bullshyt that you presented as historical fact.

Then, you tried to present it as your personal opinion once you got called out.

Now, your feelings are hurt.

:camby:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Oh shut the fukk up.

You've had at least 3 of us old nikkaz sonnin' you left & right about your bullshyt that you presented as historical fact.

Then, you tried to present it as your personal opinion once you got called out.

Now, your feelings are hurt.

:camby:

youre a dikkhead.

you didn't call me out on chit. you just couldn't comprehend what I was saying. dumbass.

and youre still f*ckin up. I didn't try to present anything as my personal opinion. when I say ALOT OF PEOPLE, that does NOT constitute as a personal opinion.

I drew the line in the sand like 10 times already. you have your people who live vicariously threw media, and you have your people who don't.

it has nothing to do with anybody being an oldhead or a young bul.

and I never dissed the source at any point in any of my posts. GET A CLUE ALREADY.

only thing people had a right to get mad about, was the staff comment. and even that was overblown, but I still fell back on that.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
youre a dikkhead.

you didn't call me out on chit. you just couldn't comprehend what I was saying. dumbass.

and youre still f*ckin up. I didn't try to present anything as my personal opinion. when I say ALOT OF PEOPLE, that does NOT constitute as a personal opinion.

I drew the line in the sand like 10 times already. you have your people who live vicariously threw media, and you have your people who don't.

it has nothing to do with anybody being an oldhead or a young bul.

and I never dissed the source at any point in any of my posts. GET A CLUE ALREADY.

only thing people had a right to get mad about, was the staff comment. and even that was overblown, but I still fell back on that.
:heh:Okay junior, it's okay. Your pride is hurt. We can move on to another topic

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
I'm gonna give you the benefit and assume that this is your way of saving face.

j9Xt1ry.png
Cool story bro. Just keep telling yourself that.