in the early 90's if you weren't street/thug/calling women bytches, you weren't popping -Kid N Play

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
bad boy was arista.:whistle:

you talk about TLC like its a bad thing. i mean, you do realize that outkast has been geared towards r&b/pop consumers since DAY ONE, right? how do you think they were able to go plat & double plat consistently in the '90s, without making a great impact?

outkast didn't get booed at the source awards just because they were from the south. they got booed mainly because a lot of people felt that their group was bullchit. I keep tryna tell yall, they were partly in that r&b-ish arrested development/pm dawn lane. but yall don't want to face facts. yall want to pretend that they were wutang or some sort of underground rap heroes that went platinum against the odds.:laugh:

sales don't equate to respect. and there were plenty of southern acts going plat or multi-plat before or during outkast. and a lot of them were from Atlanta.

geto boys got way more respect than outkast, so I don't know why youre trying to claim nobody got respect down there.

the 69 boyz didn't even get booed at the source awards and they were dry-humping the stage & poppin their asses for like 5 minutes. but let yall tell it, outkast only got booed cuz theyre from the south. OKAY BOSS.

they didn't exactly act young.

sure they played younger roles in most of their movies, but that's Hollywood.

Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince did the same thing
First that Outkast shyt is wild inaccurate. Them nikkas was talkin bout hood shyt on they first album I don't know where u got that arrested development shyt from. That's just flat out wrong right there. Sayin shyt like that is why I say u have bias against them. And Will by the time Fresh Prince Of Bel Air came out was 21-22 playing a 17-18 year old. Kid n Play was bout 6 years older than him playing the same age. House Party was based around them. So them nikkas was marketing their shyt towards teenagers. Their music didn't get more grown. It got LIGHTER with the more fame they got. Until House Party 3. The music they was making before House Party was actually more grown. Them dudes was older than damn near all of their peers at that point. They older than Run DMC bro.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
no its not.

even the source cracked down on it at one point with their mic ratings.

that's why people like rass kass were rated so low.

I could give 2 f*cks how many mics they got in the source. LMAO.
5 million albums and their singles weren't that big in general.
then you try to attach sales from other artists that they collabed with, which is lame, and just tells me that you know youre wrong. and none of those acts sold except goodie mob, who were merely gold artists.:laugh: yall really want this outkast chit to be more than it was.

even if I let you move the goal-posts, that's still not 10 million. and if you move the goal-posts for kast, you gotta move the goal-posts for everyone else, which would leave outkast EVEN FURTHER in the dust compared to the rappers youre trying to put them next too.

:laff:

as for tribe, when I reference their "look", its not just about their clothes. its their overall presentation. that's why I posted an entire video, instead of a mere picture of their attire.

but since you insist on posting pictures, heres a still-shot. the posturization says it all. especially on q-tip. then look at them 2 years later.

its like what @thatdude901 said about de la soul a few pages ago. and they didn't change up as much as tribe.

hqdefault.jpg

th

:mjlol: not given 2fukkz for the source mag mics ratings
you might as well say you don't give 2fukkz bout hip hop - with dat stupid ass statement

no need to keep going over & over on this, so I'll say this one last time and thats it

kast
sold over 5 million albums
and
nearly another 5 million records off their own singles, collaborations & song writing (see below)

• player ball
  • southerplayeralistic....
  • git up git out
  • elevators
  • ATliens
  • jazzy belle
  • rosa parks
  • da art of storytelling
  • dirty south -goodie mob
  • black ice -godie mob
  • watch the hook -cool breeze
  • etc...etc...

tribe
you posted 'can i kick it' video where more then half of the video they're dressed in hip hop attire & the other in that afrocentric look
I don't even understand your logic about there dress or presentation or whatever you want to call it
how old are you ?
because which is saying doesn't even make any damn sense
in that late 80s early 90s this was the stlye and if you felt their look and mannerisms were gayish
then you musta felt that way about everybody in this video

:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:mjlol: not given 2fukkz for the source mag mics ratings
you might as well say you don't give 2fukkz bout hip hop - with dat stupid ass statement

tribe
you posted 'can i kick it' video where more then half of the video they're dressed in hip hop attire & the other in that afrocentric look
I don't even understand your logic about there dress or presentation or whatever you want to call it
how old are you ?
because which is saying doesn't even make any damn sense
in that late 80s early 90s this was the stlye and if you felt their look and mannerisms were gayish
then you musta felt that way about everybody in this video

:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

f*ck the source. its just a magazine, and most of the writers weren't even black.

if you don't understand what I mean by presentation, then you shouldn't be arguing with me.
and yes, they had a lot of gay mannerisms.
and yes, I thought the jungle brothers were gay too. and I mustve been onto something cuz baby bam is a crossdresser now.

kast
sold over 5 million albums
and
nearly another 5 million records off their own singles, collaborations & song writing (see below)

• player ball
  • southerplayeralistic....
  • git up git out
  • elevators
  • ATliens
  • jazzy belle
  • rosa parks
  • da art of storytelling
  • dirty south -goodie mob
  • black ice -godie mob
  • watch the hook -cool breeze
  • etc...etc...
youre just regurgitating youre last two posts, just in a different form.

I already responded to this twice.

youre in denial and wasting my time.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
:martin: but was they on street/thug/calling women bytches shyt ???
If they was on some pimp hustler gangsta shyt on they first album yeah they was on some street/thug/calling women bytches shyt :martin:

Don't make me quote lyrics :martin:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
f*ck the source. its just a magazine, and most of the writers weren't even black.

if you don't understand what I mean by presentation, then you shouldn't be arguing with me.
and yes, they had a lot of gay mannerisms.
and yes, I thought the jungle brothers were gay too. and I mustve been onto something cuz baby bam is a crossdresser now.

youre just regurgitating youre last two posts, just in a different form.

I already responded to this twice.

youre in denial and wasting my time.

fukk da source when it was the benzino takeover
prior to that it was the hip hop bible weather you like it or not

just because you got these ill feelings toward them doesn't mean you can rewrite history - breh
and your wrong, an overwhelming majority of their writer from da very beginning to the zino takeover were BLACK!!!!!

it's not regurgitating when the person on the other side of the discussion fails to comprehend

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
If they was on some pimp hustler gangsta shyt on they first album yeah they was on some street/thug/calling women bytches shyt :martin:

Don't make me quote lyrics :martin:

:snoop: are you really comparing this to NWA, cube, dre, snoop, wu, nas, biggie of that early 90's hardcore era

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
:snoop: are you really comparing this to NWA, cube, dre, snoop, wu, nas, biggie of that early 90's hardcore era

Dog, what are you trying to prove by posting these singles videos? I guess Ready to Die wasn't on no street shyt since...

Posters above already said they was on some hood shyt so I ain't the only one. Don't let the semi consciousness and Southern hospitality fool you them nikkas was on some pimp, hustler, trap nikka shyt.

"Well it be I the pimp playing nikka that you heard about
Yeah I got the money and half a million dope houses"

"I got love for any nikka who got love for me
And then I slap or dap when nikkas slanging quarter kis"

"If you cross my path I'll leave you draining like a fountain"

Nah, breh nah they not in the same lane as Tribe. :comeon:

They put this Tip on The Infamous and he rapped about clothes. Tribe was never on no street shyt, Kast was.

Southernplaya took me to Atlanta, the same way Illmatic took me to QB... :francis:

Last edited:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps

:mindblown:Now, I know you weren't there.

Dude, most of The Source in the early days (Before Benzino takeover) were absolutely Black & or Nuyoricans

They had some of the best Black writers in print.

James Bernard, Selwyn Seyfu Hinds, and even Star & Bucwild weren't that bad when they had their backpage column.

They had great articles about racism, police brutality, 2pac & Mike Tyson when they were in jail.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
fukk da source when it was the benzino takeover
prior to that it was the hip hop bible weather you like it or not

just because you got these ill feelings toward them doesn't mean you can rewrite history - breh
and your wrong, an overwhelming majority of their writer from da very beginning to the zino takeover were BLACK!!!!!

it's not regurgitating when the person on the other side of the discussion fails to comprehend

its just a magazine!!!!

theres no such thing as a hip-hop bible. that was just their tag-line.

grow up already breh.

Dude, most of The Source in the early days (Before Benzino takeover) were absolutely Black & or Nuyoricans

James Bernard, Selwyn Seyfu Hinds, and even Star & Bucwild weren't that bad when they had their backpage column.

They had great articles about racism, police brutality, 2pac & Mike Tyson when they were in jail.

all I know is, when they started showing their faces, they were mostly white.
and I bet most of the black writers were dweebs.

good reads, but I could care less about their mic ratings. when it comes to things like that, you should be looking to the block.

yall the type of cats that believed in santa clause way too long.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Dog, what are you trying to prove by posting these singles videos? I guess Ready to Die wasn't on no street shyt since...

Posters above already said they was on some hood shyt so I ain't the only one. Don't let the semi consciousness and Southern hospitality fool you them nikkas was on some pimp, hustler, trap nikka shyt.

"Well it be I the pimp playing nikka that you heard about
Yeah I got the money and half a million dope houses"

"I got love for any nikka who got love for me
And then I slap or dap when nikkas slanging quarter kis"

"If you cross my path I'll leave you draining like a fountain"

Nah, breh nah they not in the same lane as Tribe. :comeon:

They put this Tip on The Infamous and he rapped about clothes. Tribe was never on no street shyt, Kast was.

Southernplaya took me to Atlanta, the same way Illmatic took me to QB... :francis:

:comeon:

outkast debut wasn't on no hood shyt - you cant be serious with comparing them at that time to the hardcore/gangsta climate of that era
just because they dropped a few semi-hard bars doesn't make them mobb deep... i havnt listen to southernplayalist... in a long while (i could be wrong) BUT i hardly remember them cussing & using the word bytch on that album

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX

like real talk
that dude has zero to lil hip hop cred for saying that shyt about the source mag

even if dude was too young or not around back then - he should respect da culture
cause from '88 to da benzino takeover in da early 00's da shyt was 'the hip hop bible'

BTW - to add to the black writers/editors/co owner
ed young -
co owner
cheo hodari coker - wrote notorious movie, biggie book & luke cage
bonz malone - contributer to movie like shaft, life & juice
kierno mayo - former cheif-in editor ebony mag, started honey mag
reginald dennis - cheif editor, started XXL
elliott wilson - editor then ran XXL
chris wilder, rob marriot list goes on & on ....

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:comeon:

outkast debut wasn't on no hood shyt - you cant be serious with comparing them at that time to the hardcore/gangsta climate of that era
just because they dropped a few semi-hard bars doesn't make them mobb deep... i havnt listen to southernplayalist... in a long while (i could be wrong) BUT i hardly remember them cussing & using the word bytch on that album

Yeah, you need to revisit the album.

[Verse 1: Big Boi]
Time and time again see I be thinking about that future
Back in the days when we was slaves I bet we was some cool ass nikkas
But now we vultures, slam my nikka back out
To make his ass black out, or even pull your fukking heater
To make his whole crew believers, you're harder than a bytch full of dikks

But that don't be sounding like King shyt to me
See now in the ghetto or should I be saying Lakewood
You better be strapped cause them nikkas over there just ain't good

Just being a hustler, serving the loyal customers
Rent was due on the first of the month so I'm hustling