in the early 90's if you weren't street/thug/calling women bytches, you weren't popping -Kid N Play

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
"Rappity Rap" is purely a '10s era thing.

Rappers got praised for rapping for most of Hip Hop's history.

no its not.

even the source cracked down on it at one point with their mic ratings.

that's why people like rass kass were rated so low.

i 1st posted their 90's album sales which exceeds over 5 million sold

thereafter posted they roughly sold 10 million in da 90's ((( i meant records in total )))
singles released which results in about 2 million
being part of the dungeon family which included sleepy Brown, cool breeze, goodie mob and other various collaborations that they did which result into several selling million

totaling roughly 10 million

I could give 2 f*cks how many mics they got in the source. LMAO.
5 million albums and their singles weren't that big in general.
then you try to attach sales from other artists that they collabed with, which is lame, and just tells me that you know youre wrong. and none of those acts sold except goodie mob, who were merely gold artists.:laugh: yall really want this outkast chit to be more than it was.

even if I let you move the goal-posts, that's still not 10 million. and if you move the goal-posts for kast, you gotta move the goal-posts for everyone else, which would leave outkast EVEN FURTHER in the dust compared to the rappers youre trying to put them next too.

:laff:

as for tribe, when I reference their "look", its not just about their clothes. its their overall presentation. that's why I posted an entire video, instead of a mere picture of their attire.

but since you insist on posting pictures, heres a still-shot. the posturization says it all. especially on q-tip. then look at them 2 years later.

its like what @thatdude901 said about de la soul a few pages ago. and they didn't change up as much as tribe.

hqdefault.jpg

th

Last edited:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Kid n Play were born in the early 60s. Play was born in 62 bro. Them nikkas was older than damn near all their peers. They acted younger and targeted a younger crowd.
Says they were both born in 68 on wikipedia. You know for sure Play was born in 62?

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
no its not.

even the source cracked down on it at one point with their mic ratings.

that's why people like rass kass were rated so low.
I don't remember the review all that well, but I definitely don't remember them shytting on his rapping.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Yea my nikka. nikkas was 28 playing as high school kids in House Party. Lol. Then did it again at 30 with Class Act.

:francis:

thats just as worst as stacey dash playing a 16 year old high school rich cali brat in that movie back in day - when she was damn near 30 herself

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:francis:

thats just as worst as stacey dash playing a 16 year old high school rich cali brat in that movie back in day - when she was damn near 30 herself
Yup. Lol. She was 28. But atleast she had roles before it. Like Mo Money, St Elsewhere, Renaissance Man, etc etc. Kid n Play portrayed that shyt for a good 3 years before they became adult on screen. Lol

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Of course Mobb Deep had white fans in 95-96 :russ:
But like @IllmaticDelta said they weren't crossover pop white fans.

Every rapper, period, after the 70s, whether big or small, has white fans. I don't care if you only sold 2 copies of your album...white people bought like 6 of them. :mjgrin:
I didn't say they had ZERO white fans bro now that's just ridiculous. Lol. I'm saying that whole crowd full of white people @IllmaticDelta posted was less likely when they first came out then after 8 Mile. Them nikkas wasn't even plat artists until Murda Musik.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I didn't say they had ZERO white fans bro now that's just ridiculous. Lol. I'm saying that whole crowd full of white people @IllmaticDelta posted was less likely when they first came out then after 8 Mile. Them nikkas wasn't even plat artists until Murda Musik.
Way less likely.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
bad boy was arista.:whistle:

you talk about TLC like its a bad thing. i mean, you do realize that outkast has been geared towards r&b/pop consumers since DAY ONE, right? how do you think they were able to go plat & double plat consistently in the '90s, without making a great impact?

outkast didn't get booed at the source awards just because they were from the south. they got booed mainly because a lot of people felt that their group was bullchit. I keep tryna tell yall, they were partly in that r&b-ish arrested development/pm dawn lane. but yall don't want to face facts. yall want to pretend that they were wutang or some sort of underground rap heroes that went platinum against the odds.:laugh:

sales don't equate to respect. and there were plenty of southern acts going plat or multi-plat before or during outkast. and a lot of them were from Atlanta.

geto boys got way more respect than outkast, so I don't know why youre trying to claim nobody got respect down there.

the 69 boyz didn't even get booed at the source awards and they were dry-humping the stage & poppin their asses for like 5 minutes. but let yall tell it, outkast only got booed cuz theyre from the south. OKAY BOSS.

they didn't exactly act young.

sure they played younger roles in most of their movies, but that's Hollywood.

jazzy jeff & the fresh prince did the same thing.

1. Bad Boy was from New York, not Atlanta. That's why I said LAFACE/Arista, because they were an Atlanta company

2. TLC are great, I agree, but they're not a rap group. They're a R&B/pop group with a rapper in it.

3. Outkast were making songs about smokin weed, pimping bytches, selling drugs, and cadillacs. Their frirst album was called Southerplayalisticadillacmuzik. How the fukk is that anything like Arrested Development or PM Dawn, who were both vehemently against ALL that?:mindblown: They didn't even start getting weird until their 2nd album, but that was after the first one was already platinum.

3. They didn't make a great impact? Yeah, okay:heh:

4. They were booed for the same reason Snoop Dogg & Dr. Dre were booed, because New York are some hating ass bytches and anybody who won an award that wasn't from New York/East Coast for the most point were booed.

5. Who's claiming they were Wu-Tang? Why the hell would guys from Atlanta want to be Wu-Tang? Who said they were "underground"? Back then being from Atlanta guys didn't get Hip-Hop respect at all. That's worst than being underground.

6. You've yet to give me any multiplatinum rap groups from Atlanta before Outkast? (other than Kriss Kross, who were a pop act like TLC)

7. The Geto Boys are one of the greatest rap groups of all-time. They should be respected, but even they talked constantly about how the South wasn't getting respect. You know better than Willie D & Scarface? What do you think Willie D & Bushwick were talking about in "The World Is A Geto?"