In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I dont wanna say this show is even remotley close to the shark....but its on the deck and it sees it in the water..

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Of course, she still wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the CIA or Brody. The bytch is fresh out of the psych ward and electroshock therapy, you seriously think they'd put her back in the field? Let alone work with a double agent she admitted she's in love with?

I don't even understand how this is a point of discussion. It wouldn't happen, ever, under any circumstances. Claire Danes and Damien Lewis both won Emmys, I get why they both gotta be on screen together, but the show threw realism out the window to make it happen. It is what it is. It's not like I'm shytting on the show, I've said in the past I don't really give points based on realism.

Fred.

Yeah but u seem to forget why the CIA got her back again

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Some of y'all go to Stretch Armstrong levels to find a way to find faults on every show. nikkas making big deals about zombies being able to eat bones and shyt in the Walking Dead thread. Like who cares? A nikka in that thread went post after post saying that was a plot hole. The digestive system of zombies in a post apocalyptic world is a plot hole? :dahell: And the shyt going on in here now. Like are you that pressed to be contrarian?

@hexagram how would you suggest the CIA take a course of action this season that didn't involve Carrie? When the season starts she's been fired from the organization for months and working as a teacher. They get an asset that has info on Abu Nazir but refuses to talk to anyone but Carrie. Do you suggest they just kidnap her and torture her for the information? They had no option but to bring Carrie in and they deaded her quick fast like Ramadan right after that. A big part of the whole first half of the season is the CIA doing its best to keep Carrie away. When Saul finds that recording of Brody, it doesn't excuse what Carrie did the previous season to get fired, but it does prove that however crazy they thought she was, when it came to the mission she was focused and on point, despite the whole agency telling her different. Now I can accept someone saying they didn't have to bring Carrie in at that point, as they could have just followed him regardless. That said, who do they have that can genuinely get close to him and maybe manipulate him to get back into contact with Nazir besides Carrie? Brody's not their target, Nazir is, but Brody is the only asset they have to get to Nazir after the assassination plot fails. They don't start getting anywhere close to Nazir until Carrie breaks Brody and they find out about Roya. Members of the CIA hierarchy as of this past episode continue to express that bringing Carrie in was a huge fukkup. It's not like they're asking you to suspend your belief. They are expressing that it might not be a good decision every episode.

And with all of that said, I see the 24isms some of y'all talk about and notice certain :dahell: moments at times, but the notion of them jumping the shark and all that other shyt is absolutely premature at this point.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Some of y'all go to Stretch Armstrong levels to find a way to find faults on every show. nikkas making big deals about zombies being able to eat bones and shyt in the Walking Dead thread. Like who cares? A nikka in that thread went post after post saying that was a plot hole. The digestive system of zombies in a post apocalyptic world is a plot hole? :dahell: And the shyt going on in here now. Like are you that pressed to be contrarian?

@hexagram how would you suggest the CIA take a course of action this season that didn't involve Carrie? When the season starts she's been fired from the organization for months and working as a teacher. They get an asset that has info on Abu Nazir but refuses to talk to anyone but Carrie. Do you suggest they just kidnap her and torture her for the information? They had no option but to bring Carrie in and they deaded her quick fast like Ramadan right after that. A big part of the whole first half of the season is the CIA doing its best to keep Carrie away. When Saul finds that recording of Brody, it doesn't excuse what Carrie did the previous season to get fired, but it does prove that however crazy they thought she was, when it came to the mission she was focused and on point, despite the whole agency telling her different. Now I can accept someone saying they didn't have to bring Carrie in at that point, as they could have just followed him regardless. That said, who do they have that can genuinely get close to him and maybe manipulate him to get back into contact with Nazir besides Carrie? Brody's not their target, Nazir is, but Brody is the only asset they have to get to Nazir after the assassination plot fails. They don't start getting anywhere close to Nazir until Carrie breaks Brody and they find out about Roya. Members of the CIA hierarchy as of this past episode continue to express that bringing Carrie in was a huge fukkup. It's not like they're asking you to suspend your belief. They are expressing that it might not be a good decision every episode.

And with all of that said, I see the 24isms some of y'all talk about and notice certain :dahell: moments at times, but the notion of them jumping the shark and all that other shyt is absolutely premature at this point.

I dont think the show is jumping the shark at all...this season has been great so far

Carrie is just starting to get hella annoying with her whole crazy act :beli:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

As far as the bolded, I agree 100%. Unless they write Carrie off the show, which obviously ain't gonna happen, they needed a way to keep her in the mix. The "asset that won't talk to anyone but her" is a reliable trope, I have no problem with that.

The problems begin when she starts interacting with Brody. Damn near constantly. Ignoring direct orders....like 5-6 times this season. She never listens to anyone and just happens to always be right.

Carrie: "Let me follow Brody"

Quinn: "Ok, but promise to stay back"....which is :why: because when has this bytch ever listened?

Carrie: "Ok" :troll:

Then she hops out the van and chases Brody across a field. :why:

And yeah she was right, but that doesn't matter. She takes ridiculous risks every ep. What if the helicopter seen her? Whole mission blown.

You ever watch that show "House"? It was the same shyt. He was a brilliant doctor who did shyt every ep that would get anyone else fired or jailed. But wait....he was right after all, so it's ok. This show ain't there yet, but it's getting :stopitslime: if they keep it up.

Fred.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
As far as the bolded, I agree 100%. Unless they write Carrie off the show, which obviously ain't gonna happen, they needed a way to keep her in the mix. The "asset that won't talk to anyone but her" is a reliable trope, I have no problem with that.

The problems begin when she starts interacting with Brody. Damn near constantly. Ignoring direct orders....like 5-6 times this season. She never listens to anyone and just happens to always be right.

Carrie: "Let me follow Brody"

Quinn: "Ok, but promise to stay back"....which is :why: because when has this bytch ever listened?

Carrie: "Ok" :troll:

Then she hops out the van and chases Brody across a field. :why:

And yeah she was right, but that doesn't matter. She takes ridiculous risks every ep. What if the helicopter seen her? Whole mission blown.

You ever watch that show "House"? It was the same shyt. He was a brilliant doctor who did shyt every ep that would get anyone else fired or jailed. But wait....he was right after all, so it's ok. This show ain't there yet, but it's getting :stopitslime: if they keep it up.

Fred.

You right :manny:, the whole "she's always right" thing is probably my biggest gripe with the show. It dulls the impact of the choices that Carrie makes because we as the viewers know there most likely won't be consequences. She needs to have a "lost 92 bricks had to fall back" moment where her recklessness actually fukks things up. Have her convince the CIA that when Brody comes back he's still on their side and then Brody murks the VP or something.

Carrie and her bipolar p*ssy is the only thing keeping Brody on in line and on their side and we've seen how shaky his allegiance has been. Yeah, her crazy ass disobeys direct orders and risks the mission at every turn, but the CIA doesn't really have a choice. Brody was ready to go to prison and live that license plate life last episode. without Carrie, her connection to him, and those gushy walls of hers the operation is done. I get what you're saying, but I don't know that I would question the realism given the circumstances and the universe they've created thus far.

And I never watched House. I can't fukk with those procedurals :scusthov:.

I dont think the show is jumping the shark at all...this season has been great so far

Carrie is just starting to get hella annoying with her whole crazy act :beli:
It's not an act, she crazy, breh :skip:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't think the show jumped the shark or anything I'm just saying if they keep down the path they're on the show will get kinda hard to watch. Not "Dexter in season 6" bad but just not as good as it was.

I'm thinking they're gonna murk Brody because realistically the way things are they can't stretch this shyt out another season. Would be cool if Abu Nazir found out he was getting played and murked Brody's fam, then next season Brody tries to get revenge off the grid. Yeah that's kinda "24"-ish but fukk it....I think it would be cool. Brody is a Marine I'm sure he could fukk some shyt up if he wanted to.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Spoiler for this show....a real spoiler so don't click if you don't want to know....

I was just reading an interview with Alex Gansa talking about what he does on a typical day on the show and this fukker just dropped that a major character dies towards the end of the season. Now, he didn't say who....but why casually say some shyt like that in the middle of an interview? I don't want to know or expect that shyt. :childplease:

Fred.

KAWS

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Land of Pleasant Living
Why don't we all just agree to suspend our disbelief and enjoy this dope ass show. :yeshrug:

:salute:

This.

No show works without suspension of disbelief.

Check imdb. Every shows gonna have something in the goofs or trivia section that is a "flaw," but that shouldn't actually detract from the viewer's experience.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bscap0444.jpg

:laff:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
cosign this

im starting to grow tired of Carrie and her whole crazy act.shyt is getting old

what Lewis is doing is top notch acting.Daines just playing the same crazy act every episode and watch she win another emmy for that bullshyt

I gotta feeling they gonna kill off Brody before this season over though and if they do i might stop watching

I know u not hating on Daines da Gawd. She gonna get a emmy just for that interrogation scene! :whew: