In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
After her break down in season 1 Carrie would never be working with the CIA. She would never be allowed within 500 feet of Brody.

I've said in the past I don't care much about realism as long as the show is entertaining....and it's entertaining, so :manny:

But let's keep it 100. Realism in the bushes. Now, if they find some kinda way for Carrie and Brody to still be working together next season, shyt will start to be :snoop:

Fred.

Pretty much.

The end of the last few episodes has been too '24' for my tastes....not that I disliked them, rather they just weren't as great as the first 18-ish episodes of the series :manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Did u watch the 1st two episodes :aicmon:

Of course, she still wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the CIA or Brody. The bytch is fresh out of the psych ward and electroshock therapy, you seriously think they'd put her back in the field? Let alone work with a double agent she admitted she's in love with?

I don't even understand how this is a point of discussion. It wouldn't happen, ever, under any circumstances. Claire Danes and Damien Lewis both won Emmys, I get why they both gotta be on screen together, but the show threw realism out the window to make it happen. It is what it is. It's not like I'm shytting on the show, I've said in the past I don't really give points based on realism.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
realism.... nikka had a bomb strapped to himself in a presidential bunker.. shyt aint never been realistic... but its still great :manny:

That shyt was :whoo: though. Had the sniper set up to make them run into the bunker so the vest wouldn't set off the metal detectors. That's some clever ass writing, and I dunno if it's possible in real life but they sold it as believable.

Fred.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I wonder if in 1999 someone wrote a script that had 4 plane hijackings on the same day, 1 flown into the Pentagon and 2 destroying the WTC if cats would question it's "realism" as well.....

cellsius

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The show has never been realistic ever since they found out Tom Walker was a terrorist. No one batted an eye at Brody, who was a pow with him for 8 years. And not only did they not bat an eye, they elected him to congress. I still look forward to the show every week and I still like it. I'm not obsessed with the realism. Also, I never watched 24 so it being 24-like makes no difference to me.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if in 1999 someone wrote a script that had 4 plane hijackings on the same day, 1 flown into the Pentagon and 2 destroying the WTC if cats would question it's "realism" as well.....

No, because no one questioned the realism when "The Lone Gunmen" had the exact same plot as 9/11 in 2001 six months before it happened:

6 months from now if a CIA operative with mental issues falls in love with an asset and continues to work in the field despite being fired, then I'll admit I'm wrong.

Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I was responding to Dexter. I agree with you.

Oh. :snoop:

Well anyway, peep that "Lone Gunmen" shyt. It's pretty eerie how close it got to being accurate.

Fred.

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
No, because no one questioned the realism when "The Lone Gunmen" had the exact same plot as 9/11 in 2001 six months before it happened:

9/11 Predicted on The Lone Gunman - YouTube

6 months from now if a CIA operative with mental issues falls in love with an asset and continues to work in the field despite being fired, then I'll admit I'm wrong.

Fred.

David Petraeus.

Close enough. :manny:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I think they played their last "promise you don't go crazy this time, Carrie" card last week. After she banged out Brody, got back, and was like....

"I'm gonna follow him. Don't worry I wont go crazy" :troll:

that was the first time I actually :smh: at this show

up to that point I was able to suspend my disbelief

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
David Petraeus.

Close enough. :manny:

tumblr_m1ct5nOcZF1rn95k2o1_250.gif

Fred.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
she was right tho... bangin him brought him back to da team :salute:
and she was right again at the end again cuz boy got taken away on a helicopter

carrie is always on point :ufdup:

my point is, that last time when they sent her to follow brody and that chick, they seemed to truly believe she wouldn't go crazy this time.

them dudes, who are top CIA agents by the way, should know damn well she gon keep goin crazy every time shes in the field.

CrazyCarrie.jpg

:youngsabo:

Saul is simpin on a hundred thousand million.....

Saul still my man tho #teamsaul :myman:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I think they played their last "promise you don't go crazy this time, Carrie" card last week. After she banged out Brody, got back, and was like....

"I'm gonna follow him. Don't worry I wont go crazy" :troll:

that was the first time I actually :smh: at this show

up to that point I was able to suspend my disbelief

cosign this

im starting to grow tired of Carrie and her whole crazy act.shyt is getting old

what Lewis is doing is top notch acting.Daines just playing the same crazy act every episode and watch she win another emmy for that bullshyt

I gotta feeling they gonna kill off Brody before this season over though and if they do i might stop watching