In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

Finelli

Trapped in the 90's
Daps
Reppin
1998 SOHH
Next episode is going to determine whether or not this show has...

jump+shark.jpg

Habit

Banned
Daps
Was fairly disappointed with this last episode after the first two. Im really curious to see how the rest of the season is gonna play out

Disappointed? :childplease:

You guys are clowns for real. You the type that enjoy the story line of Brody's daughter getting adjusted to her new school and making new friends. You might as well watch Beverly Hills 90210.

Carrie Da Gawd threw up those pills, because she has only one goal. Carrie will swag surf into Syria looking for Nazir and all his lieutenants. She don't need the CIA to do that, she's the best to ever do it, you heard what Estes said.

In Carrie we Trust
clinton_salute.jpg

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

You guys are clowns for real. You the type that enjoy the story line of Brody's daughter getting adjusted to her new school and making new friends. You might as well watch Beverly Hills 90210.

Please keep that ridiculous stan shyt outta this thread.

Fred.

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

sknk80

Rookie
Daps

Carrie Da Gawd threw up those pills, because she has only one goal. Carrie will swag surf into Syria looking for Nazir and all his lieutenants. She don't need the CIA to do that, she's the best to ever do it, you heard what Estes said.

In Carrie we Trust
clinton_salute.jpg

Your a fukking idiot, for real.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
He'll be able to escape because he's not important. They're after Abu Nazir. Like I said earlier they'll probably try to get them on their side to bring Nazir down.

Fred.

And then the mole becomes the new "Brody"?

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Brody won't get out of this. And he won't be arrested, either.

You know why? Because he has an open line to Abu Nazir. They'll either approach him outright like "we know, now you're a triple agent working for us" or they'll use Carrie.

As far as the ep this is the only time in the series so far where I was kinda :rudy: at something. Them asking Brody to go get the guy was :dwillhuh: as hell. It was extremely "plottish"....it wasn't natural at all. Makes no sense for Abu Nazir to have this guy become a Congressman then ask him to go pick up a man wanted by the CIA.

You could tell the writers were like "ok, we need Brody in the mix in this ep". I felt the same way about Hank conveniently asking Walt to drive him around in season 4 of "BB", which obviously made Walt privy to all kinds of info. "We need Walt in the mix". Still, season 4 of "BB" is classic so this is just a minor complaint about "Homeland", no big deal at all really.

Fred.
This made me wince as well.. Brody is on the verge of becoming the Vice President of The United States. wtf is he doing, and why would they have HIM do this? another lower level-sleeper cell type could've easily handled transporting the tailor to the safe house, why Brody? He can't be the only guy they have on the low in the US.

-But like others have said there's not too much left of this Brody storyline. Something has to give soon. Still a great show but the clock is ticking on the Brody angle

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
even though i agree its retarded to have brody playing chauffeur for the tailor, they explained it by brody being told he was the only person involved the tailor interacted with and knew from an in person meet

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
They could have gotten them two goons that kidnapped Brody in season 1 to do the deed or the ones that shot up that professor. :smh:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
even though i agree its retarded to have brody playing chauffeur for the tailor, they explained it by brody being told he was the only person involved the tailor interacted with and knew from an in person meet

I agree with this. My only problem as far as the realism of the situation is that Brody somehow got to dude first. I see no way, mole or not, that tailor's shop isn't surrounded by law enforcement before Brody can get there.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps

I mean, that's how they tried to explain it away...but it's like "so the fukk what"...is the tailor's comfort worth possibly getting your most valuable asset, a guy that's a sitting congressman and maybe soon to be a heartbeat away from the presidency caught up? He's a part of an international terror syndicate...not like thinks he and brody are the only members in the world...send somebody to tell him the feds are coming, if he doesn't listen hem his ass up and do it by force

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Another angle would be that Saul gets killed before giving Estes the disk. Remember he did say that Carrie's spot was the first place he stopped after getting off his flight. The dudes in customs who stopped him might have peeped that the flashdrive was either a copy/not the real thing , alerted the mole who would then kill saul and take the only remaining copy of the flash drive. Leaving the only person to have seen it being a crazy, compulsive and highly medicated ex - cia agent.

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
Another angle would be that Saul gets killed before giving Estes the disk. Remember he did say that Carrie's spot was the first place he stopped after getting off his flight. The dudes in customs who stopped him might have peeped that the flashdrive was either a copy/not the real thing , alerted the mole who would then kill saul and take the only remaining copy of the flash drive. Leaving the only person to have seen it being a crazy, compulsive and highly medicated ex - cia agent.

Did you see the preview to next weeks episode?
It looks like Saul shows Estes the homegrown, :to:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I mean, that's how they tried to explain it away...but it's like "so the fukk what"...is the tailor's comfort worth possibly getting your most valuable asset, a guy that's a sitting congressman and maybe soon to be a heartbeat away from the presidency caught up? He's a part of an international terror syndicate...not like thinks he and brody are the only members in the world...send somebody to tell him the feds are coming, if he doesn't listen hem his ass up and do it by force

The tailor's comfort is important actually. The better argument is why didn't they just murk him and keep it moving. If the tailor believes Nazir has decided he's expendable there's the possibility he seeks protection and refuge through the government by flipping despite the possibility of getting locked up for a while. The tailor obviously had the thought that the hit was out considering what happened in the episode. Sending a familiar face he's dealt with lessens the chance he runs for it out of fear and tries to broker a deal to ensure his and his family's protection. The question that brings up then is why not kill him if you feel he would flip.