In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
Saw the finale, :wow: they changed the whole game with that one. Was almost certain they was gonna go for some fake body double of Nazir bullshyt, but they defied my expectations once again and took the show to what seems like a manhunt type place.

Should be curious to see how this new raid boss acts. Dude looks like he's about that killin Americans life and not as gung ho about some little brown kid dyin like Nazir. Also they gotta let us in on this mole shyt dude, at this point I think they almost completely forgot about that plot point save for that small part in episode 11.

People actually argued the writers were writing themselves into a corner because so much happened the first 4 episodes. They had so much material to work with and so much ground to cover it made these season top notched. Next season is gonna be even more crazy. CIA doesn't really do man hunts, so that's gonna be up to the FBI & local law enforcement.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
My nikka Naz outsmarted the suits..:lawd:

Now thats that 24 realistic bullshyt the show has been missing..

:myman:

I had a feeling something was gonna happen..im surprised none of them suits felt the same way..Nazir came all the way to the States and u gonna body him like that?shyt was too easy
He sacrificed himself to get his revenge

Estes in the bushes
Finn in the bushes
Mrs walden in the bushes

:manny:

Oh1one

Motherland funk
Daps
Reppin
Joburg
The finale finally aired over here. I almost didn't watch season 2 cause I felt like they toyed with us so much in the first season. But i'm glad I did. Shyt was brilliant.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
24 was a great concept as a show. In the wake of real terrorism, it was an entertaining show where you could watch a good american kill terrorists

You give those guys credit for developing the show and im sure making more $ than most of us will ever make, but the show was full of retarded plot holes, awful writing, and most troubling an extremely destructive world outlook that so many Americans suffer from.

Give them credit for taking the israeli show and turning it into a great first season of homeland. The 2nd season is all them though and it was 24 level quality, just with better characters/actors/on a premium channel, and without the 24 hour concept.

To me, I just preferred the tension and suspense in season 1 rather than straight up action in season 2. S1 was somethig that was completely new and original...while S2 mostly felt like "been there done that" at a slightly lower quality. That being said I like how they finished off in the finale so they get props for finishing strong.

Having watched the series in the last couple weeks I cosign this. First season was very good, based a lot on the intrigue of Brody's character, and at some point I stopped buying into the show and it became a good action show like 24.

The 24 comparison isn't that bad of a thing though. It was ridiculous at times, but in its prime was still a very entertaining show. To me the 2nd season of Homeland was on a level with one of the better 24 seasons. That's cool, just not on the same level of something like Wire, Sopranos, or even Breaking Bad. I got the feeling that the writers were making it up as they went along a few times (helicopter scene) and no amount of dramatic music and facial expressions could sell some of their "powerful twists".

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Pregnant with Brody's child:

article-0-1705B5AB000005DC-117_634x702.jpg

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
People actually argued the writers were writing themselves into a corner because so much happened the first 4 episodes. They had so much material to work with and so much ground to cover it made these season top notched. Next season is gonna be even more crazy. CIA doesn't really do man hunts, so that's gonna be up to the FBI & local law enforcement.
i still think they did but it really wont show until next season

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
i still think they did but it really wont show until next season

Its hard to say, the intrigue is what made the show, if they go deeper into the rabbit hole this show will be untouchable. If they just chase a bunch of terrorists they might as well cancel the show.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This shyt is spot on :laff:

Last edited by a moderator: